Promenada Update

FrisoPee

I was there as well today and with the descrip above the only significant opening is Uniqlo , a great place to shop for Japanese designed clothes at very reasonable prices for women, men and kids

SF cinema was open as well and had the same movies as Central

We left after an hour as the parking and the rest of the small ships were duplicates of Central / Airport Plaza

For those with kids they have a major play area there next to the cinema for 180 baht an hour and 270 baht an hour for the larger area for bigger kids

I won't be back for long till they open up the rest and the missus agrees

Drive to airport plaza arriving at 4pm and there was a great amount of parking available today ! Amazing :-)

270Baht an hour, do the kids get free snacks and drinks and a complementary mobile phone, and more?

• Like 2

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there as well today and with the descrip above the only significant opening is Uniqlo , a great place to shop for Japanese designed clothes at very reasonable prices for women, men and kids

We left after an hour as the parking and the rest of the small ships were duplicates of Central / Airport Plaza

For those with kids they have a major play area there next to the cinema for 180 baht an hour and 270 baht an hour for the larger area for bigger kids

Drive to airport plaza arriving at 4pm and there was a great amount of parking available today ! Amazing :-)

And long may it continue.......everyone please go to Promenada, it's fabulous and once you've been you won't want to go anywhere else. Tell all your friends to go there too.

270Baht an hour, do the kids get free snacks and drinks and a complementary mobile phone, and more?

HHhhahha I am afraid not ...just 270baht for an hour peace and quiet ! I think that's priceless

And long may it continue.......everyone please go to Promenada, it's fabulous and once you've been you won't want to go anywhere else. Tell all your friends to go there too.

Agree ...airport plaza still has the mods for me and I enjoy it very much as the parking eases at airport plaza it makes it even better !

Only thing in Promenada for a repeat visit is if the SF cinema has nicer seats and sound system

Will be there in 2 weeks to test it out

How to get to Promenada via songthaew? Do one of the non-red ones go past that location on their fixed route?

I suspect the red songthaews want more than 20 baht to go that far away from the center of the city.

The web site says there is a shuttle bus to the centre of the city.

I visited the Promenada on its first day of the soft opening, and the parking lots were filled to capacity, and they had auxiliary parking in empty lots across the highway from the mall. They even supplied song-taews to shuttle people to the part of the mall that was open for business.

There are many higher end stores opened with a large clothing store (I think from Japan) selling more reasonably priced goods. I was disappointed with the size of the Rimping Supermarket--it seems that it is tiny--and it is an anchor for the mall. Unless this is just the frontage for a much larger and complete grocery shop in the not too distant future--I will stick to shopping at Rimping at Meechock.

I found the outside architecture and use of colours to be dull and boring, but when I entered the mall I felt it was nicely presented with wide curving aisles, lots of seating, lots of natural light, and a pleasure to walk around. I do hope that CM can support this type of upscale mall, considering that a good percentage of the stores are duplicates of Airport Plaza. I am wondering if it will be the "same same" type of mall as the yet to be opened Central Festival and the Maya Mall.

I visited the Promenada on its first day of the soft opening, and the parking lots were filled to capacity, and they had auxiliary parking in empty lots across the highway from the mall. They even supplied song-taews to shuttle people to the part of the mall that was open for business.

There are many higher end stores opened with a large clothing store (I think from Japan) selling more reasonably priced goods. I was disappointed with the size of the Rimping Supermarket--it seems that it is tiny--and it is an anchor for the mall. Unless this is just the frontage for a much larger and complete grocery shop in the not too distant future--I will stick to shopping at Rimping at Meechock.

I found the outside architecture and use of colours to be dull and boring, but when I entered the mall I felt it was nicely presented with wide curving aisles, lots of seating, lots of natural light, and a pleasure to walk around. I do hope that CM can support this type of upscale mall, considering that a good percentage of the stores are duplicates of Airport Plaza. I am wondering if it will be the "same same" type of mall as the yet to be opened Central Festival and the Maya Mall.

I doubt that either one of them will have an ice rink or outside parks.

Why have you said "same" twice 40.gif

You said

"They even supplied song-taews to shuttle people to the part of the mall that was open for business."

On the original proposal several years ago they advertised that they would be providing transportation from parking to the mall.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=same%20same%20but%20different

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=same%20same%20but%20different

That link is not refering too "same same" its refering too "same same but different" which is not the same as "same same" laugh.png

• Like 1

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=same same but different

That link is not refering too "same same" its refering too "same same but different" which is not the same as "same same" :lol:

That's because it's the "same same" simply not different!

Look at this from another thread, everyone's saying it, at the risk of sounding like a burke i might start saying it 39.gif

Posted Today, 15:21

chiang mai, on 08 Jun 2013 - 05:42, said:snapback.png

Yes, same same.

Nothing has really changed, save UK is clawing its way back to health, and Thailand vice versa.

• 4 weeks later...