Young Driver From Wealthy Family Gets Suspended Jail Term

Buchholz

The defendant's sentence went from "15 years and two months in jail on charges of premeditated-murder" reduced to zero time in jail on a 2 year suspended sentence.

.You need to read the article again..........more closely this time. Duh. smile.png

Duh. rolleyes.gif

What part is wrong?

Post # 5

Phrakanong Court sentenced Kanpitak Pachimsawas to 15 years and two months in jail

Post # 1

The Appeals Court sentenced a young driver to two years' suspended jail term

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kanpitak, son of Kun-anek and Savinee; former Miss Thailand, to pay compensation to Sangwan Srihawong, for Bt800,000.

That'll probably come out of the petty cash drawer.

And, if your parents are rich, how many people do you have to kill

before you get a proper sentence ?.

unlimited

As I said in a previous post "Big money = Get out of jail free" The bottom line is that most Thais would rather get compensation than see justice done. They accept that the rich are treated like gods in the law courts and all they can hope for is a decent monetary payout. The whole judicial system here is a sad joke.

• Like 1

What a joke. Can't control his anger?? Throw him in jail for a long time. What happens when he can't control his anger again and kills some more people?? Crazy entitlement for the stupid rich kids in this country. Should be locked up for years no questions asked.

It's why I try not to make eye contact with Thais. They are dangerous, unpredictable and of an ancient mentality that most of us simply can't understand. We are living in a country that is modern its consumption but ancient and backward in its culture.

Be careful out there, and don't make eye contact.

• Like 1

Moo Ham gets suspended jail term

The Appeals Court Tuesday sentenced a young driver from a wealthy family to two years'
suspended jail term for crashing into a group of bus passengers and killing one of them.

The Phra Khanong Provincial Court found that Kanpitak Patchimsawat, 25, had a mental problem that reduced
his ability to control himself while under stress.

It's an euphemism and a requirement for qualities some people need for a political career in Thailand,
helpfully supported by the "justice" system. Look at CY and his next of kin ........

"The defendant also was asked to have his mental problem treated." This guy has " .......a mental problem that reduced his ability to control himself while under stress. It was found that the victim was killed while the defendant could not control himself", and yet they only ask him to get help. This is a clear breach of their duty of care not only the public but to the young man himself. He should have been commited to a mental health institute until his illness is declared under control.

Edited by waza

Disgusting. He may have escaped prison, but i pray he and his parents are tormented by their guilty conscience for the rest of their lives and society shuns them.

What guilty conscience?

No one shuns the wealthy Thai.

But, if it had been my loved one his "inability" to drive while under stress killed, I'd be very, very thankful his prison sentence was suspended, and he was walking the streets of Bangkok.

I have to admit.

I am getting worn out by all this corruption.

That makes two of us. To me it seems openly crazy that money talks, for the world to see. sad.png

Make that three.

...and since it is not getting any better and there is not the slightest change in sight, it is not the first time, I think about packing up and leaving.

...and I only came here 5,5 years ago...

I have to admit.

That makes two of us. To me it seems openly crazy that money talks, for the world to see. sad.png
Make that three.

...and since it is not getting any better and there is not the slightest change in sight, it is not the first time, I think about packing up and leaving.

Nearly 17 years, and starting to lose that loving feeling

I have to admit.

Make that three.

I've been here since '94 (and no Doc that was not 1894). It was corrupt when I got here and it has appeard to grow but I think it was about the same because now it is brought out in the open more. Of course with any populace policy corruption is easier due to the amount of money involved. I know I rave about YL and the PTP being corrupt and they are but the democrats have certainly had their moments also.

Money is such a temptation to people in power that corruption will always be with us and if we were to move to another country it would be the same there. I love the USA (not the government) but the politicians are shamefully corrupt just like most of them here.

So until corruption starts affecting me personally in my daily life I'll just do like we all do and complain about it but leaving is not an option, well not yet anyhow.

• Like 1

I have to admit.

Make that three.

Nearly 17 years, and starting to lose that loving feeling

Yeah, me too.

Familiarity breeds contempt.

The honeymoon's over.

Nothing will change the bribery and corruption of this place any time soon because it is all the way to the court and judges who are supposed to uphold the law. They are a disgrace to their position and what they represent. If you have money you get away with murder as demonstrated here. This little prick need a frontal lobotomy - pleading stress (poor dear) and a deliberate case of road rage where death was the result. He needs life, not a 2 year suspended sentence. In the least, the monkey house and some bum fodder so he is taught a lesson. Had it been a Farang guilty of this it would have been 10+ years.

it really boils down to "love Thailand with all it's flaws and pimples or take a hike."

The rot and corruption here is so endemic it would take far more than a social upheaval to change it.

I'm here for the ride as long as I like being here and as long as the government is Ok to have me as a "guest".

It's important to note that he intentionally swerved into the people after an argument.

Initially he was facing premeditated murder charges, not just driving offences.

Yeh, we know, thats why our comments and disdain. sad.png

If the posters were in a similar position.

Would they tell the judge,they would rather do hard time,than probation.

I don't think so.

Think l can state here that non of us would ''intentionally'' mow down a crowd with a car.

• Like 2

If the posters were in a similar position.

Would they tell the judge,they would rather do hard time,than probation.

I don't think so.

...ahm...be in the same position?

You mean, driving a Benz into a bus-stop, because the bus driver annoid me?

Yeah...that will sure happen...when hell freezes over!

I have to admit.

I am sure there are many who are worn out by all the corruption, not the least are the Thais themselves. I have only been here for 4 years but my wife has lived here all her life and she is as worn out by it as are many others.

Sometimes the people try to fight the system and fail. They want to see justice in cases like this but know it will not happen.

Some are scared to fight against the system as they know the consequences. Hard to blame the few Thai's who want change because of the threats on their lives.

There are also many Thai people who look at these situations and believe that if only they can get enough money they too will be beyond the reach of the "Law".

Changes will come but it will take a long time. I do not believe it will come in my childrens lifetime but hopes are my grand-childrens life here in Thailand will be better than it is now. I think anybody who is raising a family here hopes for a better future for their children.

• Like 1

I have to admit.

I am sure there are many who are worn out by all the corruption, not the least are the Thais themselves. I have only been here for 4 years but my wife has lived here all her life and she is as worn out by it as are many others.

Sometimes the people try to fight the system and fail. They want to see justice in cases like this but know it will not happen.

Some are scared to fight against the system as they know the consequences. Hard to blame the few Thai's who want change because of the threats on their lives.

There are also many Thai people who look at these situations and believe that if only they can get enough money they too will be beyond the reach of the "Law".

Changes will come but it will take a long time. I do not believe it will come in my childrens lifetime but hopes are my grand-childrens life here in Thailand will be better than it is now. I think anybody who is raising a family here hopes for a better future for their children.

The Thai system is so innately corrupt that all who come from this system are likewise corrupt so It can only be changed through outside pressure, that is international pressure or Thais educated outside Thailand. That why I hope that ASEAN may be a catalyst of change, but alas I believe the Thai system needs to collapse and to fall into conflict before anything will change. However, the PTP government and Redshirt movement seem to have Thailand well down this road to social and finacial collapse.

Edited by waza
  • Like 1