Chic Toilets Promote A New Look At Suvarnabhumi Airport

webfact

Chic toilets promote a new look at Suvarnabhumi Airport

sb.jpg

BANGKOK, 14 March 2013 (NNT)-Suvarnabhumi Airport has joined hands with Siam Cement Public Company Limited (SCG) in their attempt to spruce up toilets inside the passenger terminal and make a long lasting impression on airport users.

According to Suvarnabhumi Airport Director Wilaiwan Nadwilai, the assurance of toilet hygiene and their availability around the terminal building has always been among the priorities of the airport.

To raise the image of service at Suvarnabhumi, SCG, which is a construction company, has designed an energy efficient model for toilets at the airport. Four architectural themes have been applied in the construction of toilets. They follow the company’s concept of ‘7 Wonders of Thailand’ which has been incorporated into the interior design of the toilets.

Two designs on ‘River of Life’ and ‘Street Life’, have been completed. The rest are under way including Festival, Move Around, Happy Moment, Flower Market and Sea Sight. Interactive technology has been used in the creation, which gives toilet users different feelings when they enter the rooms to take care of personal businesses.

Toilets for persons with disabilities and for parents looking for a place to change diapers for their babies have also been improved to provide easy access to users. 6 of them are available on the departure level while just one is added to the arrival floor. 117 more toilets will undergo transformation at Suvarnabhumi Airport, all of which will be completed by 2016.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-03-14 footer_n.gif

According to Suvarnabhumi Airport Director Wilaiwan Nadwilai, the assurance of toilet hygiene and their availability around the terminal building has always been among the priorities of the airport.

He should be considered a sposkman for the Pardon Thasin Party after making a statement like this.

• Like 1

Just makes you want to fly, doesn't it?smile.png

Now I know why the tourist number records are being broken every year, it is the quality of the crap.thumbsup.gif

Edited by chooka
  • Like 2

Two designs on River of Life and Street Life, have been completed. The rest are under way including Festival, Move Around, Happy Moment, Flower Market and Sea Sight.

They actually branded toilets like this? Any specifics? I guess it's better than than the Sukhumvit drain, the happy ending and the Pattaya puker.

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 2

"117 more toilets will undergo transformation at Suvarnabhumi Airport, all of which will be completed by 2016".

117 toilets, where do they hide these things? took us an hour to find one and then it was to late for our 5 yr old.

I think there ispossibly a total of 2 toilets in the whole complex.

• Like 1

The lack of toilets in that airport is ridiculous! Hundreds of people depart a plane and the first bathroom they see has 4 stalls and 6 urinals. I hear the women's side of thing are worse. Istead of making them chic, make them bigger! The ones at old Don Muang were a lot better!

Edited by Jimi007

This reminds me of when I was a little boy and the neighbors built their outhouse over a creek. They told everyone at church that they had a toilet with running water so that the whole community was impressed.

Edited by WEBLEDINK

I understand that the lavatories (in it's second meaning, aka washrooms) will be modernized which will include replacing the lavatories (in its first meaning aka WCs or toilets) will be part of it wink.png

This reminds me of when I was a little boy and the neighbors built their outhouse over a creek. They told everyone at church that they had a toilet with running water so that the whole community was impressed.

Must have been a while ago I think. I imagine that nowadays even in the States you'd require a sh_tload of permits before you're even allowed to think of building over a creek smile.png

When was that, 1845?

This project has been many months in the planning and the following are the final designes approved by management.

Laughed my ass off!!

Me too. This is in the top five pic post of the year so far.

"117 more toilets will undergo transformation at Suvarnabhumi Airport, all of which will be completed by 2016."

Er, hang on a mo... 2016 minus 2013 = 3, times 52 = 156.

156 weeks divide by 117 equals about 1.3.

So they can "transform" one toilet only every 9 days?

Not exactly a priority project, is it?