What Little Paradise Are You Working On ?

Ah, hows it going Jake,, good to hear you,,, Petrology,, worked over in their Spool base in Vigra in Norway a bit, pulling pipe, or should I say pulling plastic pipe liners there,, now still pulling pipe here in Nigeria,, done a few longer stints this year, only 2 weeks home and back for a 7 odd week shift,, then all going to plan with the wife's visa, will be in Sunny Scotland for a 3 week holiday in mid july to see my folks

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now then mate,

glad to here all is well with you,

when you get to scotland give me a bus, could maybe meet for a beer or 2,

nigeria double shift,, bummer,,lol, i was off shore so wasnt to bad, but getting from the airport to the hotel what a bloody scary thing that was, blacked out mini bus with car in front and behind with 4 coppers with big guns, then a scout car in front of them,,,,

anyway take care and keep in touch,

jake

Work all over the Norwegian sector. At the moment Im on Kvitebjörn (whitebear) a statoil rig on the North Sea. Only work on the Norwegian sector due to the favorable rotations (14/28). Gives me more time at home in Thailand.

• Like 2

Hey guys... Im a qualified fitter and machinist. But teaching at the moment in thailand. Could any one of you recommend me to a oil and gas company thats looking for artisans. Pleaaaaase im dying to work in my trade again. Please drop me a sms on 0855737482 this is my thai number. Sms me a contact number or email address if you guys dont mind.

Work all over the Norwegian sector. At the moment Im on Kvitebjörn (whitebear) a statoil rig on the North Sea. Only work on the Norwegian sector due to the favorable rotations (14/28). Gives me more time at home in Thailand.

Norwegian hitches rock! The benchmark for the rest of the world

• Like 1

Norwegian work and time regulations are a farce,I've worked alongside many people Norwegians who simply don't have any go in them,completely lazy and full of pompous drivel about how they shouldn't and can't do things because they don't do it like that in Norway,well you ain't in Norway now ole cock your in Rotterdam now crack on and get the job done please.

Yes Norwegians are notoriously lazy. Why do you think there are so many Swedes on the Norwegian rigs?

Somebody has to keep their oil industry running tongue.png

Norwegian work and time regulations are a farce,I've worked alongside many people Norwegians who simply don't have any go in them,completely lazy and full of pompous drivel about how they shouldn't and can't do things because they don't do it like that in Norway,well you ain't in Norway now ole cock your in Rotterdam now crack on and get the job done please.

You should see us Aussies. We put the Noggies to shame. We just have to catch up to their leave system first. We are getting close though. 1.15 to 1 ratio. Some contracts are 1.4.

Heard similar things from the North Sea tigers and a few gulf of mexico rednecks in various part of the world is and my stock response is to say

"obviously geography wasnt your strongest subject in school....as the the last time I looked we aint in the North sea, or GOM"

• Like 1

You should see us Aussies. We put the Noggies to shame. We just have to catch up to their leave system first. We are getting close though. 1.15 to 1 ratio. Some contracts are 1.4.

What's going on in industry in Kangeroo land is going to f*kc up the whole industry ..bit like what the unions did in the UK

I know you Aussies have the term Whining poms, but based on some of the Aussie O&G guys I have come across over the last 5 years or so plying their trade around SEA, one could suggest Whining Aussies could be on the cards as well...LOL

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I hate working with the Dutch. Way too cowboyish and far too much work going on

The Dutch dont like being told...really P*sses them off..

Specially by all known English limeys. hit-the-fan.gif

BTW, work for BP International Projects biggrin.png currently in Azerbaijan.

Edited by merijn

Wow you're lucky, I thought it was impossible to work on Noogie sector and live in Asia. Or do you pay your flights yourself? Are you 3rd party, or you work for the drilling company?

I would have noooo problems in working 2 weeks, then fly home to BKK for 4 weeks.

Edited by starman_tom

• 1 month later...

Hmmm, evry rig move I go on as Marine Consultant seems to start of as "just a week" and end up after waiting on weather, stripped anchor winch gearboxes and any number of other delays getting home three weeks later, musn't complain though the dayrate keeps me in beer money !!!

• Like 1

Hmmm, evry rig move I go on as Marine Consultant seems to start of as "just a week" and end up after waiting on weather, stripped anchor winch gearboxes and any number of other delays getting home three weeks later, musn't complain though the dayrate keeps me in beer money !!!

I LOOOOVVVVVE dayrates.

Currently T 10 in Gulf of Thailand, previous Brazil and India drillships.

I was just there...Sept 11-18. Did you see me? I bet you did. Just think of how many people only do 1 week on a rig and move to the next rig. Not many right?

No we didn't cross paths during that time, sorry. Been on my break since the 4th of Sept.

I have seen a lot of people come and go over the years doing a week here and there, third party training people mainly. All part of the show and a new face is always welcome.