Promenada Update

FrisoPee

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will not make it, but as the video shows they're making excellent progress. It all looks very nice really. I don't mind waiting for it to be ready, but I think I'll spend quite a bit of time there. (Depending on the restaurants that will open up there). Happy to see there's a food court too.

I think I will also spend a lot of time there once it finally opens. Maybe I should edit that.. Depending on parking I may spend a lot of time there.

I was thinking of spending some time there also. According to the original presentation the parking would be no problem. They had a lot of it at a distance and there was a shuttle to take you to the mall. There also was going to be a park.

I think I will also spend a lot of time there once it finally opens. Maybe I should edit that.. Depending on parking I may spend a lot of time there.

I was thinking of spending some time there also. According to the original presentation the parking would be no problem. They had a lot of it at a distance and there was a shuttle to take you to the mall. There also was going to be a park.

Perhaps with designated bench seats for old Thai Geezers to chew the fat? w00t.gifcoffee1.gifwhistling.gifwai2.gif

• Like 2

Perhaps with designated bench seats for old Thai Geezers to chew the fat? w00t.gifcoffee1.gifwhistling.gifwai2.gif

And talk about are operations.biggrin.pnggiggle.gifclap2.gif

And talk about are operations.biggrin.pnggiggle.gifclap2.gif

Would that be "Special Operations"? whistling.gif

• Like 2

I would have thought that they will be on the Ice Skating Rink 23.gif

and perv the black and whites

nope, not really seeing Q1, but really could make Q2 if everything falls into place.

Scarily though, the tenants have yet to start working on their slots. That usually takes a while.

Just drove past. Only about 5 workmen on site, seem to be working on a footpath or similar.

Anybody noticed any new news (news, not opinions) about what's happening?

nope, not really seeing Q1, but really could make Q2 if everything falls into place.

Scarily though, the tenants have yet to start working on their slots. That usually takes a while.

Just drove past. Only about 5 workmen on site, seem to be working on a footpath or similar.

Could be they were all working inside.

Was there many cars or motorbikes on the premises?

Are the parking lots paved?

Could be they were all working inside.

Was there many cars or motorbikes on the premises?

Are the parking lots paved?

- Just one or two vehiles inside.

- No, most of the open areas are yet to be paved

Also, the big entrance point (just up from the side of Big C Don Chan) all closed, with corugated iron (zinc) on a framework obviosly built for purpose to fully close off the entrance.

Just a short distance from me, if someone ever opens a decent gym on this side of town I may never go into town again.

If it includes equipment that is kept in good working condition and some staff that is helpful to old gits as mucgh as to good looking gals I defiantly will be interested.

And it is not an easy thing to get to for me.

Have recently had (very) fleeting thoughts of trying to find a knowledgeably trainer.

• 3 weeks later...

Promenada Mall at the Finish Line – Partner Chi Chang Promises Totally New Multi-Media Experience

CityNews – At a press conference held at the Chedi Hotel March 21st Tjeert Kwant, Dutch CEO of EEC International Real Estate Company Limited, and developer of Promenada Mall, told the press that on June 7th Chiang Mai’s most unique and anticipated mall will be opening its doors and nothing can stop that now. Get ready for a huge party on opening day, Kwant said.

More here - City News

Promenada Mall at the Finish Line – Partner Chi Chang Promises Totally New Multi-Media Experience

CityNews – At a press conference held at the Chedi Hotel March 21st Tjeert Kwant, Dutch CEO of EEC International Real Estate Company Limited, and developer of Promenada Mall, told the press that on June 7th Chiang Mai’s most unique and anticipated mall will be opening its doors and nothing can stop that now. Get ready for a huge party on opening day, Kwant said.

More here - City News

Twais

Thanks for the link.

It looks to be all it had promised in the original concept years ago. I see they as I was, were doubting the ability of Chiang Mai to support a new mall of that size and so have designed it to attract buyers from China and other out of city locations.

When reading the article I was wondering if English was going to be widely spoken there. I for one am excited to see it.

When they say Rimping superstore I was wondering if that is meant to be one that will make the others look small and have more foreign foods on offer. Will certainly be interested in that. Also the new movie theaters. I hope they are a little more user friendly than the airport one.

I was a little confused by the one picture that looked like it had an escalator right out on the ice. I hope they have a wide selection of ice skates on rent there.

looks nice ,but when has any building job finished on time

Well they are already two years overdue so what is a few more months.

Last forecast was just a release saying the first quarter of 2013 this one is in the late second quarter and has more than just a press release. Let us keep are fingers crossed.

On another point I seem to recall concern about traffic getting into it and out of it is that still a concern?