Buying Land In Kids Name Can A Farang Live There

hi im new to this but i would like to buy some land, me and my girlfriend have a child, i am the legal father by court order in thailand, i would like to buy in the girlfriends name but put in trust for our kid so the mother cant sell it or borrow money on it, i think im able to do this any input would be a help, also if i did this would i be able to live there and use the address to obtain my visa, thanks for any advise.

Land will be purchased in your partners name and then gifted to child same day at land office. You can live there. Just remember property cant be mortgaged or sold til child resches 20 years of age unless exceptional circumstances

Land will be purchased in your partners name and then gifted to child same day at land office. You can live there. Just remember property cant be mortgaged or sold til child resches 20 years of age unless exceptional circumstances

there are no trusts in Thailand

PM ME

• Like 1

Salavan. Would recommend you do thaivisa forum search using words like "buying property in the name of a child" or similar to find and study some of the many quite informative threads about this approach. Buying property in this manner has its upsides and downsides, the relative importance of which vary depending on your individual circumstances. I would also recommend that you take a look at the main alternatives, for example buying in the name of your gf but with a usufruct - as has alreay been mentioned by another poster.