40 Transsexuals Rounded-Up By Police In South Pattaya

Rimmer

40 Transsexuals rounded-up by Police in South Pattaya

ladyboy-5.jpg

PATTAYA:--Police Colonel Suwan, the Pattaya Police Chief led a group of 20 Police Officers and Police Volunteers on an early morning mission to the main entertainment areas of South Pattaya with the task of rounding up as many transsexuals as possible who, the Colonel says, are the main group responsible for tourist-related crimes in the Pattaya area.

The group of officers visited Walking Street and the Bali Hai Port and were made to work for their arrests as many of the transsexuals attempted to escape down alleyways to avoid the inevitable fine of 100 Baht.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/76876/40-transsexuals-rounded-up-police-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-02-28

They were given a 100 Baht fine!

We'll that will deter them from continuing any nefarious carnal behavior.

Although it doesn't say what the fine was actually for? - what was their crime? - shrek in a dress perhaps.

Edited by jonclark
  • Like 1

You would have to be on drugs to write this shit and brain dead to believe it will have any impact at all.The majority of crime in Pattaya involves the local police whoe's idea of justice is simply determined on how much they can make out of any given decision. Criminals in uniform. This garbage is simply spewed out to deflect their actions and total incompotence.

It is standard operating procedure here to feed the public their routine dose of BS.

• Like 1

Why is this even considered news any more? You can set your watch to this story posting on a weekly basis . . . Soon the ladyboys are just going to report to the BIB as a matter of habit!

Edited by quandow

"the main group responsible for tourist-related crimes in the Pattaya area." So individuals belonging to a "group" (could be race, ethnicity, football team fans, age... whatever...) are arrested, although there is no proof or allegations of the individual engaging in criminal behavior. Isn't this the same logic Nazis used? Amazing Thailand....

Why dont the police just set up a banking account, and have all criminals or would be criminals, deposit 100 baht, weekly. This would be the most productive way of collecting money.

Is there a law against ladyboys now? How can they just arrest people, without them doing anything? Actually, I meant, how can they just arrest people, without the general public making any commotion about it. Of course the answer is "if it doesnt affect me, then they can do what they want.

• Like 2

I am a bit confused by this capture and release program...... Round them up,

grab a 100 baht from each of them, and then drop them off at beach road again??

Fall to see how this will diminish the crime problem.

Far be it from I to profile or target any group, but it sure seems like a lot

of crime stories have a lady boy in it.

I am a bit confused by this capture and release program...... Round them up,

grab a 100 baht from each of them, and then drop them off at beach road again??

Fall to see how this will diminish the crime problem.

Far be it from I to profile or target any group, but it sure seems like a lot

of crime stories have a lady boy in it.

The only police benefit I can see is to give them a record so they are known as suspects for future more serious crimes.

Homophobia is alive and well in the "tolerant" Buddhist Land of Broken Smiles!

I don't think it is homophobia, but I do think they are being targeted . Why not round up the mafia and the youth gangs, or kids on motorbikes? It is pretty silly, but the transsexuals don't seem to mind.

From a corrupt point of view, here is why I think they are being targeted. They are freelancing, and unlike places of business which engage in allowing their girl or boy workers to be bar-fined, the police have no office to go to in order to collect their fee. So, what else can the police do but round them up to collect their fee and to appear to be a functioning police force? Additionally, having the transsexuals who engage in this activity to come in to the office monthly and pay for the right to do this would appear a bit odd and there would be some explaining to do.

No! I do not think it is homophobia, but instead a means to collect bribe money without the police appearing corrupt, even though we know better. But that is the way the Asians have been doing it for thousands of years. I am certain that they would not have to round them up on Chinese holidays, and instead simply walk up to the transsexuals and ask for a "donation".

Odd it seems that the fine is only 100 THB. That comes out to 200 THB per officer for a whole lot of effort which the average Thai would turn up their nose at. Maybe it's more and they only say 100. That is probably it. Pay 2000 or we use your record against you and you spend the night is a small room that smells like urine and feces.

100 Baht fine?

Aggressive drugged up men, with long hair and big boobs, disguised in women's clothing & make-up, prowling a tourist area in packs, looking to drug & mug visitors?

Predators is what they are.

This has been going on for how long now?

Last week, members of ASEAN were in town and the police told the riffraff to take the week off...and they did.

Now they are back?

Edited by DiNiro

100 Baht fine?

Aggressive drugged up men, with long hair and big boobs, disguised in women's clothing & make-up, prowling a tourist area in packs, looking to drug & mug visitors?

Predators is what they are.

Like I said, homophobia is alive and well.
Seems like predators to me as well.... Wait, if men with long hair and boobs are robbing people and I don't like it, does that make me homophobic as well ???

If hot babes are robbing -they are correctly classified as thieving whores, but if the sausage brigade robs, and are referred to as thieving homo-whores, the language police rush to their defense, and label people as homophobes - a term created by gays and gay sympathizers, and is not recognized as a disorder by the medical community.

Oh please. Nobody said homophobia is a psychiatric disorder or a phobia like terror about snakes. People who say they don't know the definition or act like the PHOBIA in the word limits the meaning to be about only FEAR are almost always very disingenuous. It is like racism, misogyny, and antisemitism, except directed towards homosexuals. The origin the word homophobia is an interesting academic question but it is a well established word and not likely to be going away.

Yet, this seemingly intentional and stubborn misunderstanding of the word homophobia comes up again, and again, and again, and again. Why is that exactly? It reminds me of people arguing that antisemitism includes Arabs as well, even though it doesn't, not because Arabs aren't semites, but because of the established DEFINITION of the word.

Mirriam Webster Dictionary

Definition of HOMOPHOBIA

: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals
Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

The definition is the definition. Sure, definitions can change over time but I cited a standard current definition. To assume the actual definition of a word is ALWAYS the exact definition that you might GUESS from a root word in the definition is obviously flawed logic. Homophobia does exist just like racism exists and obsessing that you don't accept the definition of the word homophobia changes absolutely NOTHING.

When I was a kid I had some friends who would go around to beat up queers, that's how they put it. We didn't have the word homophobia back then, but that's what they were expressing. It is a very useful word communicating something real in the world, that exists now, and existed before there was a word for it.

Edited by Jingthing

When I was a kid I had some friends who would go around to beat up queers, that's how they put it. We didn't have the word homophobia back then, but that's what they were expressing. It is a very useful word communicating something real in the world, that exists now, and existed before there was a word for it.

So, let us agree that making 'derogatory' comments about verified lb prostitutes does not meet the definition of homophobia.

I'd have to see the specific comments you are talking about to provide an opinion on a case by case basis.