Prime Minister Yingluck Asks For A Chance To Run Thailand Until Her Four-Year Term Expires

webfact

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I rather expect that the rooms in the officers mess are being prepared as we speak. You know, ready for the meeting after the Prime Minister has been removed from office. No doubt after the usual 'persuasion' (ultimatum) Mr Abhisit will reluctantly agree to form a government......

Gee, you don't know much about how the system of government here, do you.

Are you suggesting that if the Prime Minister has broken the law by not correctly declaring her assets, she ought not be removed from office?

After all, that happened 12 years ago, and look what a mess it has created for Thailand subsequently.

Edited by jackspratt
  • Like 1

The prime minister said she has submitted all relevant facts and

information to the NACC and confirmed that the information was correct.

Apparently she is not feeling to confident, in fact rather nervous, with all the correct information she submitted.

That was my immediate thoughts also.. hmmm.. maybe a little worried.. damn husband getting me into this mess. coffee1.gif

Shouldn't this grovelling be directed at her brother?

Well its not to the Thai electrate, they didnt vote for her...............

post-46292-0-13254400-1363792172_thumb.j Please Mr NAAC man, and Bro, I have more shopping to do.

post-46292-0-12587900-1363792607_thumb.j You You you, What a bout me? Wheres my Amnesty?

post-46292-0-54015700-1363792529_thumb.j What about my passport?

• Like 2

Silly me, I'm sure I recall that she won the general election!

Edited by JAG

Silly me, I'm sure I recall that she won the general election!

Sorry silly me, I will type this slowly, Yingluck has a party list seat, given to her by the PTP party, she was elected PM by the cabinet members. Not one Thai voter voted for her except the cabinet members. Yingluck is not even a PTP executive members. Its interesting to note that Thaksin is not even a member of the PTP yet he runs it. Amazing Thailand run by a criminal for the corrupt.

Edited by waza

Yingluck was presented prior to the general election as PTs candidate for the post. I would suggest that anyone who voted PT in that election did so in the knowledge that if the party they favoured ended up forming a government then she would be the Prime Minister. You may not like her or her politics or her party, you may believe that she is the puppet of her brother, but you cannot say that she did not win the election. Nor, I suggest, can you claim that she did not win a mandate.

She was elected in accordance with the rules of the Thai electoral system, just as so many on this forum have argued, was her predecessor!

• Like 1

“Don’t you want me to work anymore? Please give me a chance. People have given me the chance for over a year. I want to work until the end of my tenure to prove the government’s performance.

or more likely:-

“Don’t you want me to work anymore? Please give me a chance. People have given me the chance for over a year. I want to work until the end of my tenure to prove the government’s profitability for my family. You can't get rid of me now, I have paved the way for a 2 trillion baht trough and I need to feed from it. Thailand's Treasury still has so much to offer me".

'Better the Devil you know'.....a phrase that stands true for almost everyone except Thai politics. Kick this one out get the new Devil in.

PM Yingluck, The Real PM™, is 'nong' (youngest) in her family and, as such, has never been held accountable and has been shielded and protected her whole live. Even now she is shielded and protected by her cabinet and the Red Shirt mob. Now that it looks like she may be held accountabe for the first time in her life, she begins, like a child, pleading for 'fairness' which is code for 'special'. She has always, as nong, been special. This has to be very hard for her. She has already sold her soul on behalf of her brother and now this, this disgrace? What more must she suffer for the family?

Yed she has certainly enjoyed the admiration, for the first time her life has meaning, she is on center stage and the leading lady. But the fear that will all be lost is causing her grief. According to Kübler-Ross model, there are"five stages of grief".

1. Denial

2. Anger

3. Bargaining

4. Depression

5. Acceptance

This article clearly demonstrates Yingluck is in stage 3, bargaining.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has asked for a chance to run Thailand until her four-year term expires.

I wonder whether more correctly this should not read "Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has asked for a chance to let Thaksin Shinawatra run Thailand until her four-year term expires", in view of the information in the topic Skype Address Shows Thaksin Orders, Pheu Thai Follows.

• Like 1

You know full well that there have been factions pushing for a coup since YS day 1. What do you think Pitak Siam was? No point shooting the messanger.

and your point is? Is there any connection to the topic?

Hopefully they will treat her fairly and demonstrate that everyone is equal under the law, i.e. ding her, if she is guilty of making a false declaration, and exonerate her, if she didn't. If she made a false declaration and gets dinged, she only has herself to blame.

Yingluk's destiny is to be a footnote on Wikipedia highlighting her complete failure as a puppet PM for Thailand who brought the country to it's knees because of an ill conceived rice pledging scheme and Government borrowing beyond it's means or requirments.

Dance puppet, dance.

I have 2 points to make here.

One crime she is guilty of is becoming more popular than her older brother.

The second crime is that she already has a case hanging over her head for asset concealment and perjury at her older brother's trial so she should have known better.

• Like 1

Yingluck was presented prior to the general election as PTs candidate for the post. I would suggest that anyone who voted PT in that election did so in the knowledge that if the party they favoured ended up forming a government then she would be the Prime Minister. You may not like her or her politics or her party, you may believe that she is the puppet of her brother, but you cannot say that she did not win the election. Nor, I suggest, can you claim that she did not win a mandate.

She was elected in accordance with the rules of the Thai electoral system, just as so many on this forum have argued, was her predecessor!

In the same way as voting for free money