Red Bull Heir's Hit-And-Run Case Reaches Prosecutors' Hands: Bangkok

webfact

I always thought that the picture with the blue cap , similar to the one in the OP, was an outdated picture from many years ago.

From this thread it seems clear that this is in fact a recent picture.

That 27 year old man looks to me like a child with mental disabilities who should never be allowed to drive anything else but a three wheeler...........with pedals of course.

Edited by jbrain

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to another newspaper, "police denied accusations" that the case was moving at an "inordinately slow pace." The prosecutor was "handed" a "murder" case while reckless driving and intoxicated and stated the dragging of the murdered policeman's body 200 meters on outbound Sukhumvit Road before turning in to the family home on Soi 53. The news omits the collusion, obstruction of justice, and bribing of staff and senior police by the Red Bull family to attempt to have a family staff member "take the fall."

This looks like a serious murder indictment forthcoming. The prosecutor has little choice, under the circumstances, but to proceed with a murder indictment lest they clearly look corrupted and on the take. Then the issue of a trial or plea bargain comes. Rest assured that the the conclusion of plea bargaining is already known. The outcome of the plea bargain will be cause for outrage, international disgrace, or an ever so slight beginning of true justice and equality before the law to start to happen in Thailand.

Based on news reports, the description of the incident, the killing, the scenario step by step, the outcome of positive testing for drugs and alcohol, the dragging, the hit and running, the bribery, obstruction of justice, collusion, it looks like anything short of 20 years incarceration would be a corrupted concession on the part of the prosecutor.

• Like 1

A man died as a result of a rash and careless act brought about by an inhebriated driver The very fact that DC Anuchai Lekbumrung is presupposing public complaints suggest to me that the fix is already in. What a sick and insideous system. They should hang their heads in shame.

• Like 1

What's the bet he is found to have some sort of mental or developmental condition as well....

...such as Bi Polar, OCD, ADD, Aspergers, Autistic, Manic Depressive, Epileptic, Schizophrenic, Tourette's or is mildly retarded.

This kid will walk. He has paid of everyone that needs to be paid of. Just a formality now.

Not everybody yet! This case will go to court and the one sitting in his high chair with the final say will need bag fulls.

• Like 1

What's the bet he is found to have some sort of mental or developmental condition as well....

...such as Bi Polar, OCD, ADD, Aspergers, Autistic, Manic Depressive, Epileptic, Schizophrenic, Tourette's or is mildly retarded.

This kid will walk. He has paid of everyone that needs to be paid of. Just a formality now.

His facial appearance rivals that of Alfred E Neumann.

His facial appearance rivals that of Alfred E Neumann.

You don't have to be a doctor to see that this guy IS in fact autistic.

He hasn't had the charges dropped yet?? I am surprised this is still going on. Sadly, nothing will happen but a slap on the wrist because his family has a large check book. Such a shame. Let me guess he has a bipolar disorder that pushes him to drink so its not his fault he killed a cop while behind the wheel??

Considering the other rich kid murder topic posted today he has nothing to worry about.

The story about the young lady who wiped out all on board a university minibus has gone very quiet, no doubt being "thoroughly investigated " too. As soon as the story broke, including pictures of her texting at the scene, her mother asked that everyone forget she has a " family name' or in other words don't forget

There was probably a one percent chance of him facing any real punishment. However since the bus stop killer has just evaded punishment, I am now going to drop the odds to .....zero.... To me, the bus stop killer was far more deserving of punishment. He used his car as a lethal weapon, and knowingly with intent ran down and killed a person. The Red Bull killer is just a punky spoiled brat high on drugs in a fast car who had a accident. Of course he ran away as that is the Thai thing to do. But he had no intention of killing the policeman....

This case fascinates me, as the hiso kid killed a member of one of the largest mafia organizations in the world, thus pitting these two groups against one another. Interesting to see if the police stand behind one of their own, or just take a bunch of money and call it a day. The police actions on the night of the accident would seem to indicate the money choice....

You're stating what his "intent" was. You're making a lot of leaps and judgments here. Firstly, How do you know what his intent after impact was? Is it possible that he struck the police officer, then realized he was in hot water and made a conscious decision to run, drag the living or dead police officer to his certain death and/or to shake him loose from the car during the 200 meter escape? The decision to run and kill after after impact is why there is supposed to be a fair trial and evidence.

Secondly, the judgment that the bus stop killer is "worse" than the hit and run killer because the Red Bull guy was just a "punky spoiled brat high on drugs" is an opinion and/or judgment that has nothing to do with the actual crimes and you shouldn't be excusing away criminal behavior. He may have been high on drugs as evidence shows, but that needs to be prosecuted at trial.

• Like 1

Chappakwidik again?

Wasn't the real name of the place Chap Acquitted? What's in a name like Kennedy or Red Bull? Freedom.

Happens everywhere. If it didn't Bush and Blair would be in jail by now for mass murder, not just for that of one life.

Blair also guilty of Perverting The Course of Justice by instructing a 2 year fraud enquiry involving BAE be dropped in the " national interest " because a Saudi prince was involved and the Saudis said they would not buy fighter jets if it went ahead. You can put a price on justice

• Like 1

UPDATE:
Probe into Red Bull heir's crash completed

The Nation

30201390-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Metropolitan Police Area 5 investigators submitted their final report on the hit-and-run case against Vorayuth Yoovidhya, grandson of the Red Bull energy drink founder, to the Southern Bangkok Court's public prosecutor on Monday.

The 27-year-old Vorayuth crashed his Ferrari into on-duty Pol Senior Sgt-Major Wichien Klanprasert and then fled the scene on September 3, 2012.

City police deputy chief Anuchai Lekbumrung insisted that the police had not dragged their feet but were carefully investigating the case within its time frame of six months. He said police did not fear criticism if the end result turns out like that of Kanpitak "Moo Ham" Patchimsawat, who got given a two-year suspended jail term yesterday for crashing into a group of people waiting at a bus stop and killing one of them.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-03-07

There was probably a one percent chance of him facing any real punishment. However since the bus stop killer has just evaded punishment, I am now going to drop the odds to .....zero.... To me, the bus stop killer was far more deserving of punishment. He used his car as a lethal weapon, and knowingly with intent ran down and killed a person. The Red Bull killer is just a punky spoiled brat high on drugs in a fast car who had a accident. Of course he ran away as that is the Thai thing to do. But he had no intention of killing the policeman....

This case fascinates me, as the hiso kid killed a member of one of the largest mafia organizations in the world, thus pitting these two groups against one another. Interesting to see if the police stand behind one of their own, or just take a bunch of money and call it a day. The police actions on the night of the accident would seem to indicate the money choice....

You're stating what his "intent" was. You're making a lot of leaps and judgments here. Firstly, How do you know what his intent after impact was? Is it possible that he struck the police officer, then realized he was in hot water and made a conscious decision to run, drag the living or dead police officer to his certain death and/or to shake him loose from the car during the 200 meter escape? The decision to run and kill after after impact is why there is supposed to be a fair trial and evidence.

Secondly, the judgment that the bus stop killer is "worse" than the hit and run killer because the Red Bull guy was just a "punky spoiled brat high on drugs" is an opinion and/or judgment that has nothing to do with the actual crimes and you shouldn't be excusing away criminal behavior. He may have been high on drugs as evidence shows, but that needs to be prosecuted at trial.

No no no no.... I am far from excusing his behavior. He in fact needs to be prosecuted in full for his behavior post accident. IE dragging the officer down the street. The proper response after the initial accident would have been to stop immediately and render aid to the officer.

My point was he did not get into his car with the intent of running down a police officer. Whereas the bus stop killer in a fit of rage elected to ram his car into a group of people. It is sort of like the difference between manslaughter and premeditated murder.

"punky spoiled brat high on drugs".....

He is punky for leaving the scene and possibly a dying officer.

He is most likely spoiled being the son of a billionaire in Thailand.

The brat part is an actual judgement call on my part.

He in fact was high on drugs as was proven by the police.

• Like 1

Why do you discount intent when judging the 2 cases? The Benz kid caused death with by his intentional action, disregarded because of "mental dysfunction". The Ferrari driver was negligent in driving while intoxicated, but there is no suggestion that he intentionally hit the police bike.

That he didn't stop could be argued as panic, and is nowhere near as reprehensible as road rage vehicular murder.

The whole of Thailand is watching ... dry.png

For once can the justice overcome fame and wealth?

Failure, in this case, is not an option.

Does that make a difference?

Mu Ham yesterday got off with a 2 year suspended sentence and mandatory psychiatric treatment. He only deliberately ran over and killed a peasant who got in his way, after a bus scatched his mercedes.

The fact that his mum was an ex beauty queen and his dad a very senior ex police officer had NOTHING to do with it. It seems the boy can't control his anger, poor thing.

Maybe Mr Red Bull can't control his need for speed/cocaine/alcohol, poor thing........

Edited by eddie61

Why do they always seem to wear shades indoors?

"You can't hide your lyin' eyes

And your smile is a thin disguise

I thought by now you'd realize

There ain't no way to hide your lyin eyes"

Henley/Frey

If he gets away with this they should be playing 'The Great Escape'.

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Metropolitan Police Area 5 investigators submitted their final report on the hit-and-run case against Vorayuth Yoovidhya, grandson of the Red Bull energy drink founder, to the Southern Bangkok Court's public prosecutor on Monday.

The 27-year-old Vorayuth crashed his Ferrari into on-duty Pol Senior Sgt-Major Wichien Klanprasert and then fled the scene on September 3, 2012.

City police deputy chief Anuchai Lekbumrung insisted that the police had not dragged their feet but were carefully investigating the case within its time frame of six months. He said police did not fear criticism if the end result turns out like that of Kanpitak "Moo Ham" Patchimsawat, who got given a two-year suspended jail term Tuesday for crashing into a group of people waiting at a bus stop and killing one of them.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-03-06

In other words that will be the outcome.

WOW! BIB, the finest in the world. They will let their own brothers be murdered without justice, no problem.

Am I missing some thing here?

Are you saying the BIB will be the final verdict.

I thought that was the courts job. (crooked as they can be at times)

No no no no.... I am far from excusing his behavior. He in fact needs to be prosecuted in full for his behavior post accident. IE dragging the officer down the street. The proper response after the initial accident would have been to stop immediately and render aid to the officer.

My point was he did not get into his car with the intent of running down a police officer. Whereas the bus stop killer in a fit of rage elected to ram his car into a group of people. It is sort of like the difference between manslaughter and premeditated murder.

"punky spoiled brat high on drugs".....

He is punky for leaving the scene and possibly a dying officer.

He is most likely spoiled being the son of a billionaire in Thailand.

The brat part is an actual judgement call on my part.

He in fact was high on drugs as was proven by the police.

Okay, but when you say "his intent was" that's objectionable. The issue of "premeditation" is what prosecution and evidence is all about. One might argue that the bus stop killer "didn't intend to kill" but rather to motivate them to move in retaliation against the bus driver. So "premeditation" is out the window. His defense however based the appeal of his sentence on the fact that he was mentally incapacitated.

On the other hand, one might argue that the Ferrari driver hit the cop and then in a "conscious thought stream," determined that his best course of action was not to stop and render aid but to abandon the injured officer and then for 200 yards, surely killing him while dragging his flapping body through the streets of Bangkok, while watching him die on the hood of the car for 5 minutes. Clearly a heinous severely punishable crime of intent to "kill" and then later to eliminate the evidence or his implication in the incident. Premeditation is clearly an issue, if forensic evidence finds that the officer was still breathing when the Ferrari left the scene of impact.

The Nation

City police deputy chief Anuchai Lekbumrung insisted that the police had not dragged their feet but were carefully investigating the case within its time frame of six months. He said police did not fear criticism if the end result turns out like that of Kanpitak "Moo Ham" Patchimsawat, who got given a two-year suspended jail term Tuesday for crashing into a group of people waiting at a bus stop and killing one of them.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-03-06

WOW! BIB, the finest in the world. They will let their own brothers be murdered without justice, no problem.

Yes - the BIB can indeed be the final verdict.

They can indeed sink a case if they want to. Not at all hard for them to do.

The Nation

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-03-06

Not saying that at all.

The fact the police point out they did not fear criticism if the end result turns out like that of Kanpitak

"Moo Ham" Patchimsawat, who got given a two-year suspended jail term. IMO this implies the police did not do their best at gathering or presenting all the evidence to the prosecutor to compel the judge to bring a full and just sentence.

Actually he wasn't charged with drunk driving and certainly not with driving under the influence of cocaine. Neither was he charged for the traces of cocaine found in his car. Tell that to any poor teenager from Klongtoey or in the provinces that get harassed even at home in order to produce a urine sample.

• Like 2