Red Bull Heir's Hit-And-Run Case Reaches Prosecutors' Hands: Bangkok

webfact

Thailand wants to stage an F1 GP. Red Bull and Ferrari two of the most powerful and wealthiest teams in F1.

I would hazard a guess all three parties would like the matter to disappear up it's own exhaust ASAP.

This little tow rag could well pull off one of the great legal escapes.

You made it to the podium with that comment.clap2.gif Sad but oh so true.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silly foreigners, you no tink like Thai, said with my best pidgin English. They are much more pragmatic about matters like this that silly farang. They do not concern themselves with silly concepts such as justice and equality, no right or wrong, good or bad, just hard facts. They have boiled it down to the lowest common denominator, which is what is the value of the dead policeman's life and to compensate the family for the loss. If you notice, the only people that get banged up in Thailand are those who can't pay their way out of a jam.

attachicon.gifyouvid.jpg.................................attachicon.gifmoo.jpg

Moo to Boss:

"Don't worry mate.

Bring mummy, wear black tie, look suitably contrite, wai anything that moves, wear dark glasses, try not to smirk.

No pompem. "

PS Can you get me a deal on a Testostarossa?

What's a Testostarossa?

It's a Testarossa with balls.

And with RED hair.

Why do you all get so wound up about these things.

You won't change it, I won't change it. Go with the flow and leave all the Angst to those that deserve it.

This will be a no brainer and a classic example of Thai justice for thai people with money and status. The punk kid will walk away with probably no jail time but family will be paying some big money. A slap in the face for the average Thai but they continue accepting and voting for these people responsible for the corruption in their culture.

attachicon.gifyouvid.jpg.................................attachicon.gifmoo.jpg

Moo to Boss:

"Don't worry mate.

Bring mummy, wear black tie, look suitably contrite, wai anything that moves, wear dark glasses, try not to smirk.

No pompem. "

PS Can you get me a deal on a Testostarossa?

I'm not an expert on Wai's, but my Thai friends tell me that ths wai is meant for people who are below you in stature.. just saying... wai.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IOKUhkY8kY

And the great lines

A street kid gets arrested, gonna do some time
He got out three years from now just to commit more crime
A businessman is caught with 24 kilos
He’s out on bail and out of jail
And that’s the way it goes
Raah!

So why is Thailand different to America, Europe, etc?

The businessman was John de Lorean; Cars again.

Edited by Soi Sauce
  • Like 1

Just wondering, does anybody have enough real & conclusive knowledge on Thai law as to whether Thai citizens, as a group, can lodge an appeal, for example in regard to the sentencing of the 16 yr old girl and the multiple deaths in the collision with a mini van, and the Merc driver who deliberately ran into and killed people at a bus stop, etc?

Not looking for opinions or negative comments, or what 'should be', please post only if you have a specific and relevant and factual answer.There is of course an attached point about non-criticism of decisons / statements made by Thai courts or judges.

Not suggesting anything about farang doing anything, just curious as to whether Thais as a citizen group could take such an action.

Thanks.

I can't speak specifically to Thai criminal law... But as to law in general, a person or party typically needs to have some legal standing in a case in order to get involved/appeal.

In this kind of a criminal case, the general public or parts of it have no standing.

Perhaps the victims, or the public prosecutor if they strongly disagreed with the court's decision. But that seems extremely rare here if it occurs at all.

• Like 1

This guy is a very easy target to point at as the scum of the world, maybe too easy. I asked a well known Thai attorney 6 weeks ago what had happened to the case and he told me that the Red Bull heir had paid restitution to the family, apologised for this actions, paid for the cremation, and has done what is possible in that sense. You can't bring anyone back to life. The attorney also assured me that the suspect would be serving time, but cases take time to be dealt with. It looks like that point has come, and I believe that he will serve time. Come on, he is not a serial killer, and does not need a death or life sentance. If the family has been taken care of to their satisfaction, and the courts can look at everything that we do not see, why should we, who are not involved in any way, complain about the judgement? The court system was developed by people that knew these cases should not be dealt with by the emotional public that really has no interest in the case other than "Hang'em High".

• Like 1

The question is, can anyone recall any wealthy Thai ever going to prison for any reasonable amount of time after committing a crime such as this? I think the answer would then form the logical basis for the outcome of this melodrama. From scrawny, geeky looking princeling to PM, it simply doesn't happen here. Prisons are for the poor. Police officer's, prosecutor's and judges bank accounts are for the rich.

I think you are being unfair on the legal system. Kamnan Poh, has served 10 minutes hard labour prior to being struck down with a debilitating illness :-)

If you'll recall, I did state "reasonable amount of time". Ten minutes of playing kneel and bob is hardly "hard" labor when it is questionable whether he liked it or not.

• Like 1

This guy is a very easy target to point at as the scum of the world, maybe too easy. I asked a well known Thai attorney 6 weeks ago what had happened to the case and he told me that the Red Bull heir had paid restitution to the family, apologised for this actions, paid for the cremation, and has done what is possible in that sense. You can't bring anyone back to life. The attorney also assured me that the suspect would be serving time, but cases take time to be dealt with. It looks like that point has come, and I believe that he will serve time. Come on, he is not a serial killer, and does not need a death or life sentance. If the family has been taken care of to their satisfaction, and the courts can look at everything that we do not see, why should we, who are not involved in any way, complain about the judgement? The court system was developed by people that knew these cases should not be dealt with by the emotional public that really has no interest in the case other than "Hang'em High".

HOw many years sentence would seem appropriate considering all the details posted on this forum and in the newspapers? LOL

I have a different view.

I have kids. I am not involved in this case but it worries me that coked up drunks can drive their Ferarris around town, kill people and not be punished.

There is no deterrent from other rich kids doing the same thing.

A parent wants their children to grow up in a safe place where people act responsibly. Not in the Wild West where some rich kid with a gun/car can put an end to them without any consequences.

• Like 2

Now where is the Sarcasm font again?

I wonder what you would say if it was a close family member?

Would you be happy to accept a few dollars, enough to tide you over for less than 5 years?

Hang em high enough for everyone to take notice and change their future behaviour.

As the post above says, no deterrent if no consequences.

• Like 1

Dont get your knickers in a knot ! This little prick will be driving a Red Bull car in the Thailand F1 celebrity race and probably be allowed to win. clap2.gif

He'll probably have the pole position at Newin's first race.

Has any other son of a "Hi So" family ever killed a policeman and got away with it.

If you know the answer to that, then you know the answer to Boss's story.

Edited by oldsailor35
  • Like 2

I always thought that the picture with the blue cap , similar to the one in the OP, was an outdated picture from many years ago.

From this thread it seems clear that this is in fact a recent picture.

That 27 year old man looks to me like a child with mental disabilities who should never be allowed to drive anything else but a three wheeler...........with pedals of course.

AND there sir lies the defense !

He hasn't had the charges dropped yet?? I am surprised this is still going on. Sadly, nothing will happen but a slap on the wrist because his family has a large check book. Such a shame. Let me guess he has a bipolar disorder that pushes him to drink so its not his fault he killed a cop while behind the wheel??

The cop should not have been in front of him ! There will that do ?

What's the bet he is found to have some sort of mental or developmental condition as well....

...such as Bi Polar, OCD, ADD, Aspergers, Autistic, Manic Depressive, Epileptic, Schizophrenic, Tourette's or is mildly retarded.

He's not a member of TVF is he? biggrin.png

Nahhh ! cos he obviously knows how to drive cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

So "High on drugs" was'nt a certain member of the government calling for the immediate death sentence for persons involved in drugs. Has he been charged with any drug offence ?

Well it's kinda like down in Singapore where drug possession is a sure death by hanging. It's not so much what you do but who you are. An MP's son there got caught with drugs and walked.

I am sure that no one is going to agree with me, but if it was one of my family that he had done this to.

I would make sure that there would be enough money in the 'pay out' to eventually make sure that he is driving a wheel chair for the rest of his life.

• Like 1

I am sure that no one is going to agree with me, but if it was one of my family that he had done this to.

I would make sure that there would be enough money in the 'pay out' to eventually make sure that he is driving a wheel chair for the rest of his life.

There's one in agreement, me. I would see to the same thing.

HOw many years sentence would seem appropriate considering all the details posted on this forum and in the newspapers? LOL

Sorry, as I mentioned, this is for the courts to decide, not mine. They are the professionals that that have all of the info, not just the media info, and will make an accurate judgement possible. If you think that everyone in this country is corrupt, then we are both wasting our time in responding to this post. I am not saying you are, just my thoughts. Not all calls are going to be in agreement with all of your, or my, thoughts. That does not mean someone has been paid off.

• Like 1

Would you be happy to accept a few dollars, enough to tide you over for less than 5 years?

Hang em high enough for everyone to take notice and change their future behaviour.

This is why we use impartial jurors to try a case, and not family members. Why do you get so emotional in how this case should be decided? Instantaneous decisions? Why have a court. You can just mail in the verdict.

• Like 1

This is why we use impartial jurors to try a case, and not family members. Why do you get so emotional in how this case should be decided? Instantaneous decisions? Why have a court. You can just mail in the verdict.

Oh dear! - you really have no idea.

Jury trials in Thailand - nope.