Thai Farmer Tax System? Flat Rate No Matter How High Income?

Unless a registered company, Thais are not taxed on their farming income by the government or amphur (district). I suspect that the Bt400 you refer to is probably land tax, which is ridiculously cheap – around 40 baht per rai if I recall correctly (perhaps less than this; many don’t even bother to pay this). The local Or Bor Tor (sub-district council) has the right to levy a small tax if they want but I’ve never heard it happen in my area.

Rgds

Khonwan

Unless a registered company, Thais are not taxed on their farming income by the government or amphur (district). I suspect that the Bt400 you refer to is probably land tax, which is ridiculously cheap – around 40 baht per rai if I recall correctly (perhaps less than this; many don’t even bother to pay this). The local Or Bor Tor (sub-district council) has the right to levy a small tax if they want but I’ve never heard it happen in my area.

Rgds

Khonwan

We used to pay about 25 baht total on our 25 Rai/pa. The title is Tor Bor 5. It is currently being assessed, and we haven't paid a cetang in 4 years. As for tax. I know of no one who pays a farming tax. Edited by Mosha

Tw,s tax statement is very simple,it is Gross income ,less 80% cost of production ,less 30k personal allowance, 2.5% tax on remainder.

IE. Income= 1000,000 THB

80%COP=800,000

Deduction = 30,000

Taxable = 170,000 @ 2.5 %

Total tax = 4250 baht.

• Like 1

Just checked the land tax with my wife: 4 baht per rai; must cost the government more to collect. This is the rate for SorPorKor and BorTor5– no idea about chanote land.

Dom, I’m surprised your wife pays any tax; is this an amphur tax?

We had a visit by two government revenue inspectors 7 years ago; the visit was sparked by our installation of our own transformer (50kva 3-ph). They enquired as to our business. We explained we fattened pigs. They were satisfied and left with no request for tax.

Some years before, whilst on a 5-day live-in course on breeding & rearing cattle at Kasertsart University, I asked about tax and was told that unless we had 1,000 head there would be no tax due, unless the OrBorTor wanted to levy a small tax.

Rgds

Khonwan

Just checked the land tax with my wife: 4 baht per rai; must cost the government more to collect. This is the rate for SorPorKor and BorTor5– no idea about chanote land.

Dom, I’m surprised your wife pays any tax; is this an amphur tax?

We had a visit by two government revenue inspectors 7 years ago; the visit was sparked by our installation of our own transformer (50kva 3-ph). They enquired as to our business. We explained we fattened pigs. They were satisfied and left with no request for tax.

Some years before, whilst on a 5-day live-in course on breeding & rearing cattle at Kasertsart University, I asked about tax and was told that unless we had 1,000 head there would be no tax due, unless the OrBorTor wanted to levy a small tax.

Rgds

Khonwan

That is income tax only mate.

The land tax (paid locally) in Fang area, is a flat fee assesment by the land officials. Our payment is 5 baht per year, per rai. This used to be a flat fee of 50 baht on 10 rai plots, but went up several years ago.This fee is on land valued at 100,000 baht per rai, (again determined by land office)

Hi!

Thx for info!

This would mean also when a farmer open a company, he pay the same amount of tax based on his land size , no matter how high the income and profit will be in one year?

It's always the same fixed tax price right ?

Hi! Thx for info! This would mean also when a farmer open a company, he pay the same amount of tax based on his land size , no matter how high the income and profit will be in one year? It's always the same fixed tax price right ?

As I do not have a company, I cannot answer that. But knowing Thailand like I do, I doubt that your assumption is right. Little farmers are not viewed in the same manner as a company, by individuals, and these same individuals, interpert, translate, judge, and even enforce the rules, wheather written or a part of tradition and or folk lore.

Thailand is not based like our falangcountries on taxes, Thailand is all about letting the poor people take care of themselfs and not bother the upper-class too much.

The middle-class and the upper-class (especially) has their focus on their own rewards from Thailands different winnings. So Thailand believe they are being successfull as long as they do not hear a piip from the poor people... And luckily for them there is soo much food people can take from the fields and from the bushes and from the trees and from tehir rootes that Thailand do not have to care really....

THAT´S what it is all about......really!!

Glegolo