Hitler Fashion Statements Confuse, Offend Tourists In Thailand

webfact

Hypocritical how farlang people get so offended. But it is OK for them to burn other people holy books and so on. That is free speech of course.

Please let us in on the so on. Harden up Princess.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares what Hitler did.

The families of six million Jews that were murdered care.

as do the millions slaughtered by Western greed and I am from the West.......some of us are equal but some of us are more equal than others....I think everyone on here knows how sad it was but we are talking about a dummy here men......No one means any harm by it......it is called parody

And albeit I understand the Jews fear of the past but they they not been doing a good job themselves of being virtuous.......it is the world we live in....a very mixed up and conflicted place full of hypocracy on all sides

Interesting ideas you have. So because Jews are not perfect, and were never perfect, like all human beings are not perfect and never perfect, somehow that's a justification to defending Hitler's mass genocide of the Jews?

Get over it? No.

This Sayonarax is just baiting you.

• Like 1

as do the millions slaughtered by Western greed and I am from the West.......some of us are equal but some of us are more equal than others....I think everyone on here knows how sad it was but we are talking about a dummy here men......No one means any harm by it......it is called parody

And albeit I understand the Jews fear of the past but they they not been doing a good job themselves of being virtuous.......it is the world we live in....a very mixed up and conflicted place full of hypocracy on all sides

Interesting ideas you have. So because Jews are not perfect, and were never perfect, like all human beings are not perfect and never perfect, somehow that's a justification to defending Hitler's mass genocide of the Jews?

Get over it? No.

sorry I do not understand where you are going....I certainly justify no killings by anyone...pacifist actually ... and where dos this perfect bit come from......I do not think anyone justifies any such act of brutal vile murder.....I certainly do not.......come on bring it onnn...love it........Currently I have more contempt for the banking industry and Insurance companies but that is just my pet hate as they are such xxxxxxxx.....I was not even born when Hitler was around and it is a long time ago.....But in history I also learnt about my own countries astrocities too ...so I kind of think who has the right to judge.....can a thief judge another thief with clarity and true impartiality....does a murderer have the right to pass judgement on another murderer and do people who have benefitted from a country and its people then draw judgement on the bits they do not like........yes its okay to have an opinion...but hey it is a dummy.......no big deal.....

Edited by getoverit69

Get over it? No.

How are those illegal Israeli settlements progressing?

I can't imagine them doing the same with Pol Pot (better not to give them ideas).

I doubt that the majority of Thais would be able to tell you who Pol Pot was.

or Aussies, Yanks, Poms,,,,,,,

thumbsup.gif

What do you expect from a country full of over 60 million people who don't know that a world exists beyond their borders and who generally despise non-Thais? Nothing new here for those of us who live here. Let the 2 week tourists be surprised. coffee1.gif

Despise? I think you need to smile more often.

While there are many things that annoy me about Thais, much of what is posted on this thread, to say they despise foreigners is really way off base. Really? Why are they always so nice to me? I engage with Thais everyday, and they are always friendly to me and never try to rip me off. And often I feel like they treat me better than their own kind.

My post was a generalization, but let me get back to this thread with perfectly accurate statistics when I'm done collecting data on every single person's experience.

Cheers

I can't wait to see the Ministry of Culture's response to this.

What - I hear you say - there won't be one?

Ah... Thai culture. Now I get it.

Now if the prostitutes were making money off wearing SS Uniforms,

so that certain expats could be 'Very, very BAD with them.'

Madam Culture Minister would be apoplectic, about the SEX,

not the Nazi iconography.

• Like 1

Sorry to disappoint you. I am a citizen of the world.

Can you please, place a screen shot of your Passport into a posting of yours?

I would like to see one of these, "New?" Passports.

They let you travel with such a document, really? To Thailand also? rolleyes.gif

Please, not this thread again.

Thais don't get it. They think they have the right to offend everyone in Thailand, and that no one can offended them

99.999% of the time they really do not have a clue they are offending anyone, or perhaps more appropriate to simply say 99.9999% they simply do not have a clue.

Thai don't even know what it is they are wearing can hardly blame the kids if they haven't been educated about the world outside. My niece was wearing a shirt/shorts that appeared to be made with the Union Jack and when I explained to her what it was she was very suprised. She thought it was just a trendy design. When I suggested that she make some clothing out of the Thai flag she was quite disgusted, saying you can't do that as it is disrepectful to Thailand.

Making clothing from the Union Flag (it is only a Jack when flown on a ship) is part of British cultural imagery too. Think of the figures through time who've been depicted with a waistcoat in the design of the flag.

This is hardly the same thing as iconising Hitler.

You have to laugh at the irony: Thais thinking Hitler fashion is "cute"; Russians flocking here in ever increasing numbers, (the Russians have some history with Adolph) Japanese tourists flocking to photograph the Death Railway at Kanchanaburi...

Beam me up Scotty smile.png

• Like 1

Punks in UK in 70s wore Nazi paraphernalia, largely to shock, but this indicates they also had some knowledge of the history involved.

The British are credited with "inventing" concentration camps during the wars in South Africa, however Fascism is from the romans (a bundle of rods and axes denoting the power of the consuls).

Thailand aligned to Germany in WW2 and a lot of the ruling elite right through to present time have connections with Nazi sympathisers. So keeping quiet about Hitler in schools cann at least partly be attributed to saving the faces of the "powers-that-be".

Many nazis from Germany, Italy, Greece, East Europe went to USA before & after the war. So American is closer to nazism than Thailand. Blood is thicker then water don't you think?

No. Thais on Nazi side during the war and Americans on the other side.

More accurately SOME scientists working for the Nazi's were brought from Germany to USA to keep their knowledge on the American side, and not let them be grabbed up by Soviet Russia. Which was a valid fear, these were NOT guys you wanted working under Stalin's thumb. But America has also hunted down and prosecuted concentration camp operating, or war crimes perpetrating Nazi's within it's borders for decades.

• Like 1

What do you expect from a country full of over 60 million people who don't know that a world exists beyond their borders and who generally despise non-Thais? Nothing new here for those of us who live here. Let the 2 week tourists be surprised. coffee1.gif

Even if they did know they wouldn't care. Thais are the first to say "This is Thailand". In other words, suck it up, we don't care.

You must live in some weird part of Thailand if you think Thai's despise all non Thai's. I have been here for 3 tears now and have many Thai friends who come to our home and regularly have us in theirs. The people they don't like are uppity smart <deleted> who look down on them as inferiours.Or those come here just to play in the sex scene. Or those who live here because they can't afford to live in their own country. Or those who have no idea of the culture they live in and show it by not respecting Thai traditions. Are any of these traits pertaining to you?

• Like 1

http://www.11points.com/News-Politics/11_Companies_That_Surprisingly_Collaborated_With_the_Nazis

Time for some history lessons and wake up calls

Hope all your moralists have never bought anything from these guys

What was happening 70 - 80 years ago, was bad enough,

but not to learn from these circumstances and trivialize that heartless system, nowadays, just forget it-get over it, is what is bad to! blink.png

People who are not happy with what they see should stay home or never come back ! Easy ! In this country we do what we want and say what we want, it is called freedom and many countries and their stupid laws should learn from here !

Yes true, to many "stupid" laws to obey!

Many Laws -no problem with them, only not so funny to really have to obey them! wink.png

I always liked the -Wild West- stories, 150 years ago in the US.

Here is still the -Wild East- thumbsup.gif

Punks in UK in 70s wore Nazi paraphernalia, largely to shock, but this indicates they also had some knowledge of the history involved.

The British are credited with "inventing" concentration camps during the wars in South Africa, however Fascism is from the romans (a bundle of rods and axes denoting the power of the consuls).

Thailand aligned to Germany in WW2 and a lot of the ruling elite right through to present time have connections with Nazi sympathisers. So keeping quiet about Hitler in schools cann at least partly be attributed to saving the faces of the "powers-that-be".

Many nazis from Germany, Italy, Greece, East Europe went to USA before & after the war. So American is closer to nazism than Thailand. Blood is thicker then water don't you think?

No. Thais on Nazi side Swastikas during the war and Americans Stars and Stripes on the other side.

you talk like simple simon

About the same as one would expect from a country of 315m supposedly enlightend westerners who don't understand the world beyond their borders. We call them Americans, but unfortunately, unlike the relatively harmless Thais, their empire is all pervasive. As was the Brit empire that Cameron still hankers after, and the French one that Hollande adheres to in Mali... Fortunately, to be offended by Thais, you just have to come here. The western powers, on the other hand, offend plenty worldwide without giving a hoot...

• Like 1

Be happy and glad that you and your family, your ancestors had not been affected.

If they would have been affected, you would have been probably never have been fathered.

Nobody here, who posts your comments and lives your life! rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Oh, the hitler thread again. Whoopee. All we need now is a thread full of raging farang complaining about being called farang and our day will be complete.

Yesterday a couple of Thai kids laughed as I went past them and when I asked them why they laughed they replied because you are farang that looks like Hitler. House is on the market, car on the market and I'm leaving and going back to UK.

Couple Kids laughed at you oh noooeeees! You need thicker skin ::2 cents:;

No. Thais on Nazi side Swastikas during the war and Americans Stars and Stripes on the other side.

you talk like simple simon

A factually correct simple Simon. BTW, perhaps he has had to keep it simple so some may understand it. Edited by Fozfromoz

Oh, the hitler thread again. Whoopee. All we need now is a thread full of raging farang complaining about being called farang and our day will be complete.

Yesterday a couple of Thai kids laughed as I went past them and when I asked them why they laughed they replied because you are farang that looks like Hitler. House is on the market, car on the market and I'm leaving and going back to UK.

A Thai calling a westerner a farang is as polite as a westerner calling a Thai a gook. Why are Thai people exempt from common courtesy?

• Like 2

A Thai calling a westerner a farang is as polite as a westerner calling a Thai a gook. Why are Thai people exempt from common courtesy?

I don't think this is the obligatory once a month Farang thread is it?

It's "faLang" not "faRang" you need to bLush up on you Thai EngRish cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by MaiThaiMai