Lot Of Construction Going On In And Around Nong Khai...asean?

rct99q

Have noticed a huge increase in construction going on in and around Nong Khai in the past year or so. The connector road between highway 2 (going north to Nong Khai) and the friendship bridge is being widened (4 lanes). Houses, condos, resorts, restaurants and other projects going up quick.

Sitting on 5 rai of land at the moment, some of the neighbors are being offered some good cash for their land. A single rai went for about 200,000 4 years ago and now they are getting upwards of 500,000 to 600,000 if it has road, water and electric. Rumor has it could fetch upwards of 1,000,000 baht come nearer to 2015-2016 when all this supposed traffic will be flooding through Nong Khai.

Just wondering how land prices are in other parts of Isaan. I live between Tha Bo and Nong Khai so would hate to think what land prices are closer to a main city. Any idea what the ASEAN influence will be in 2-3 years. Not selling, I like my land, but curious as to what extremes people outside of Isaan will go to in trying to cash in on the "boom" some people think is coming.

I would guess it is just transportation development. I'm not sure how the AEC or ASEAN would cause a development boom in that specific area, but I wouldn't mind hearing other peoples' opinions.

UDON THANI, Feb 22 2012 – The Cabinet on Wednesday endorsed the construction of a double track railway for the Bangkok–Nong Khai route to be completed in 2019 ahead of the earlier schedule in 2025, said Deputy Government Spokesman Anusorn Iamsa-ard.

Edited by IsaanUSA

1/3 rai for 600k located on a street leaving Kut Chap, 25 km west of Udon.

People are crazy about "placing a business" there but not seeing that 500 m down the road there are 8 shops ready built of which only 3 are in use.

Don't know what comes but I doubt that far from the main connecting roads anyone will have a benefit...

Bye,

Derk

• 3 weeks later...

On the other end of Issan, ASEAN is driving land prices threw the roof. Here in Kao Choeng on highway 214 that comes out of Cambodia land has shoot up to 1 million per rai for highway frontage and 500k per rai for a building lot off the highway.

Edited by khwaibah