Red Bull Heir's Hit-And-Run Case Reaches Prosecutors' Hands: Bangkok

webfact

The whole of Thailand is watching ...

For once can the justice overcome fame and wealth?

Failure, in this case, is not an option.

Oh yes it is. There was never any chance that this would end with justice served. Thailand is simply incapable of handing down justice. It is not within the system. They do not have the courage, nor the spine for justice. Easier to let this worm buy his way out of his problems. Here is a decent description of this worm:

Punks like this one do not know anything about. They learn nothing in the real world. This punk gets up in the morning, eats, smokes 10 cigarettes, goes to work, makes life miserable for hundreds, gets off work, drinks himself blind, smokes another pack of cigarettes, gambles away his money, hassles women, makes many women pregnant, and makes a pain of himself to everyone he encounters. Then he sleeps. Then, he gets up in the morning and feels like crap. And now we all have to pay the price for this fool's foolishness. He has no sense of his place in the world. He was born into tremendous wealth, and with that came responsibility. Was he taught that? Why not? Because his father was an insect too. If his weak and pathetic father was a man of honor, he would have talked his worm of a son into confessing, and paying for his crime. He killed someone. He mowed down a policeman. What a waste of a life. And to think that he is consuming oxygen? What for?

Mike Macarelli

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the other rich kid murder topic posted today he has nothing to worry about.

The story about the young lady who wiped out all on board a university minibus has gone very quiet, no doubt being "thoroughly investigated " too. As soon as the story broke, including pictures of her texting at the scene, her mother asked that everyone forget she has a " family name' or in other words don't forget

No, it's not "being" thoroughly investigated. It's all done and wrapped up, and that's why it's gone very quiet.

The under-aged, un-licensed driver whose crash killed people on a van got a suspended sentence, no driving until age 25.

It's a case that certainly set a "good" precedent for what's likely to follow in the Red Bull case.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/581023-tollway-crash-teenager-gets-two-year-suspended-sentence/

Thanks for that because following the initial theatre of hand wringing and promises of justice and no special treatment it all went quiet which can mean anything here

• 3 months later...

Considering the other rich kid murder topic posted today he has nothing to worry about.

The story about the young lady who wiped out all on board a university minibus has gone very quiet, no doubt being "thoroughly investigated " too. As soon as the story broke, including pictures of her texting at the scene, her mother asked that everyone forget she has a " family name' or in other words don't forget

No, it's not "being" thoroughly investigated. It's all done and wrapped up, and that's why it's gone very quiet.

The under-aged, un-licensed driver whose crash killed people on a van got a suspended sentence, no driving until age 25.

It's a case that certainly set a "good" precedent for what's likely to follow in the Red Bull case.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/581023-tollway-crash-teenager-gets-two-year-suspended-sentence/

Thanks for that because following the initial theatre of hand wringing and promises of justice and no special treatment it all went quiet which can mean anything here

Red Bull heir’s Ferrari crash indictment postponed for a fourth time

By Coconuts Bangkok June 19, 2013 / 17:23 ICT

The trial proceedings of the criminal case against Vorayuth Yoovidhya, a 28-year-old Red Bull heir, was postponed today for a fourth time.

Prosecutors said that they were still waiting for more testimony from police on whether or not they should press an additional charge of speeding against Vorayuth. It was the same reason for the previous postponement of the indictment.

According to Manager Online, Vorayuth is now being charged with a hit-and-run offense as well as dangerous driving causing death. Speeding will be his third charge if he was found driving at 170 km/hour as he was accused. The indictment was deferred for a maximum of one month.

Vorayuth stands accused of killing a police officer whilst driving his Ferrari in the early hours of the morning on Sukhumvit Road last September.

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/06/19/red-bull-heirs-ferrari-crash-indictment-postponed-fourth-time

Edited by chooka

They aren't sure if they want to accuse him with speeding? That is the first thing that should be up there. What a ludicrous system. Can't this be cleared up with a single phone call?

Is the accusation that he will be charged with speeding at 170 kmh so if he was provably doing 169, he gets off.....

My god, this country sometimes leaves me speechless.

Edited by Thai at Heart

They aren't sure if they want to accuse him with speeding? That is the first thing that should be up there. What a ludicrous system. Can't this be cleared up with a single phone call?

Is the accusation that he will be charged with speeding at 170 kmh so if he was provably doing 169, he gets off.....

My god, this country sometimes leaves me speechless.

postponed twice whilst they decide whether to charge him with the speed. The more serious charges are the hit and run. The prosecution can just simply say add the charge or leave it out they are prosecuting not the police. They just seem to be stalling for some reason.

Probe into Red Bull heir's crash completed

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Metropolitan Police Area 5 investigators submitted their final report on the hit-and-run case against Vorayuth Yoovidhya, grandson of the Red Bull energy drink founder, to the Southern Bangkok Court's public prosecutor on Monday.

The 27-year-old Vorayuth crashed his Ferrari into on-duty Pol Senior Sgt-Major Wichien Klanprasert and then fled the scene on September 3, 2012.

City police deputy chief Anuchai Lekbumrung insisted that the police had not dragged their feet but were carefully investigating the case within its time frame of six months. He said police did not fear criticism if the end result turns out like that of Kanpitak "Moo Ham" Patchimsawat, who got given a two-year suspended jail term Tuesday for crashing into a group of people waiting at a bus stop and killing one of them.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-03-06

In other words that will be the outcome.

WOW! BIB, the finest in the world. They will let their own brothers be murdered without justice, no problem.

You don't understand. It was a rather substantial check he donated to the 'tea' fund.

The policeman who died was 'unlucky'. People die, needlessly, every day. His family is very lucky. If their loved one was killed by a poor person there would be no compensation and there is little comfort knowing the poor person who killed their loved one will spend twenty years in prison. In this case, they have still lost their loved one but now have lots of money to help them forget. Since nothing is going to bring the Policeman back, which is better? No money and the offender serves twenty years or lots of money and the offender gets off scott free. It's not the kind of justice I'm used to but in Thailand it is commonly accepted. In some places in the Middle East, compensation that is accepted by the family is also accepted by the prosecutors. The same was true in Europe a couple hundred years ago. This is not a totally alien concept nor a strictly Thai concept.

• Like 1

The policeman who died was 'unlucky'. People die, needlessly, every day. His family is very lucky. If their loved one was killed by a poor person there would be no compensation and there is little comfort knowing the poor person who killed their loved one will spend twenty years in prison. In this case, they have still lost their loved one but now have lots of money to help them forget. Since nothing is going to bring the Policeman back, which is better? No money and the offender serves twenty years or lots of money and the offender gets off scott free. It's not the kind of justice I'm used to but in Thailand it is commonly accepted. In some places in the Middle East, compensation that is accepted by the family is also accepted by the prosecutors. The same was true in Europe a couple hundred years ago. This is not a totally alien concept nor a strictly Thai concept.

No money and 20 years!

but now have lots of money to help them forget

I don't think you have children. All the money from the rice pledging scheme could not make you forget, nor would you enjoy it.

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 1

No money and 20 years!

I don't think you have children. All the money from the rice pledging scheme could not make you forget, nor would you enjoy it.

That's your personal choice. The officer is dead in any case. Some want revenge over money. For me, I not a vengeful person, my loved one is dead and punishing someone will not bring him back, so, I'll take the money. It would give my kids a better future than no money and some schmuck sitting in prison.

• Like 1

Unless, of course, the person that was killed was your child. Then who would you give a better future to?

I don't think this is an either or situation. He can pay and he can do his time.

At least the city will be a little bit safer with him locked away for a while.

• Like 2

People are getting their knickers all twisted up over a system they do not understand. We had a case back in new Mexico were a guy broadsided a Harley and killed the rider. The driver fled the scene after he was tracked down he claimed he was not driving the car but that it had been stolen, needless to say there were a few witnesses that said it was the owner driving but there was not enough other evidence to prove there account, the guy walked without compensation to the family. In justice happens everywhere just in different ways, a big payout to the family isn't enough for most of the people here but appears to be fine with the cops family

People are getting their knickers all twisted up over a system they do not understand. We had a case back in new Mexico were a guy broadsided a Harley and killed the rider. The driver fled the scene after he was tracked down he claimed he was not driving the car but that it had been stolen, needless to say there were a few witnesses that said it was the owner driving but there was not enough other evidence to prove there account, the guy walked without compensation to the family. In justice happens everywhere just in different ways, a big payout to the family isn't enough for most of the people here but appears to be fine with the cops family

Thais are nothing if not pragmatic.

If it comes down to a question of money or justice they will take the money every time.

And TBH can you really blame them?

No money and 20 years!

That's your personal choice. The officer is dead in any case. Some want revenge over money. For me, I not a vengeful person, my loved one is dead and punishing someone will not bring him back, so, I'll take the money. It would give my kids a better future than no money and some schmuck sitting in prison.

I am not vengeful either, if I was they would be dead. Why can wanting to see someone punished for a criminal act, that is against the law, in which a child of mine was killed be considered vengeful? By paying money and not doing time (he paid 3 million and the family are worth 250 Billion up) it means he is out in society and he WILL do it again, just as sure as Chalerm's son will whack someone else. The point I am trying to make is that you said money will help them forget, the fact is it won't. It wouldn't give your other kids a better future either. Kids are clever, they would know that every single baht you spent on them was a reminder of their dead sibling. If you let him walk for financial renumeration when the law would normally lock them away then when he does kill someone else you become directly responsible. So, personal choice, yes please.

No money and 20 years!

I am not vengeful either, if I was they would be dead. Why can wanting to see someone punished for a criminal act, that is against the law, in which a child of mine was killed be considered vengeful? By paying money and not doing time (he paid 3 million and the family are worth 250 Billion up) it means he is out in society and he WILL do it again, just as sure as Chalerm's son will whack someone else. The point I am trying to make is that you said money will help them forget, the fact is it won't. It wouldn't give your other kids a better future either. Kids are clever, they would know that every single baht you spent on them was a reminder of their dead sibling. If you let him walk for financial renumeration when the law would normally lock them away then when he does kill someone else you become directly responsible. So, personal choice, yes please.

I am sorry: I seem to be discussing the wrong story. I thought we were talking about the loss of a grown man who was the provider for his family. You are talking about the loss of a child. What's more, you have turned my talking points, where I was talking about a grown adult, into me defending the taking the life of a child. I guess you can always win your arguments when the other person doesn't know you will change the topic after they have commented.

Edited by rametindallas

I have a 32 year old son whose loss to me would be immeasurable and no amount of money could help me forget. He is one of my children. The Policeman concerned had parents. Every comment I have made would be equally as valid for a 32 year old as it would be a 5 year old. No matter how old your children get, they are still your children.

• Like 2

If you will ever apply for Thai citizenship, remember to write that in the petition letter. Chances are, that it will be well received.

Edited by paz

No money and 20 years!

Well it sounds harsh but I have to agree with you. It is a case of scratch and cut corners just to survive for you and your family for the rest of your life just so you can have revenge and still miss him. Or still miss him and provide a better life for the rest of the family. I choose to help the victim. But it seems to me that their should be another type of punishment that can be administered and still keep the survivors financially healthy.

Please don't any one start with that how would you feel crap. I am just like you I don't know but I do know what it is like to loose an 18 year old son in an accident.

Punishing this <deleted> is not about revenge. The purpose of the criminal justice system is to deter crime dealing harshly with criminals, thus other criminals see this and are more careful. So if this guy is put in jail for twenty years, all the other worthless hiso kids will see this. So next time they are at a party, and someone offers them a big line of coke just before they drive their Ferrari home, they will think twice....Maybe.. :-)

I highly think they will think differently they already think from a life time of training that they are different.

Although not as egregious as the actual running down of a motorcycle cop, the surprising thing is that it doesn't happen more often.

It is common knowledge are no consequences for criminal behavior of Thailand's super rich.

Minutes after that high born Na sweet young thing rear bump-shifted that passenger van and killed 10 people she was photographed slouching her butt on a rail, texting away to her nearest and dearest.

There is no guilt.

About six months later I was dining in a group which included one of these wonderful people. Since she'd had a similar accident and killed a mother and two young children she was now holding herself out as an expert on trials by media. They were awful and you'd have to have been the focus of one to appreciate that.

Kind of like being Thai.

"We should consider the poor girl's feelings, she's had to go through a public humiliation and will likely have to spend some time getting over the whole thing alone in school abroad," was this woman's position.

She'd been in almost the same position she whined and we could never know how badly she felt. (She, like Boss is Chinese but she used it anyway)

Any counter-case, any "but surely you accept . . . ." was met with the familiar female soap opera witch's barred teeth, bulging eyes and sneer along with a non-verbal threat to break out into a screaming tantrum. He'll, she didn't care. We weren't in one of her hi-so places. We were off on Asoke 18 in a second tier joint far from the back sois between Thonglor and Suk 53. And most of us were foreigners after all.

This woman had spent two years in the US following her own tragic accident and that was more than enough punishment she claimed. Out of respect for her poor European husband and aware that if the topic were pursued further she'd trash the restaurant, we changed the subject.

She was soon "kha-Ing and coo-Ing and smiling as if there'd never been a problem.

This high-end scum-sack beyotch had killed three women with her car.

I met a much lower-profile but highly born thirty-ish woman a year or so later. She talked about her own accident in which there'd been at least one fatality as being the cause of her earning disorder.

At this point I was ready to accept the odd vehicular homicide as being a ritual of young Bangkok girls' rite of passage.

This Red Bull maggot will suffer no consequences.

None.

• Like 1

Although not as egregious as the actual running down of a motorcycle cop, the surprising thing is that it doesn't happen more often.

It is common knowledge are no consequences for criminal behavior of Thailand's super-rich.

Minutes after that high born "Na sweet young thing to-ya" rear bump-shifted that passenger van and KILLED 10 people she was photographed slouching her butt on a rail, texting away to her nearest and dearest.

There is no guilt.

There will be financial atonement but no guilt.

None.

About six months after that infamous Chang Wattana slaughter I was dining in a group which included one of these wonderful people. Since she'd had a similar accident and killed a mother and two young children with her car she was now holding herself out as an expert on trials by media. They were awful and you'd have to have been the focus of one to appreciate that.

Kind of like being Thai. (She, like Boss is Chinese but she used the old canard anyway) " You would never understand."

"We should consider the poor girl's feelings, she's had to go through a public humiliation and will likely have to spend some time getting over the whole thing alone in school abroad," was this woman's position.

She'd been in almost the same position she whined and we could never know how badly she felt.

Any counter-case, any "but surely you accept . . . ." was met with the familiar female soap opera witch's bared teeth, bulging eyes and sneer along with a non-verbal threat to break out into a screaming tantrum. Hell, she didn't care. We weren't in one of her hi-so places. We were off on Asoke 18 in a second tier joint far from the back sois between Thonglor and Suk 53. And most of us were foreigners after all.

This woman had spent two years in the US following her own tragic accident and that was more than enough punishment she claimed. Out of respect for her poor European husband and aware that if the topic were pursued further she'd trash the restaurant, we changed the subject.

She was soon "kha-Ing and coo-Ing and smiling as if there'd never been a problem.

This high-end scum-sack beyotch had killed three women with her car.

I met a much lower-profile but highly born thirty-ish woman a year or so later. Although she appeared much more gracious and contrite than the nightmare above, she talked about her own accident in which there'd been at least one fatality as being the cause of her eating disorder. To be fair to her she appeared more spiritually affected than the first two.

At this point I was ready to accept the odd vehicular homicide as being a ritual of young Bangkok girls' rite of passage.

This Red Bull maggot will suffer no consequences.

None.

A unable to edit on my iPad so I quoted and made some changes.

Hope nobody dies.

This is one of those instances were the 'ordinary people' should join together against their real enemy.

Reds, yellows, greens, white masks.... whatever.

This worthless piece of flesh who has no understanding of the meaning of compassion, responsibility or justice should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, purely and simply to prove a point, that being........... yes, it does apply to you too.

Want to march in the streets?

Go ahead, but pick a worthwhile cause.

Like this one, bring the first untouchable down, and then go for the rest of them.

• Like 1

Sadly, Donnie is exactly right. Nothing will happen to the maggot. Most of the thundering against him seems to be occurring with farangs, who can clearly see this is a class issue. The rich do as they wish, and if a poor person gets run over , no problem. Thais have basically been trained their entire life to believe this, in the same way they wai and prostrate themselves in front of a rich person. This attitude is truly obnoxious to any westerner, who generally believe that we are all equal, only some people have more zeros in their bank account.

This case is mildly interesting due to the fact a hiso killed a member of the world's largest mafia, the Thai police. And STILL he got away with it. What chance would a peasant have if one his relatives were to be run over by a hiso..... :-)

if the young man had driven a Honda Jazz nobody would care a sh*t.

If he had driven a Honda Jazz at 120 km/h, dragged the cop along for 200 meters, left him to die, went home, tried to bribe the police, get an innocent man to be his scapegoat etc pp...you be damn sure, I would care a lot of sh1t!

Also to all you "this is Thailand, it is like it is, go home if you don't like it"- guys: GROW UP!

• Like 1

If he had driven a Honda Jazz at 120 km/h, dragged the cop along for 200 meters, left him to die, went home, tried to bribe the police, get an innocent man to be his scapegoat etc pp...you be dam_n sure, I would care a lot of sh1t!

Also to all you "this is Thailand, it is like it is, go home if you don't like it"- guys: GROW UP!

who would care a sh*t that you care a lot of sh*t? your pet rabbit?

If he had driven a Honda Jazz at 120 km/h, dragged the cop along for 200 meters, left him to die, went home, tried to bribe the police, get an innocent man to be his scapegoat etc pp...you be dam_n sure, I would care a lot of sh1t!

who would care a sh*t that you care a lot of sh*t? your pet rabbit?

Read your statement- read my reply!

Problem solved!

No money and 20 years!

You do know that a criminal case, in Thailand, where a sentence is imposed provides the aggrieved party the right to Civil Court for compensation. The downside is that it could take years and enforcing payment would be a real issue. I think you will find this is the reason most Thais go down the immediate compensation path that, in effect, forces them to accept lack of justice for prison time to be served by the guilty.

Edited by simple1