People Listening In To Your Conversation

britgent

I have noticed this a lot since coming Thailand.

People sat near you ear wigging. Not intrusive but a bit rude.

Can't say I'm really that interesting but I do notice it here more from tourists than anywhere else.

The annoying bit is the people then discussing your conversation between themselves.

I go somewhere there aren't any people when taking or making a phone call. I'm not so rude that I'll have a phone conversation in areas that other people are talking. If I have to answer a call when in mixed company surroundings then I tell them I'll phone back if we need to talk more than a minute.

• Like 1

Paraphrasing:

I've noticed it, but I'm not interested in it, but it annoys me.

If you want to have a private conversation move somewhere private.

Can't say I've honestly ever observed the phenomenon here which prompted the OP to post?

Maybe what is truly rude is when people say that can not listen you (no understand your language) ... but understand it very well ... then gossip about you behind your back and form an opinion which may ... or may not be true ... or accurate.

Seems like OP has a few issues with tourists! whistling.gif In your other thread, you are complaining about the same tourists are pretending to be more knowledgeable about Thailand than you. Ofcourse they listen to your conversations, trying to learn a few tricks from an old hand expat! thumbsup.gif (well 12 monhts at least)

could just be voices in your head that your hearing

I think anyone who believes the voices in his head are listening to his conversation is a bit full of himself as well as being a bit of a loonie

A journey ...

**In the darkness, he cried.  Voices.  Voices.  Voices.  He heard voices.  He heard his uncle's voice.  Due to the shape of the gallery and the conducting power of the rocks, his uncle's voice was uncannily  traveling around the walls.  And by means of their chronometers, they discovered they were four miles apart.  So Axel set about the task of rejoining the Professor and their guide.**

Often, when I'm at a coffee shop for a quite hour of reading, I inadvertently overhear other people's conversations. It doesn't bother me though. The trick is to have a book that's more interesting than the ambient noise.

T

I remember going to a bar once and the barmaid asked me did I want a drink.

I had just been thinking about asking for one as well! That really freaked me out and I gave up drinking soon after that.

Intrusion of the thought process is even worse than ear-wigging conversations, IMHO....................rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

I had just been thinking about asking for one as well! That really freaked me out and I gave up drinking soon after that.

Intrusion of the thought process is even worse than ear-wigging conversations, IMHO....................rolleyes.gif

Suffering the Thai induced illusion of 'you think too mutt' ?

I was on a bus coming back from Ko Chang and the bus was fairly empty and was full of Thais bar an English couple a few rows down from me who mustn't have spotted me....

About an hour in to the trip they began to have a right to-do.

Then she stood up and snarled at him 'well that's the last time I let you #### me up the #### and you can keep your #### to yourself tonight......and then she seen my white, grinning English face at the back of the bus....

Priceless....

These 'priceless' moments could also be in the thread ... master-card-moments

Just saying like ... biggrin.png

Suffering the Thai induced illusion of 'you think too mutt' ?

Perhaps, but also I think the barmaid was a bloke, you know, one of those tookeys or whatever you call them..................rolleyes.gif

Doctor said I should be OK as long as my meds were up to date............wink.png

(<deleted> am I going on about.....................tongue.png )

Yes I am posting a few topics today and yes I enjoy a moan.

TV needs some new topics and why not provoke some discussion.

Saying that one topic is locked already. Sorry!

Guess I am just boring but always enjoy a chat here.

Time to get a life, but I don't hold out much hope for you.

Now off you pop to get your noodles.