Baht To Pound Sterling

I've been searching online and through this and other forums, and can't find an answer anywhere... Maybe some of you will have some advice.

I live and work in Thailand, and am going for a holiday back to the UK, is it best to change baht to sterling here, or take a wad of baht back to the UK and change there... There is a whole host of information about the transfer the other way (ie. buying baht), but no-one has anything to say about buying sterling....

Any ideas?

I think better off exchanging here in Thailand, the exchange rate would be worse in the UK.

Definitely, the Baht means nothing in UK, change as late as you can the pound is going down the drain, 43 now if the banks have it they need to get rid of it. .

better option, if you know trustworthy people in the UK (which you can see directly after arrival) to make a bank transfer to their account and they will cash you out. Bank transfer rates are definitely better than paper rates.

• Like 1

put your teeth back in there is worse to come for the UK and the pound

i disagree, the Pound will rally soon, Give it a few months, Things are on the move at the moment.

69 Baht for 1 Pound not later than Christmas! what year? how would i know huh.png

43.72 on GBP transferred today from UK. I cannot remember it ever being worse!sad.png

I was in Super Rich, Silom Road near Chongnonsi BTS yesterday 14th March. About 1.30 pm.

GBP buying 44.40 (50 pound notes) selling 44.80

44.30 (20 - 10 pound notes)

Convert cash, do not pay for greedy bankers..

Mai mee krai roo anakot

No one knows the future

Long-term I believe two things have the greatest influence over the relative value of two currencies.

The balance of trade concept, not necessarily between A and B directly, but also the two nation's general patterns vis-a-vis the outside world.

And the relative fiscal responsibility exercised by the countries' central bankers, from the point of view of a traditional fiscal conservative that believes even national debts should and will eventually be actually paid off.

Perhaps at some point these factors will start to improve in the US, UK and Eurozone, but that certainly hasn't been the trend this past decade. . .

the one thing that is certain is that not one of you posting on here knows ,the "hexperts" didnt have a clue in 2008 and the "hexperts" dont know now ,what will be will be.

The options for changing money are fairly well known;

this thread is about where to change money between two specific currencies, not for speculation on the future of currencies and economies, nor a competition to see who can be most unpleasant about bankers or fellow posters or our mutual ignorance

SC

One thing for sure, you cant change it or influence it and if you have to move money every month all you can do is suck it up and hope.

And follow threads such as this to find the cheapest way of moving it...

i disagree, the Pound will rally soon, Give it a few months, Things are on the move at the moment.

Things are on the move downwards. With a rock bottom pound you would expect manufacturers to be flooding to the UK to set up business. I am afraid David Cameron has completely lost the plot now.

• Like 1

Things are on the move downwards. With a rock bottom pound you would expect manufacturers to be flooding to the UK to set up business. I am afraid David Cameron has completely lost the plot now.

Can you boys not shove your speculation where it belongs?

This thread is for useful and constructive advice.

Last time I had to transfer money, I thought I'd try Western Union. My experience in Dubai had been that they were the best and most convenient, but in fact most of the time I used other services that the agent offered, rather than the actual Western Union service. Anyway, where I am now, they were more expensive, and less convenient, than the bank. I've not compared the exchange rates though...

And not specifically relevant to transferring money to the UK...

I've been told, though I;ve never done the checks to verify it, that your credit card gives you a good rate of exchange, so you could try the local fashion and run up a fortune on the never-never while you're over there.

SC

Can you boys not shove your speculation where it belongs?

This thread is for useful and constructive advice.

Last time I had to transfer money, I thought I'd try Western Union. My experience in Dubai had been that they were the best and most convenient, but in fact most of the time I used other services that the agent offered, rather than the actual Western Union service. Anyway, where I am now, they were more expensive, and less convenient, than the bank. I've not compared the exchange rates though...

And not specifically relevant to transferring money to the UK...

I've been told, though I;ve never done the checks to verify it, that your credit card gives you a good rate of exchange, so you could try the local fashion and run up a fortune on the never-never while you're over there.

SC

Not sure about UK side with a thai card; but in Thai my uk card is worse by almost a full 2bht per pound.

Western union are high fees; basically only for people with cash who don't want to send it through the banking system for whey ever reason or don't have an account at the location they are sending it to.

Just a TT with money changed inside Thailand would be most cost effective if a reasonable amount.