Connection Flight For Visa On Arrival Needed Or Not ?

Hello!

Is it nesarsary in Thailand to show a connection flight for visa on arrival !

My fam visit me, already have backlight ticket 2 month later but within the first month we leave Thailand and come back!by air!

Does this make any problem, when the days of a return ticket are more . Then the allowed stay of one month or not?

Visa on arrival is 15 days for a very limited number of countries without easy access to visa facilities - as you mention 30 days believe your are asking about visa exempt entry and Thailand normally does not check but airlines may require an onward ticket within those 30 days or not allow boarding - especially true on long haul flights. Better to have tourist visas to start if any question - or arrive early enough to buy a ticket at airport if required by airline.

I agree with Lop. I have this experience leaving Canada. The airline can require you to have a return ticket within 30 days or you can also buy a cheap onward ticket to a neighbouring country like Loa, Cambodia etc.

A flight out is required, not a return ticket. if I understand you correct, you have a flight out of Thailand within 30 days of arrival so that should be good. The second part of your stay could be a problem, if that is longer than 30 days, but that also depends on from where you will be returning. If you fly bank to Thailand from a neighboring country, the ticket requirement is normally not checked. But would be an immigration problem.

No problem with a 1 year multiple entry though, right? Can fly out one-way without a return, correct? I've done it before, I'm sure, and been getting 1 year multi O's for years, but it was quite a while ago I got one in the UK to fly out to stay in Thailand and I've forgotten if it was any hassle lol.

No problem with a 1 year multiple entry though, right? Can fly out one-way without a return, correct? I've done it before, I'm sure, and been getting 1 year multi O's for years, but it was quite a while ago I got one in the UK to fly out to stay in Thailand and I've forgotten if it was any hassle lol.

With a visa there is no problem.

The requirement is having a visa OR having a ticket out of Thailand within 30 days.

With a visa there is no problem.

The requirement is having a visa OR having a ticket out of Thailand within 30 days.

Thanks. Bit out of the loop and want to know the state of play a few months ahead of coming back.

I call the airline , aswer was, sorry we not give any visa information , you must contact your embassy!

Airlines are indeed unlikely to give out information about the various types of visas or suggest which type of visa a traveller should get, but the person you spoke to should have been able to look up and tell you whether a visa is required based on the travel itinerary. You can look that information up yourself on this website and you will find confirmation of what has already been posted here: without a confirmed flight out of Thailand within 30 days from arrival, a visa is required.

The airlines may be afraid that they will be fined and made to fly you back because you don't have a return (or connection flight) ticket. I don't think that immigration cares much. A worse case would be you having to buy a cheap ticket to Phnom Pen or somewhere at the airport of departure or arrival.

A flight out is required, not a return ticket. if I understand you correct, you have a flight out of Thailand within 30 days of arrival so that should be good. The second part of your stay could be a problem, if that is longer than 30 days, but that also depends on from where you will be returning. If you fly bank to Thailand from a neighboring country, the ticket requirement is normally not checked. But would be an immigration problem.

Mario,

A return ticket IS a flight out as well.

The point is it does not have to be a return ticket - just an onward ticket to a place that will allow you entry. Many people believe it has to be a return ticket and even airlines sometimes tell people that, totally in error.

• Like 1