Promenada Update

FrisoPee

CM needs another more convenient Burger King!!!!Please no more McD!!

Have you see the new one just inside Thapae gate? Underneath the M Hotel. Some parking in front of the building and along Ratchadamnoen Rd. Still not uber convient, but much better than trying to park around the Night Bazaar branch and those stupid sales carts.

-Mestizo

Far superior product and voted the Number One burger chain in the US. Puts McD and BK to shame.

http://www.fiveguys.com/

• Like 1

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Mestizo - we need Carl's Jr and Popeye's Chicken!

Popeye's for sure, not familiar with Carl's Jr. A Wendy's would be on my list also. wink.png

Have you see the new one just inside Thapae gate? Underneath the M Hotel. Some parking in front of the building and along Ratchadamnoen Rd. Still not uber convient, but much better than trying to park around the Night Bazaar branch and those stupid sales carts.

-Mestizo

Far superior product and voted the Number One burger chain in the US. Puts McD and BK to shame.

http://www.fiveguys.com/

Yeah, when I moved away from the DC area, there were like 2 Five Guys in Northern VA. Now there is like a million, plus another 10 or so in DC itself. They are doing *REALLY* well.

Pretty good burger. However, the WhatABurger chain is still tops for me (http://www.whataburger.com/) ....And yes West Coasters, WhatABurger is *MUCH* better than that In-And-Out crap!

-Mestizo

I agree with Mestizo - we need Carl's Jr and Popeye's Chicken!

Popeye's for sure, not familiar with Carl's Jr. A Wendy's would be on my list also. wink.png

Carl's Jr is more of a West Coast thing. It depends on what part of the country you are from. Carls Jr = Hardees = Roy Rogers. They are all basically the same restaurant.

There's a couple of Carls Jrs now in Bangkok. And one very near my office in Malaysia. I recall one or two in Singapore as well. Unfortunately I have not yet run across any Wendy's in my travels, however.

-Mestizo

• Like 1

There's an article on CM108.com (all in Thai) on the 2013 European Film Festival. Guess where it's going to be this year? At Promenada, June 13 - 23. They just had the press conference in Bangkok.

Perhaps they have an alternative venue, just in case,like.

I had heard they had signs posted announcing June 7 opening.

I drive past the site several times most days.

In very recent times on some days there are many workers on site,

some days just a handful, but they are certainly making progress and

the place is starting to look good (personal opinion of course),

June 7 seems a bit doubtful considering the internal / individual shop fit out

needed, but perhaps not long after.

Yes, it does look good. They're started on the landscaping and other outside structures.

post-64232-0-54565200-1367282937_thumb.j post-64232-0-30256000-1367282934_thumb.j post-64232-0-96073900-1367282931_thumb.j

It looks a lot prettier than the new Central Festival in that they kept and used space for some walkways and landscaping.

floor_first_low.jpg

With Central Festival I get the feeling that every square inch needs to be a profit-generating area. (Though some interesting architecture looks to be happening there, too.)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

I drive past the site several times most days.

In very recent times on some days there are many workers on site,

some days just a handful, but they are certainly making progress and

the place is starting to look good (personal opinion of course),

June 7 seems a bit doubtful considering the internal / individual shop fit out

needed, but perhaps not long after.

I did see the inside of the building last week and I would think it highly unlikely that they could open as soon as June.

There's an article on CM108.com (all in Thai) on the 2013 European Film Festival. Guess where it's going to be this year? At Promenada, June 13 - 23. They just had the press conference in Bangkok.

really??? I really don't see that happening. Or maybe they are having a 'drive - in' movie festival :>clap2.gif

really??? I really don't see that happening. Or maybe they are having a 'drive - in' movie festival :>clap2.gif

Hope for the organizers that they booked Vista at Kad Suan Kaew as back up........ They are going to need it.

• Like 1

re

your right .... well this shop thinks its opening on

7 june .... but the rest of it who knows ?

dave2

ps .. pic taken this morning : )

post-42592-0-61802700-1367408232_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Well, they're still saying the film festival is going to happen.

http://euff2013th.wordpress.com/

Well my friend says he wont be open until July as his equipment is slow in coming.

How ever I see where it is going to be in the Cinema do they really need the rest of the Mall if the cinema is ready. I would think the only other thing they would really need is a parking lot.

Im opening a shop n promenada. They told me today only part of the mall will open on june 7. My guess is they need another 2 months to fully finish.

Walking around the ground floor today not one tennent has started to fit out their shop yet. Not sure about other floors.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app