Former U S Army Paratrooper Destroys 60 Gubernatorial Campaign Ads: Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing his cached photo from Facebook:

432042_486451521382940_416927525_n_zpsd8

I'm rather inclined to think Andy is a bit of fraudster in regards to his claim of being a paratrooper with the 82nd Airborne. He's gone way overboard with his chest full of medals.

That doesn't jive with his current Facebook photo (Post #2) showing him with the rank of private, his age, and his "former" status. The U.S. Army doesn't dish out medals like the Thai Army does.

He wouldn't be the first bogus claimant here for illustrious military service.

I'll concede that his cached photo DOES go along with his Facebook-listed "like" activity of Drinking.

Edited by Buchholz

Probably just loses his temper easily when intoxicated; probably got nothing to do with his previous service in combat areas or being a paratrooper. And I'm saying this as a military veteran myself.

WHAT AREAS WOULD THAT BE???????????????????????? a lot of experience at his age

better keep this lot in USA

then again everybody knows US beer doesn't contain alcohol, drinking real beer is dangerous

Had some footage of some defacements from my last trip so thought I'd knock up a quick and dirty video to celebrate the fact - warning soundtrack contains some foul language....

No defacements here. biggrin.png

pad-animal-posters-five.jpg

I'm rather inclined to think Andy is a bit of fraudster in regards to his claim of being a paratrooper with the 82nd Airborne. He's gone way overboard with his chest full of medals.

That doesn't jive with his current Facebook photo (Post #2) showing him with the rank of private, his age, and his "former" status. The U.S. Army doesn't dish out medals like the Thai Army does.

I'll concede that his cached photo DOES go along with his Facebook-listed "like" activity of Drinking.

The US Army certainly dishes out a 100 times more fruit salad than the Aussie Army.

On the contrary, it would be appropriate good ole Spiro was governor of Maryland and was nailed for corruption.

Perhaps the poor chap was possessed by demons..........

Mmmm...demons as in your avatar.....??

Oh the fruit salad he's wearing is nothing compared to the "war hero" type decorations, ribbons, medals, blinking lights, etc., worn by many high level Thai govt civil servants. Please note I said "civil servants" and not the Thai military. When looking at some of the ceremonies on TV news a person would thing everybody is a 5 star general and been in 10 wars. Thai civil servants sure like "bling" on their special made uniforms.

• Like 2

The US Army certainly dishes out a 100 times more fruit salad than the Aussie Army.
if you say so rolleyes.gif

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ecZ7L6c7AUY/SopRsmZ1MII/AAAAAAAAAPs/h7zi6z7kTLE/s400/aatv.jpg

Anyway, he should keep that in mine if chooses to impersonate an Australian Army paratrooper next.

rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

3:30 am and intoxicated - I am pretty sure politics has little to do with any of it. I noticed on the page he listed under Favorites

Activities

[Drinking]

Drinking

Agreed. Obviously another drinker that's had just too much, after all it was 3 30am. BUT who really gives a s***t? Is this story of any interest I ask you?

Oh? What does the US army give a medal for that the Aussie army does not?

3:30 am and intoxicated - I am pretty sure politics has little to do with any of it. I noticed on the page he listed under Favorites

Activities

[Drinking]

Drinking

Agreed. Obviously another drinker that's had just too much, after all it was 3 30am. BUT who really gives a s***t? Is this story of any interest I ask you?

During the main election campaign PTP supporters destroyed thousands of Democrat Party billboards.

No one was arrested.

Activities

[Drinking]

Drinking

During the main election campaign PTP supporters destroyed thousands of Democrat Party billboards.

No one was arrested.

That is a common practice here in Esaan. Yeah red democracy and free speech.

Visual pollution , you actually become sign blind , anyone from risk assessment or safety, will tell you , the more signs, the less likely of being noticed, as for the former Paratrooper, ya stuffed up son, but Jesus signs in Asia do give ya the sh!!ts.coffee1.gif .

Where can I contribute to his legal fund?

Or at the very least, buy the guy a beer.

I don't encourage vandalism, but I like the idea of cleaning up obnoxious litter, and that's the only way I can describe that trash.

It is about time someone attempted to do something about these horrifically obnoxious ads. A few ads here and there are fine. But, upon traveling around Bangkok, I found literally thousands of posters within just several blocks of my hotel. It is way, way, way over the top. I realize these insects who are running, need to insure the continual flow of the tens of millions of dollars, into their savings accounts. But, is there no limit to the advertising?

change hotel, area or country

Range practice, Dixie bashing, stubbing your toe, shaving. The vast majority of Aussie troops (99%) go through thier careers without a single thing apart from the National medal that every government employee gets after 15 yrs service. thumbsup.gif Well maybe not shaving but we use to hang it on the yanky troops when they came across for exercises dripping in fruit salad.smile.png

Edited by chooka

Range practice, Dixie bashing, stubbing your toe, shaving. The vast majority of Aussie troops (99%) go through thier careers without a single thing apart from the National medal that every government employee gets after 15 yrs service.

Nonsense anti US propaganda rearing it's ugly head. Come back when you have some knowledge of what you are talking about. This from a combat vet who has served with Aussie troops in the field and they are nothing like you.

I must admit those cheesy grins the white suits the rows of medals the black hair dye..............yeah all those things make me want to rip out the posters too............they may as well say look at my smarmey face and see how much I can milk off the dumb electorate if you vote me in.

I did twenty years and I've got two lol.

What's this guy's crime anyway? Being sensible?