Yingluck Demands Clarity In Bt2Tn Bill

webfact

PM demands clarity in Bt2tn bill
Nakarin Srilert
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday met with agencies involved in the development of the Bt2.2-trillion Infrastructure Development Bill, asking them to make sure the details of the projects are clear.

She stressed that such complete clarity will be crucial if the bill is to be passed by Parliament, said PM's Office Minister Varathep Ratanakorn.

Chula Sukmanop, director-general of the Office of Transport and Traffic Policy and Planning, said that a revised draft bill would give authority to the Finance Ministry to borrow Bt2 trillion to invest in the country’s transport infrastructure.

The details of all major infrastructure projects under this programme have already been put in the draft, especially those requiring Environment Impact Assessments. Any project that has yet to pass an EIA, but is considered a major investment project, will be identified in the draft bill as requiring investment. These will include the railway system and dual-tracking, the four high-speed-rail routes, and 10 mass-transit routes in Greater Bangkok.

"We will hold another meeting on the issue on Friday to come to a final conclusion before submitting the draft to the Cabinet on March 19," he said.

In a related matter, the Office of Transport and Traffic Policy and Planning is working out the specifications of the high-speed-rail system. A call for proposals will be conducted first to enable it to evaluate accurately the required investment for all routes.

It is believed that countries with high-speed-rail technology such as Japan, China, and South Korea will propose construction and maintenance prices. The Thai government will invest in the rolling stock and will open tenders for private companies to operate the service.

The Marine Department yesterday disclosed that it had seven projects worth Bt30 billion that would come under the infrastructure investment scheme, which is to be carried out through 2020.

These include marine stations in Angthong province and on the Pasak River, a dam to raise the water level for navigation on the Chao Phraya River, ports in Samut Sakhon and Chumphon province, a second port in Songkhla, and a deepwater port at Pak Bara, Satun, the department’s director-general Sornsak Sansombat said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-03-12

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday met with agencies involved in the development of the Bt2.2-trillion Infrastructure Development Bill, asking them to make sure the details of the projects are clear.

Ok job done! clap2.gif

Surapong where do I go next? You know I like to travel ,uuh, don't get involved with Thai politics...

• Like 1

The Marine Department yesterday disclosed that it had seven projects worth Bt30 billion that would come under the infrastructure investment scheme, which is to be carried out through 2020.

These include marine stations in Angthong province and on the Pasak River, a dam to raise the water level for navigation on the Chao Phraya River,

Does k. Plodprasop now about this dam ?

Is clarity, the decision on which politician will get what % of the money? In the past it has been rumored that 30-40% of all government project money went into the pockets of politicians. With this money they could build an extra room on the house to keep the money. That was there daughter could have a nice wedding. Now I want everyone to understand, this is not corruption, it is only the way we do business whistling.gifcheesy.gif .

No prizes for guessing the motivation of this 2 trillion baht splurge was jealousy over the burgled ex transport minister with about 900 million baht at his home stashed in plastic bags and shopping carts. A position on the transport ministry(or govt at large these days) is akin to winning the lottery.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday met with agencies involved in the development of the Bt2.2-trillion Infrastructure Development Bill, asking them to make sure the details of the projects are clear.

Ok job done! clap2.gif

Surapong where do I go next? You know I like to travel ,uuh, don't get involved with Thai politics...

Surapong: I realize it's not great for shopping, but you're going to Laos this week, but hey, with Vientiane's Patuxai Arch, it's almost like being in Paris.

http://www.asianewsnet.net/Trust-must-be-basis-of-regional-cooperation-plan-43871.html

Edited by Buchholz

makes you wonder if they will show the 30% bribe needed for it to be passed by the govt, will be very interesting to see how they word it,maybe it will be listed as a "30% approval tax"cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

More sound bites and no substance..............

post-46292-0-45586500-1363063344_thumb.j,Just write a shopping list in crayon with lots of pictures

post-46292-0-02343700-1363063281_thumb.j Translation: "She stressed that such complete clarity will be crucial if the bill is to be passed by Parliament, said PM's Office Minister Varathep Ratanakorn."

Ok job done! clap2.gif

Surapong: I realize it's not great for shopping, but you're going to Laos this week, but hey, with Vientiane's Patuxai Arch, it's almost like being in Paris.

http://www.asianewsnet.net/Trust-must-be-basis-of-regional-cooperation-plan-43871.html

That arch will remind her of home........The Pillars of Hopewell, assorted police properties etc.... never actually finished due to an unacountable lack of funds.

God, i hate doing this huh.png

but as superficial as it may be

at least she is saying the right things.

Programs as big as this need scrutiny

Esp in a country where corruption has been a problem before.

This just maybe a plow to make sure she knows where the "grease" is going.

But atleast on the surface, she is saying what needs to be said.

Hopefully she is doing what needs to be done.

but then again, I am an optimist crazy.gif

God, i hate doing this huh.png

but as superficial as it may be

at least she is saying the right things.

Programs as big as this need scrutiny

Esp in a country where corruption has been a problem before.

This just maybe a plow to make sure she knows where the "grease" is going.

But atleast on the surface, she is saying what needs to be said.

Hopefully she is doing what needs to be done.

but then again, I am an optimist crazy.gif

She is just parroting what Thirachai Phuvanatnaranubala, the ex finance minister said yesterday, or her spokes person is.

BANGKOK: -- Thirachai Phuvanatnaranubala, the first finance minister of the Yingluck Shinawatra administration, yesterday warned against the government's move to seek a Bt2-trillion "off-budget" loan for its mega-infrastructure plan.

"The investments are nothing of an emergency nature. There is no reason to bypass the normal budget process," Thirachai said via Facebook.

The main approval route as prescribed by the Constitution was good and subject to the oversight of both the National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB) and the Budget Bureau, he said.

post-46292-0-82342100-1363070219_thumb.j

Perhaps a very minute amount of this money should be spent on a storm drainage system for Pattaya that actually works, ie a continuous fall to ensure self cleansing plus catch basins placed in locations that will be the most effective in draining the adjacent area. An extremely simple task, yet so far never accomplished, despite billions having been spent. Optimism lives !

It's all very simple. Just make every single piece of paper, every contract and every account involved open to the public. The bidding requirements and process should be open too. This is how it is done in the worlds least corrupt countries, such as the scandinavian countries, and obviously it works. Of course doing this makes it alot harder for PTP officials to skim 30-40%.

well, if they would not throw away all that money on rice scam, car stupid idea tax rebate, etc... they hardly would have to lend anything from anyone

but hey 2.200 billion baht... 30% graft on that will buy much land, villa's, mercs and mia nois for all involved (toy & tom boys for the other oriented people)

I was wondering how come our PM suddenly 'demanded', but by now the 'skype story' has brought light to the issue :-)

"Thaksin also touched on the current controversial issue of the government seeking to raise Bt2.2 trillion for infrastructure development. He told the government to clearly point out to the public that they would benefit from the country's infrastructure development, for which the government needs loans. He asked them to point out the benefits of mass-transit systems linking neighbouring countries like China and having high-speed trains linking such remote Northeastern provinces as Nong Khai."
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/625420-skype-address-shows-thaksin-orders-pheu-thai-follows/

I was wondering how come our PM suddenly 'demanded', but by now the 'skype story' has brought light to the issue :-)

"Thaksin also touched on the current controversial issue of the government seeking to raise Bt2.2 trillion for infrastructure development. He told the government to clearly point out to the public that they would benefit from the country's infrastructure development, for which the government needs loans. He asked them to point out the benefits of mass-transit systems linking neighbouring countries like China and having high-speed trains linking such remote Northeastern provinces as Nong Khai."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/625420-skype-address-shows-thaksin-orders-pheu-thai-follows/

Delayed, puppet/clone type reaction, possibly?

Edited by dcutman

I think the graft percentage has increased beyond 30%. More like 30% actually spent on anything fruitful that happens in this country. In the West it is probably similar but at least that money is spread around and goes to people employed (and taxed) in the various Civil Service jobs and jobs invented to pretend the employment figures are OK. Inventing spurious jobs is a past-time over there! Here it is a past time for politicians to keep as much as possible and spend the day pondering where to keep their stash. Maybe the influx of Russians will be able to get work permits for laundry services for national politicians?

Thailand - an investment haven!!

Ok job done! clap2.gif

And now word of further travels for the On The Road Prime Minister that logs more miles than Jack Kerouac.

Next week, she's also off to New Zealand. Her and some thirty business types are off in search of more foreign investment. The solicitation is scheduled for five days.

She's also there to receive her second Western university degree.

To go along with her Masters degree from Kentucky State University, she's adding an honorary degree from Auckland University of Technology.

For her part, she'll be asking the NZ folks to waive visas for Thais wishing to go there.

From there, she's then off to Papua-New Guinea.

She's due to return to Thailand at some point in April.

Edited by Buchholz

The details of all major infrastructure projects under this programme have already been put in the draft, especially those requiring Environment Impact Assessments. Any project that has yet to pass an EIA, but is considered a major investment project, will be identified in the draft bill as requiring investment. These will include the railway system and dual-tracking, the four high-speed-rail routes, and 10 mass-transit routes in Greater Bangkok.

In a related matter, the Office of Transport and Traffic Policy and Planning is working out the specifications of the high-speed-rail system. A call for proposals will be conducted first to enable it to evaluate accurately the required investment for all routes.

We don't know what we are going to do yet but the bill will be 2.2 trillion. I thought Gordon Brown was an idiot but he makes this lot seem almost capable.