Difference In Fuel Consumation In Bikes

I rent scooter and I pay like 100 bth ever 3 or 4 days to fill it up. so that is like 3000 bht per month.

If I buy ninja 250, how much more fuel will it take

and also honda cbr 500r, how much does that baby consume?

if the scooter drinks 3000 bht, then the ninja would consume at least 6000 - 7000 bht per month

and if I speculate based on the engline size, the cbr 500 would consume 10000 bht per day?

Is that correct?

Thanks

• Like 1

The fuel is used to move you and the bike. The engine size has an influence but not that great. If you ride at less than say 50 mph then aerodynamic drag doesn't come into it. So the only difference is the weight of the bike.

The problem comes with not riding the 250/500 at the same speed or with the same rate of acceleration. if you ride the same the consumption will be more but not that much more.

Jeffrey will tell you he does all the fuel recording stuff.

Edited by VocalNeal

if you put 100 baht in every 3-4 days, wouldnt that be closer to 1000 baht per month?

Depends on how hard you push the Ninja 250, i rented one a few times and when pushed hard uphill it will guzzle it up.

Edited by KRS1

You are riding quite a lot.

The fuel injected scooters don't use much fuel, my PCX goes over 40km/l (City) my old carb. Fino only about 30-35km/l under same conditions.

CC & power cost fuel off-course so if that's an issue for you a fuel injected scooter is maybe a good choice for you unless you ride on the highways where power can safe you life in certain situations.

The fuel is used to move you and the bike. The engine size has an influence but not that great. If you ride at less than say 50 mph then aerodynamic drag doesn't come into it. So the only difference is the weight of the bike.

The problem comes with not riding the 250/500 at the same speed or with the same rate of acceleration. if you ride the same the consumption will be more but not that much more.

Jeffrey will tell you he does all the fuel recording stuff.

Sorry if I'm a little bit off topic here, I believe that 91 red is being discontinued, I have been using 91 green in my new Fino, now I find out that the price for 91 red has dropped from 46+ per ltr to 38+, that is cheaper than I pay for 91 green. Is 91 red being discontinued completely and is being sold cheaper until it runs out?

Whilst I had the PCX in for some mods I rode the Fino which we have as a spare. It eats this new gasahol sh1t! Everyday I had to put 120 baht of Yellow 95 in it. It doesn't run properly on Green 91, a little better on Yellow 95. When I ran it on benzene it never gave any trouble, and I could go further on 120 baht even though Red 91 cost more than Yellow 95!

I use 95 gasohol in both bikes.

I ride a Honda Phantom 200cc single cylinder and single carb and get around 25 km/l.

I also ride a Honda CB400 cc with 4 cylinders and 4 carbs and get around 11 to 12 km/l ridden the same way.

The 2 bikes weight is similar, my size and weight is the same but even if I rode the CB 400 down to the top speed of the Phantom the CB would give me perhaps 13 or 14 km/l and the Phantom around 19 km/l.

The phantom is a plodder but will plod on forever like a carthorse compared to the racehorse of the CB.

The CB is fun and a little scary for a 68 year old while the Phantom is like an old friend.

So I guess that 500 will consume triple of what scooter consumes and ninja will consume double, am I right?

no you are not.

it depends on the technology of the bike. a new tech 500 can consume less fuel than a 3 years old 250cc.

My 500 drinks only 15 - 20 percent more that my 250. it is never double but kawa ninjas burn more.

for example, auto transmission scooters burn more fuel than manual clutch bikes most of the time. so some rented scooters on islands were consuming more petrol than my 250 cbr.

Also, if you give lots of stress to the small bikes like two up or lots of baggage uphill, you might consume more petrol than a 250 cc too with the same weight.

so what is the conculusion?

if you ride the cbr 500 normally, it consumes same ammount of benzin as a scooter? I can hardly believe that.

No but if you rode a new 500 at the same speed and using the same acceleration as a new scooter...?