East Pattaya Water Supply Problem?

simple1

Today we have do not have any town water supply, some Thais have advised this has been happening for nearly a week. Water unavailable for 3/5 hours a day. Does anyone know what's going on?

This happens every year after high season, although it sounds more widespread this year. I pay 200 bt to get my tank filled with well water from down the street

About to do the same myself. Stupidly decided to top up my fishpond yesterday without checking the city supply first. Bone dry last night and despite assurances from the water company that the supply would be back by 9pm.........then 11pm and now.....in 1 or 2 hours, I don't think I'll hold my breath!

thank goodness we live to the north of Pattaya ,never have any problems.

Where exactly? I am in Naklua and have friends dotted all over Wong amat, all have similar issues of Mains being cut off for many hours in a day. But it's of little consequence because there is always enough in the tanks.

thank goodness we live to the north of Pattaya ,never have any problems.

Where exactly? I am in Naklua and have friends dotted all over Wong amat, all have similar issues of Mains being cut off for many hours in a day. But it's of little consequence because there is always enough in the tanks.

We live up near the FLY NOW outlet mall off sukhumvit ,very very rarely have water or lecy shortages and if we do its only for a very short time

I now have the solution for my (wife's) house. The water well to supplement town water supply had not been correctly connected to the water tank. Have installed a submersible water pump in the well and connected via a pipe to the water tank, total cost 3,500 baht - tested & all good

• 9 months later...

I now have the solution for my (wife's) house. The water well to supplement town water supply had not been correctly connected to the water tank. Have installed a submersible water pump in the well and connected via a pipe to the water tank, total cost 3,500 baht - tested & all good

I have been told that wells are illegal in areas covered by city water.

By whom were you told this ?

The OP's worried about not having water for 3 to 5 hours a day - you should worry about not having water for 3 to 5 months and see how that feels. facepalm.gif

This fiasco is still ongoing, a water truck driver's dream come true:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/682961-no-water-thepprasit-soi-8/?p=7215585

Edited by Guderian

A source in the water companies offices.

Well I have a friend that owns a Thai apartment building in Hui Yai who has his own well and uses "city" water as a back up. I also wonder if the Cartoon Network's water park is going to have to use city water or will they use their own "illegal " well, since city water is available there

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I can't remember whether I read this here, or in a Hua Hin forum when I was living in Hua Hin, but I recall reading that if you had a well, you still needed to pay the municipal water supply even though you were not using their service. Not quite the same as being illegal, but maybe something got lost in translation?

I can't remember whether I read this here, or in a Hua Hin forum when I was living in Hua Hin, but I recall reading that if you had a well, you still needed to pay the municipal water supply even though you were not using their service. Not quite the same as being illegal, but maybe something got lost in translation?

Can't comment about Hua Hin but if wells were legal in Pattaya more people would have them especially the larger hotels/condos rather than, expensively, trucking water in. Please remember water shortage in Pattaya is not new. Cut-offs have been going on regularly for the last 28 years I've lived here. There are literally dozens if not hundreds of water trucks buzzing around all year delivering water.

The Mayor, city councilors, town planners and the water company should all be ashamed of themselves for not tackling this problem long ago. Building of more houses, more condos keeps going on yet nothing is done to ensure there will be water for the residents when they move in.

Edited by Keesters

Can't comment about Hua Hin but if wells were legal in Pattaya more people would have them especially the larger hotels/condos rather than, expensively, trucking water in. Please remember water shortage in Pattaya is not new. Cut-offs have been going on regularly for the last 28 years I've lived here. There are literally dozens if not hundreds of water trucks buzzing around all year delivering water.

The Mayor, city councilors, town planners and the water company should all be ashamed of themselves for not tackling this problem long ago. Building of more houses, more condos keeps going on yet nothing is done to ensure there will be water for the residents when they move in.

Please tell me which hotels in Pattaya truck in their water ?

I would also like to know what makes you think that there is such a thing as town planners in this country

I would also like to know what makes you think that there is such a thing as town planners in this country

I have personally seen them at woodlands resort and Fairtex sports resort. Do you ever see the BIG water trucks trundling around central Pattaya...must be 5-10k litres? Those are for hotels, condos, and moobaan tanks ad they're much too big for residential or small business tanks.

I suggest you open your eyes and you'll see plenty of big water trucks visiting hotels/condos/apartment buildings.

Also visit city hall and you'll find the department.

You should get out more.

Edited by Keesters

• 5 months later...

I tried to get city water to my house ( they have already installed the mains supply in the village) but their office insist in company papers under three months old? Don't understand this, have city electric etc without a problem, I just think the office do not want to deal with foreigners.

I am in Soi Siam CC, they are fixing the supply pipes again like they do 2-3 days a week.

The typical Thai repair job, 1/2 a job done 1/2 well.

It should be on later today providing the water carrier man doesn't give them an inducement to not connect it........lol

Does make you wonder where all the water will come from, there are some massive condo projects going on at the moment, these are like small towns in their own right.

This is the Caribbean, on the road to Jomtien, very close by the huge Axis has just opened

post-6099-0-63521400-1405326257_thumb.jp