Unable To Format My Posts In Thai Visa

Beetlejuice

Since Thai visa closed for a short period of maintenance about a week ago, I have not been able to completely format my text when creating a post.

In the compose section, the text editing menu and icons have been greyed out, as shown in the picture below.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a general fault?

post-110219-0-65733600-1362556689_thumb.

This may actually be the only time you are in the right.

the new editor SIMPLY DOESN"T WORK as well as the old one.

if you click the little bbcode button on the upper left you can toggle between views.

the wysiwig editor is awful

How dare you. I am always right.

You ask my mum, she`ll tell you.

This may actually be the only time you are in the right.

the new editor SIMPLY DOESN"T WORK as well as the old one.

if you click the little bbcode button on the upper left you can toggle between views.

the wysiwig editor is awful

here is an example of an issue people are having with the wysiwig editor and nested quotes. not the post below comes for a topic i see as a related issue.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/622732-cant-modify-posts-when-posting-too-many-blocks-of-posts-to-allow-posting/?p=6162298

it is very difficult to edit or delete a quote, and you can get 'stuck' in an existing quote. the only way to post out of the quote is to toggle to the bbcode edit function.

but there are additional problems with this.

if i recall correctly, the format function used to be available in regular mode, but we did not receive a formatted view. Selecting, bold, italic, font or any formatting code simply inserted the tags around the selected text, previewing was necessary to check the formatting.

This hybrid method was not as pretty, but at least you knew what was happening with your formatting.

Now, when you toggle bbcode mode, it appears as it used to (though the font is courier), but the formatting buttons that inserted the tags are disabled, and you must manually type in the tags.

either way its frustrating. for those who are happy using the wysiwig view and are not dealing with multiple nested quotes its ok, but when you get the too many quotes warning, you must use the bbcode to fix or delete one or more quotes, it would be much better if the formatting toolbar went back to inserting the tags where needed (as before) rather than being disabled

hope this makes some sense

Edited by candypants