Cm Immigration = 8Am For Service

NotEinstein

How things have changed!

I sauntered in to Immigration at 10:30 today and asked for a re-entry permit, only to be told "Queue closed - come back tomorrow 8am!" I was expecting "come back after lunch" at worst.

So, if you are not already aware, it seems for anything other than a 90 report, it is an early start, and potentially, an all day visit.....

Could I have tried at the airport? I'm flying out next week.

Bangkok has two airports, but at both there is a renetry desk and it will be open when your flight is due.

Don Muang is open 24 hours a day. The desk is with the overstay desk, so after you pass passport controll.

At Suv. the desk is before you go through passport control, (ask where) and open from 06:00 till 24:00. They take your photo themselves and the fee is somewhat higher.

Takes about 10 minutes to get it, as said you nead to check in with the airline first.

A friend of mine had the same experience as the OP doing an extension on Monday. Returned before 7:30 the next day and and his que number didn't come up until 2. I was there a couple of weeks ago and did my normal grab a que number at 11:00, go to lunch and come back at 1 and I was out by 2:30.

I was there today approx 3.00 to do 90 day reporting,it was crowded ,just as I was driving into car park,

someone was leaving,so I was very lucky there, ticket machine not working, so had to get ticket from the

desk in the middle.

Had all my paperwork ready, got ticket 642 , ticket number up on board was I think 628, two people on

the desk, but they seemed to be doing visas at the same time,not just 90 day reports, at one point they

both left the desk for a walk around,then you panic a bit, hoping they are going to come back .

With the amount of money that comes in daily in visas,fines,etc,they would use some of the profit to build

a better place,and with more parking,maybe one day when the Govt.,sells some of that rice.

regards Worgeordie

A friend of mine had the same experience as the OP doing an extension on Monday. Returned before 7:30 the next day and and his que number didn't come up until 2. I was there a couple of weeks ago and did my normal grab a que number at 11:00, go to lunch and come back at 1 and I was out by 2:30.

Was yours an extension or a 90 day?

I didn't ask but I am sure you could get it done by a agent for 1,000 baht. I was talking to one the other day about getting my new passport and changing the visa stamp over. It is not the time so much but I am not good at paper work and they have it to a science. In fact he said there was a good chance he could do a renewal with out me having to come in.

I was there today approx 3.00 to do 90 day reporting,it was crowded ,just as I was driving into car park,

someone was leaving,so I was very lucky there, ticket machine not working, so had to get ticket from the

desk in the middle.

Had all my paperwork ready, got ticket 642 , ticket number up on board was I think 628, two people on

the desk, but they seemed to be doing visas at the same time,not just 90 day reports, at one point they

both left the desk for a walk around,then you panic a bit, hoping they are going to come back .

With the amount of money that comes in daily in visas,fines,etc,they would use some of the profit to build

a better place,and with more parking,maybe one day when the Govt.,sells some of that rice.

regards Worgeordie

Not to belabor the point but are you complaining about they system or do you have some information to pass on.

I was in two weeks ago at 1:00 got in line at the center desk got a number there was 14 ahead of me and only one officer on duty. My time from the moment I walked in to the moment I left was 33 minutes.

Yes you are right they bring in a lot of money and there is no reason they could not build another building and properly staff it. The big hang up is it has to be Bangkok approved. That in it's self is not enough. In the city life article the director said that Chiang Mai had the approval for 14 more staff. The fly in the ointment was that Bangkok had to do the hiring. Not happening. Can not understand it we are in Yingluck's and Thaksin's back yard.

On the snide side they probably are looking for people to buy rice and can not be bothered with Chiang Mai.sorry.gif

OK, so went back this morning at 8am and joined the queue.

We were told to take a "sticker" and wait to be called, then to be allocated a queue number for the relevant desk.

By "sticker" they mean a queue card, that is just inside the door on the left.

I ended up with initial number 098, which transcribed to 043 for desk 1, as I wanted a re-entry permit. Numbers 055 and above for desk 1 were told to come back after 1pm. I was seen at 11am, and then waited another 30 mins. for my passport.

So if you want anything from desk 1, and need to finish before lunch, you will have to invest 4 hours of waiting.

Some people were there before 5:30am...........