Thailand's Tourist Police Embark On A Major Campaign To Improve Services For Tourists

webfact

Thailand's Tourist Police embark on a major campaign to improve services for tourists

tp1.jpg

BANGKOK: -- As the tourist market to Thailand continues to grow, Thailand Tourist Police have undertaken an initiative to improve their services and ensure 24 hour assistance.

“Tourism to Thailand is steadily increasing,” said Tourist Police Pol.Maj.Gen Roy Inkapairoj, Commander of the Tourist Police Division. The government’s policy is to promote and enhance the tourism, generating revenues from tourism to 2 trillion Baht.

The ASEAN community AEC will further increase tourism arrivals. To ensure the safety of the tourists, the Tourist Buddy Application will provide a new method for the tourists to get assistance, anytime. He says the Tourist Police realise the importance of providing care, help and comfort for tourists along with a prompt response to any situation that may require assistance.

"In the region, Thailand is famous for great service, hospitality and beautiful scenery," explained the creator of Tourist Buddy, Pol.Maj.Gen Roy Inkapairoj.

"By introducing Tourist Buddy, we hope that the Tourist Police can deliver a high level of service and safety for tourists who come to visit Thailand, but somehow end up in difficulty."

Using some of the world’s most innovative technology, the Tourist Police are undertaking to upgrade security and facilities for tourists in order to create a better image and a better standard of service.

A key element of this is the new Tourist Buddy Application for tourists. Visitors can free download the application in their own smartphones devices to enable access to assistance from the Tourist Police 24 hours a day. This program can specify the exact location of the requested place for assistance, thus allowing the Tourist Police to intervene promptly.

Tourist Buddy Virtual Assistant, with its unique technique utilises the latest modern technology which will pronounce Greeting words, informing varieties of assistances and advice using "Hologram Projection", reflecting the modern image of efficiency of service by Thai Tourist Police to tourists.

The application launch has been timed to meet the needs of tourists during Thailand’s famous Songkran Festival or “Water Festival“. “Tourist numbers will increase sharply during this event,” said Pol.Maj.Gen. Roy Inkapairoj,” and we realise the need to provide efficient services in all aspects to tourists”.

In order to further educate tourists, the Tourist Police are organising an exhibition to introduce the technology to the public. The “Tourist Buddy Virtual Assistant & i-Exhibition” will open on the 3rd April and continue until April 16th, 2013.

The exhibition will also includes trial and download points for the Tourist Buddy Application and features a dedicated Songkran Festival board to coincide with nation-wide festivities.

There will be a press conference on Wednesday 3rd April 2013 at Sub-Division 6 Tourist Police Division, 2nd floor Suvarnabhumi Airport at 10.00 am.

-- Tourist Police 2013-03-25

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To facilitate this growth in service of help and safety the number of litter patrol teams will be increased and Tourist-Buddy will secretly activate the smart-phone camera to ensure speedy capture of these reckless tourism damaging foreigners [at 2,000 THB a pop].

Further increases will be made in the mysterious [to uncomprehending foreigners] motorbike twosomes who cruise looking for heinous crime barons mascarading as innocent tourists up and down Sukhumvit. Unfortunately the budget consumed by Tourist Buddy has rendered it impracticable for the motorcycle teams to have access to foreign language courses so traditional ever evocative Thai sign language will be used.

In other news Tourist Police are happy to announce their new technically advanced dirigible called Porky.

biggrin.png

To Serve - {yes it's a cook book]

Edited by A_Traveller
  • Like 1

"By introducing Tourist Buddy, we hope that the Tourist Police can deliver a high level of service and safety for tourists who come to visit Thailand, but somehow end up in difficulty."

so much done just for the tourists. lets see about what the board moans this time.

As in a non smoker discarding make believe cigarette but?

• Like 1

so much done just for the tourists. lets see about what the board moans this time.

Well given the track record of the police fleecing tourists ( think cigarette butt scam, jet ski, etc etc etc....), this news story is about like the foxes telling the hens they are reformed, they will no longer eat the hens, and in fact are going to start helping the hens with various problems... What are the hens supposed to think ????? lol...
  • Like 2

Tourist buddy ??? I wonder if the program has a special section for when the world famous jet ski scam is being run on you, you are surrounded by angry mafia guys shouting for money, and the policeman/jet ski team member is advising you he cannot help you. Time to check Tourist Buddy on your phone !!!!! Man I can hardly wait to download it. :-)

Surprisingly, yes it does, I have just downloaded the app. The info is in the 'do and don't' section, quoted below. All credit to them if you ask me!

Jet ski

- In Phuket province, Jet Ski Rental Companies are required to make insurance for their jet ski. Before renting, please make sure that the jet-ski has insurance.

- Carefully inspect the conditions of the jet ski before signing the renting contract.

- The renting contract should include the picture of the jet ski. In case of pre-existing damages or defects, mark up these defects in the picture to avoid being changed for the damages you did not incur.

- Always wear a life jacket.

- In case of accident, notify local police or tourist police immediately.

- Jet ski rider should take into account his or her own safety, including the safety of other people in the nearby area.

- While riding the jet ski, keep off the beach at least 300 meters.

- Maintain the distance of at lease 20 meters from other jet skis.

Tourist buddy ??? I wonder if the program has a special section for when the world famous jet ski scam is being run on you, you are surrounded by angry mafia guys shouting for money, and the policeman/jet ski team member is advising you he cannot help you. Time to check Tourist Buddy on your phone !!!!! Man I can hardly wait to download it. :-)

Surprisingly, yes it does, I have just downloaded the app. The info is in the 'do and don't' section, quoted below. All credit to them if you ask me!

Jet ski

- In Phuket province, Jet Ski Rental Companies are required to make insurance for their jet ski. Before renting, please make sure that the jet-ski has insurance.

- Carefully inspect the conditions of the jet ski before signing the renting contract.

- The renting contract should include the picture of the jet ski. In case of pre-existing damages or defects, mark up these defects in the picture to avoid being changed for the damages you did not incur.

- Always wear a life jacket.

- In case of accident, notify local police or tourist police immediately.

- Jet ski rider should take into account his or her own safety, including the safety of other people in the nearby area.

- While riding the jet ski, keep off the beach at least 300 meters.

- Maintain the distance of at lease 20 meters from other jet skis.

Better than nothing , but if I read the article correctly , it is saying it will provide assistance to you, not warn you ahead of time... :-)

Original post...

" To ensure the safety of the tourists, the Tourist Buddy Application will provide a new method for the tourists to get assistance, anytime. He says the Tourist Police realise the importance of providing care, help and comfort for tourists along with a prompt response to any situation that may require assistance."

Well given the track record of the police fleecing tourists ( think cigarette butt scam, jet ski, etc etc etc....), this news story is about like the foxes telling the hens they are reformed, they will no longer eat the hens, and in fact are going to start helping the hens with various problems... What are the hens supposed to think ????? lol...
that is the tourist police, not the police.

i had to pay once 2000 baht in the litter scam at jj market. to the police. otherwise no problem with them. no reason to get over the top obsessed.

A month ago I noticed a banner in soi cowboy here in Bangkok. Don't remember all of it, but it had something like "under protection of Thonglor Police". I must admit with more police walking around than I could remember from previous visits I started to feel real safe. I would almost say that that was the first time since first visiting SC in 1997, imagine thumbsup.gifsmile.pngwhistling.gif

Edited by rubl

The jokes just keep rolling! I'm pretty sure they're famous for beautiful scenery, extortion, and lagging behind in social, technological, and humanitarian development.

Wasn't there an article about a week ago saying divers are starting to go to Myanmar more now evaluate the natural beauty is preserved. Now the numbers are growing?!?!?'

In defense of Thailand I would like to point out to you that Myanmar is doing nothing to preserver the beauty. The big difference is they didn't allow the skin divers in. Now they are starting to cater to them. Give them time and they will have the reefs in the same condition as Thailand.

Any sort of real police work would make us feel safer. Like not allowing 9 year olds to drive motorcycles on Samui. Or seizing vehicles after someone causes am accident while drinkimg. Or how about politicians getting arrested for stealing billions of baht? How about people with cash actually serving time in jail for manslaughter? In other words any show of law and order?

• Like 2

Your faith in the TP is simply amazing.

TP via translator AKA wife. " We want you do volunteer, Friday and Saturday nights."

Me "My visa says no work."

TP etc. No problem this not work we no pay.' (Actually wrong.)

Me "I'm from Yorkshire. goodbye."

My experience with them is that they are pathetic, useless losers that don't know enough to find out if a business has CCTV so that documentation of a crime would be found. They did more to inhibit prosecution and let the criminal escape justice, then find the facts and prosecute accordingly. In my book, they are a joke.

• Like 1

Ah preserve the beauty. Don't know if it was tourist or regular police that supervised the removal of 95% of the (free) benches along Jomtien beach road and the big circles. And the brutal hacking of trees that provided shade. I asked them why, and the reason was "crime surpression". I would bet my mother's knickers it was pressure from the umbrella cartel. The trees were hacked so that the video cameras, which are not connected, could have a better non view it was also explained to me.

Maybe there is some hidden wisdom there. Less tourists means less crime against tourists.