Ferang Posters

dave2

They are encouraging local citizens to work together and be good hosts to tourists during the high travel season. They encourage being helpful, looking out for bikers, moto drivers, and so on. Two of them were too far away to read, but you get the idea. And of course the sponsoring housing development has their info and starting prices at the bottom of every poster.

The very top part is Chiang Mai is ready (to enter/be part of) the AEC.

Be good to tourists, beware of tourists when driving etc etc.

The bit at the bottom is an ad for Malada? Homes and Resort (starting at 1.98 million etc etc)

LOL...the third one says drive carefully and watch out for tourist, then shows a tourist riding a motorcycle.

The strange thing is the posters are showing 'caucasian' tourists - anyone who drives around the city nowadays trying not to run over the cycling tourists from the very large counrty to the north is a challenge..

The first line in the first photo reads "IT'S TOURIST SEASON"

Why do I have an image in my mind of a Thai man dressed like Elmer Fudd tip to-ing around the moat with a shot gun.

"Shhhhh.......be vewy quwiet. I'm hunting fawang. Hahahaha."

• Like 1

The first line in the first photo reads "IT'S TOURIST SEASON"

Why do I have an image in my mind of a Thai man dressed like Elmer Fudd tip to-ing around the moat with a shot gun.

"Shhhhh.......be vewy quwiet. I'm hunting fawang. Hahahaha."

They aren't tip-towing around; they are driving Fortuners, silver vans and pickup trucks, and aiming right at us with the intention of doing serious harm.

thanks for 99 % of replies and ill try not to do strange titles any more but at least i now know its be nice to tourists week

mesmith wins the prize for the comment .. open season

coz the tuk tuk driver that tried to shave my bum with his tuk tuk yesterday while i was crossing a road obviously hasnt read or seen the signs

radar51 .. everyone knows that elmer fudd was after wabbits not fearangs

enjoy ... dave2 : )

post-42592-0-93220500-1362977376_thumb.j