Phuket Pit Bull Owner Sued After Savage Dog Attack

webfact

The dogs are a menace.Shoot them.seems so as some farangs, should the same treatment be applied?

Strawman.

I'm not advocating the pre-emptive shooting of dogs - and I generally like dogs vey much, have even loved some - but it would be ridiculous to suggest dogs do or should have the same rights as humans.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I would not hesitate to kill any dogs near me or my family,if i saw them as a threat."

Me too. But same goes for humans.

(In that respect, dogs and humans have equal rights - the right to be killed if they are a danger to my family.)

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Edited by SteeleJoe
  • Like 2

He was released on February 6, 2013 from the Krungthep Phuket hospital, Amphur Meuang Phuket.

The incident occurred on February 6, 2013, at 8.30 a.m

...requiring two months of hospital treatment.

Hmm.

Just because he wasn't hospitalized for 2 months doesn't mean he wasn't treated there for 2 months. In case you haven't noticed yet, doctors in Thailand work mainly in hospitals and don't have their own practices.

Edited by pacovl46

The dogs are a menace.

Shoot them.

I second that.

Mate of mine had a dog which been properly trained but after it killed 3 cats and numerous chicken' s there was no stopping it once it had tasted blood.

It was always kept in an enclosure but the slightest gap it was out.He did not want to chain it up as cruel so it had to go as his girlfriends daughter used to bring her baby to visit and he just could not trust it.

Yes in many case's it is the dumb macho owners who treat there dogs badly and make them attack but not in this case.So you never know

OK guys, calm down. These topics always create quite a fuss...and a few members are no longer with us due to these "discussions". Keep it civil.

A few posts have been removed from view discussing moderation.

wai2.gif:wai2:wai2.gif

And more posts with members bickering have been removed.

And more posts removed. One rule we take quite seriously is discussion of moderation. Any post discussing moderation will be removed from view. If you don't agree, please contact support at thaivisa.com. Do NOT discuss it in a public post.

If a post is removed, we generally have a good reason for it. These types of threads have strong emotions tied to them.

People are talking about the boy attacked by the dog. "A 33 YR OLD BOY?"

That's about right.Thai male 33 = maturity of a 10 year old boy

Not so wrong, I believe!

Seeing a photo of the 33 year old "boy" - man and staring-looking, facial expression in News sources

Realizing, that his 60+ years old mother decides the Hospital and makes the complain and the talking with police.

I strongly presume, the man is mentally not 33.

That mental underdevelopment, is felt by the dogs, and moving acting a bit differently, triggered in my opinion that, in his outcome,

really vicious attack!

Maybe it is just me but I noticed in Thailand when walking especially at night that the average soi dogs liked to roam in packs and tend to be very territorial and prone to attacks if I crossed their paths. I wonder how many other dogs attack occur Thailand. Pitbulls generally get a bad rap because of their image as tenacious dog fighters and their bite pressure is extremely strong but in the right hands and proper training they can be fine dogs. In my opinion all dogs should be fenced in and contained to prevent any attacks.

If he has killed the dog, no one would be calling for deportation, there is absolutely no need to troll and play the farang game.

Dogs were not in the wrong, the owner of the dogs was for leaving the gates open

These dogs need to be put down immediately. The owner needs to pay whatever it takes in hospital bills to do whatever they can for the boy, for however long it takes.

Compensation should also be paid for whatever lasting trauma that poor boy will endure from the incident. Case closed. No other scenario is acceptable.

not that it changes the dogs owner's responsibility but 'that poor boy' is 33 years old and thus is a little past the age of 'boyhood'...

• Like 1

If he has killed the dog, no one would be calling for deportation, there is absolutely no need to troll and play the farang game.

Dogs were not in the wrong, the owner of the dogs was for leaving the gates open

These dogs need to be put down immediately. The owner needs to pay whatever it takes in hospital bills to do whatever they can for the boy, for however long it takes.

Compensation should also be paid for whatever lasting trauma that poor boy will endure from the incident. Case closed. No other scenario is acceptable.

not that it changes the dogs owner's responsibility but 'that poor boy' is 33 years old and thus is a little past the age of 'boyhood'...

At what age does one become a man in Thailand.

I don't see many people here taking responsibility for their dogs...

Some maybe put a collar on them, that is as far as it goes.

Often when cycling I have had dogs run out of homes to chase me..

My dog (Thai Bangkeaw) is very territorial and protective.

He is always tied up at home.

When out of his territory he just ignores everyone but is always on a leash.

People should be responsible for their animals. Irresponsible people should not have animals or children but they do !!

• Like 1

Anyone ever heard of bad owners?? By which Causes Animals to become Un-sociable. Dogs are very social animals I would almost every soi dog I meet becomes my buddy. Every dog behind a fence is usually there to guard the house which means it is neglected and put on a chain "made Crazy". What would you like if you were left on a 1 foot length chain???? Pitbulls are always the Bad guys because People mis treat these strong dogs. In American this happens all the time BECAUSE OF THE OWNERS Dogs are very emotional animals. Imagine a White shirt and how easy it is to get stained (CASE&POINT)

Edited by LivinginKata
multi coloured font changed

Mother of savaged pit bull victim presses criminal charges
Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: Criminal negligence charges were filed this week against the owners of the three pit bull terriers that mauled a man outside his own Phuket home in early February.

Tiansak Aikpaiboon, 33, was savaged by three of his neighbor’s five pit bulls right in front of his home in Suan Thai Village, behind Wichit Songkram School near Central Festival, at about 8am on February 6.

“My son heard a woman screaming in front of our house. He went to see what was going on and saw a woman trying to fight off the three dogs with her handbag and umbrella,” Benjarat Aikpaiboon said.

Her son rushed out of the home to help the woman, only to have the three dogs turn and attack him, she added.

Mr Tiansak was taken to Bangkok Hospital Phuket for treatment after a neighbor managed to chase off the dogs.

“He was at Bangkok Hospital Phuket for almost three weeks,” Mrs Benjarat told the Phuket Gazette.

“He was transferred to Phuket International Hospital on Wednesday to receive a skin graft to repair his leg wounds,” she said.

Spiralling hospital bills totalling over 800,000 baht prompted Mrs Benjarat to file a criminal complaint with Wichit Police on Monday.

“We tried to negotiate with the neighbor at the police station after the incident,” Mrs Benjarat said at the time of filing the complaint.

“Initially, the dogs’ owners asked us to transfer Tiansak to the Phuket Provincial Administration Organization Hospital [in Rassada], but I declined. Our hospital bill from Bangkok Hospital Phuket reached 800,000 baht, but the dogs' owners have paid only 300,000 baht and has refused to cover the rest of the bill,” she said.

Police confirmed to the Phuket Gazette that the dogs’ owners now face criminal charges as Mrs Benjarat filed two complaints under the Criminal Code: one under Section 300, causing grievous bodily harm through negligence, and another under Section 377, allowing a ferocious or vicious animal to wander alone in a manner likely to cause injury.

“If they [the dogs’ owners] are found to have been negligent, the case will be filed with the Public Prosecutor,” said Officer Sanich Nookong of the Wichit Police.

The maximum penalty for a Section 300 infraction is three years’ imprisonment, a fine up to 6,000 baht, or both. For Section 377, the punishment is up to a month in prison, a fine up to 1,000 baht, or both.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Mother-of-savaged-pit-bull-victim-presses-criminal-charges-20365.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-03-02

Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: Criminal negligence charges were filed this week against the owners of the three pit bull terriers that mauled a man outside his own Phuket home in early February.

Tiansak Aikpaiboon, 33, was savaged by three of his neighbor’s five pit bulls right in front of his home in Suan Thai Village, behind Wichit Songkram School near Central Festival, at about 8am on February 6.

“My son heard a woman screaming in front of our house. He went to see what was going on and saw a woman trying to fight off the three dogs with her handbag and umbrella,” Benjarat Aikpaiboon said.

Her son rushed out of the home to help the woman, only to have the three dogs turn and attack him, she added.

Mr Tiansak was taken to Bangkok Hospital Phuket for treatment after a neighbor managed to chase off the dogs.

“He was at Bangkok Hospital Phuket for almost three weeks,” Mrs Benjarat told the Phuket Gazette.

“He was transferred to Phuket International Hospital on Wednesday to receive a skin graft to repair his leg wounds,” she said.

Spiralling hospital bills totalling over 800,000 baht prompted Mrs Benjarat to file a criminal complaint with Wichit Police on Monday.

“We tried to negotiate with the neighbor at the police station after the incident,” Mrs Benjarat said at the time of filing the complaint.

“Initially, the dogs’ owners asked us to transfer Tiansak to the Phuket Provincial Administration Organization Hospital [in Rassada], but I declined. Our hospital bill from Bangkok Hospital Phuket reached 800,000 baht, but the dogs' owners have paid only 300,000 baht and has refused to cover the rest of the bill,” she said.

Police confirmed to the Phuket Gazette that the dogs’ owners now face criminal charges as Mrs Benjarat filed two complaints under the Criminal Code: one under Section 300, causing grievous bodily harm through negligence, and another under Section 377, allowing a ferocious or vicious animal to wander alone in a manner likely to cause injury.

“If they [the dogs’ owners] are found to have been negligent, the case will be filed with the Public Prosecutor,” said Officer Sanich Nookong of the Wichit Police.

The maximum penalty for a Section 300 infraction is three years’ imprisonment, a fine up to 6,000 baht, or both. For Section 377, the punishment is up to a month in prison, a fine up to 1,000 baht, or both.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Mother-of-savaged-pit-bull-victim-presses-criminal-charges-20365.html

pglogo.jpg

Hang on, but the story has changed nowblink.png

In initial report mother claimed her son walked past the house and was attacked, now her story is he heard woman screaming and went to help her.

She then also claimed in previous report the bill was 700 000 baht and now its 800 000?

Phuket Gazette

pglogo.jpg

In initial report mother claimed her son walked past the house and was attacked, now her story is he heard woman screaming and went to help her.

She then also claimed in previous report the bill was 700 000 baht and now its 800 000?

You're talking details here, and details that do not change anything that happened (for your information, walking past the house means he is outside the house, not in it as you claimed earlier).

Phuket Gazette

pglogo.jpg

You're talking details here, and details that do not change anything that happened (for your information, walking past the house means he is outside the house, not in it as you claimed earlier).

I beg to differ, walking past the house and going inside the property to help someone else does change quite a bit.

How exactly did the mother forget to mention this other woman? where was that other woman and what happened to her since?

Rest assured a pitbul bite will require medical attention, so why was she not even mentioned previously.

Hang on, but the story has changed now:blink:

I beg to differ, walking past the house and going inside the property to help someone else does change quite a bit.

How exactly did the mother forget to mention this other woman? where was that other woman and what happened to her since?

Rest assured a pitbul bite will require medical attention, so why was she not even mentioned previously.

None of the reports ever said he went into property. Read post 12, it was mentioned there that they were first attacking a woman. It was also mentioned in other news reports: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-man-gravely-savaged-in-pit-bull-attack-37350.php

Hang on, but the story has changed now:blink:

None of the reports ever said he went into property. Read post 12, it was mentioned there that they were first attacking a woman. It was also mentioned in other news reports: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-man-gravely-savaged-in-pit-bull-attack-37350.php

I am only referring to what i read on Thai Visa and i never said he went in, all i said was that in initial report posted on TV was that he walked past the house and dogs attacked him.

I even raised and argued the issue how dogs managed to get through concrete.

Now the story is woman was attacked, and he went to help, so its 2 different set of accounts

Phuket Gazette

pglogo.jpg

Nobody ever claimed he went inside the house, except you here: 'going inside the property to help someone else'. No, all happened outside.

I am only referring to what i read on Thai Visa and i never said he went in, all i said was that in initial report posted on TV was that he walked past the house and dogs attacked him.

I even raised and argued the issue how dogs managed to get through concrete.

Now the story is woman was attacked, and he went to help, so its 2 different set of accounts

Did you bother to read post 12 by Webfact? I am guessing not:

Posted 2013-02-26 21:24:40

Vicious Pit Bull Attack: Phuket mother files for compensation

Phuket Gazette -

PHUKET: A compensation complaint for a hospital bill totalling nearly 700,000 baht was filed with Wichit Police yesterday after a man was savaged in a vicious pit bull attack.

Benjarat Ekpaiboon’s 33-year-old son, Tiensak Ekpaiboon, was attacked by three of their neighbor’s five pit bulls around 8am on February 6.

“He’s been in hospital for almost three weeks now. Some of the wounds, like the ones to his face, chest and arm are better, but the deep wounds to his legs still need treatment, Mrs Benjarat told the Phuket Gazette today.

Mr Tiensak was still deciding whether he would prefer a skin graft to repair his leg wounds or if he would just leave them to heal naturally, Mrs Benjarat explained.

Her son was attacked by the pit bulls moments after they attempted to attack a woman in the area, Ms Benjarat said.

“Fortunately, the woman was able to use her purse and umbrella to fend them off. Though she did lose her purse,” Mrs Benjarat said. “She filed a complaint with the Wichit Police, too.”

Mr Tiensak was taken to Bangkok Hospital Phuket for treatment after several neighbors were able to chase off the dogs.

“The dogs’ owner asked us to transfer Tiensak to the Phuket Provincial Administration Organization Hospital [in Rassada], but I declined. Our hospital bill is now about 700,000 baht, but the owner has paid only 300,000 baht and has refused to cover the rest of the bill,” she said.

Mrs Benjarat explained to the Gazette that the owner of the five pit bulls had been raising the animals for about five years. Two of the dogs were kept inside and three were kept in a concrete area specially made for them outside, she said.

“I was also attacked by the dogs once, but it was not very serious, so I did not file a complaint,” she added.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...tion-20342.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-02-26