Work Permit Expiry 31St March 2013.

Got another mate here who needs some advice.

His WP expires on the 31st March (School Hols and school staff not available), It drops on a Sunday (31st March). He plans to leave LOS for a short holiday get a new visa and return (Visa runs out 31st March also).

Does he need to show the WP chitty saying it has been cancelled / expired on departure from LOS? Or can he walk out stress free?

Thanks for your help. If only I could get a job as the official "ask TV for me please" group.

I would charge reasonably lol.

Thank you.

EDIT - He is working until the 29th March so cant really leave earlier.

Edited by jambco984

He is on an extension and he is changing schools starting in May.

I told him unless the school sorts out paperwork for the consulate then he will have to get a tourist visa until he can swap for a Non B, Is this wise info?

What do you reckon regards his WP?

Thanks.

I guess his contract ends on the 31st and is leaving on the 30th or 31st.

The big question is when does his permission to stya ends, if that is also the 31st he doesn't need to do anything. He can just leave the country. If the permission to stay ends after the 31st, he would need to cancel his permission to stay at immigration with a letter from the school stating his last day of employment: the 31st.

Yes, his only option would be to get a tourist visa till he can apply for a non-B visa again with paperwork from his new school.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I guess his contract ends on the 31st and is leaving on the 30th or 31st.

The big question is when does his permission to stya ends, if that is also the 31st he doesn't need to do anything. He can just leave the country. If the permission to stay ends after the 31st, he would need to cancel his permission to stay at immigration with a letter from the school stating his last day of employment: the 31st.

Yes, his only option would be to get a tourist visa till he can apply for a non-B visa again with paperwork from his new school.

Good morning Mario.

My mate is all prepped from his new school with documents to say he will start employment with them so he will apply for a Non B. Where is the easiest, stress free place? I have told him Vientiane is good but I don't really know the pros and cons of say Savannaket or other consulates.

Thanks.

All are fine, the only thing to take in consideration is that Cambodia takes 4 work days to issue and Laos only 2 days. Vientianne will be a god choice.

Thank you.

You learn something new every day, I never knew about Cambodia taking 4 days.

Cheers.