Chinese Automobile Giant To Invest 9Bn Baht In Thailand

webfact

Once Chinese car plants are up-and-running, unit sales within Thailand should be easy for the company..never mind the build-quality... just introduce a more attractive finance deal than the Japanese & the Thais will buy..simple.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was wondering what their 9Bn will actually buy them here?

They will need land to put any plant on and I would think that wont come cheap.

Also will they be planning to sell all they manufacture (assemble) in this country or to export some to neighbouring countries?

There is also the question of an overseas company having to own less than 50% of any company in Thailand, or doesn't this apply?

If the Chinese are so keen to invest Chinese produced cars, they gotta wipe the entire existing Japanese car firms like Honda or Toyota first... Are they gonna do it???

Btw China and Japan also had a bad history relation,... Just a hint...

Are they going to build a manufacturing plant in a flood plain? If not, they've got to go above mid-Thailand to find ground high enough to not get flooded within the next 20 years.

Are they going to build a manufacturing plant in a flood plain? If not, they've got to go above mid-Thailand to find ground high enough to not get flooded within the next 20 years.

If that happens we'll have the "Chinese-1st car SCAM", because Chinese cars will be cheaper than Japanese cars,... and by doing that they have carefully and in face saving matters gotten rid of the Japanese car producers out of Thailand, killing two birds in one .... giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

I would use the term 'Automobiles' loosely.

Probably some of the worst cars in history were excreted from China.

This is the best they can do....COPY...badly I may add.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

some western car manufactures would love to have at least a litte of the economic grow rates Chinese car manufacturers enjoy. but they haven't they are in a crisis or the the Chinese bought them already.

guess whose laugh will last longer?

Chinese are not lazy to work... look Europe i can live the same life in Thailand on 20,000 bath rent and gf included

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

some western car manufactures would love to have at least a litte of the economic grow rates Chinese car manufacturers enjoy. but they haven't they are in a crisis or the the Chinese bought them already.

Chinese are not lazy to work... look Europe i can live the same life in Thailand on 20,000 bath rent and gf included

The Chinese work day on the Mainland is 09:00 to noon. At noon the Chinese take their lunch time until 14:30. They finish work at 17:00. That's the contemporary PRChinese work ethic. I think even Thais spend more time in the office or factory than that.

The Chinese work day on the Mainland is 09:00 to noon. At noon the Chinese take their lunch time until 14:30. They finish work at 17:00. That's the contemporary PRChinese work ethic. I think even Thais spend more time in the office or factory than that.

If you change the afternoon hours to 2 pm on and 3:30 off, that's called 'banker's hours' where I come from.

They quickly gained market share in Australia, sold approx 30,000 vehicles in two years, twice as fast as when Hyundai entered the market. Cheap to buy with a savvy distributor and dealership network with allegedly good warranty support. Downside is currently low resell value.

That's 2% of the market.. Hyundai snatched up 9.5% and also came to the market in 1986, when gas prices were so cheap and no one wanted some little 4 banger box.

I know this is about cars but also about China, as a Kid in the 50's my Grand Parents visited us in the UK, of course as a kid the best part was the presents, Colouring book and pencils in a presentation pack with a picture of Toronto on the box....... and on the back .Made in China.

Present day I have one Dreambox bought over 6 years ago, box says product of China, has never gone wrong use most days in the bedroom, got another a year later but cost 3 x more and nothing but problems cannot find where it was made..

As said before friend has a Chery Tiggo, great car never a problem, quick look still think it a Mk2 Toyota Rav4, yet at 800 something thousand baht, is a great deal.

Most Dreamboxs are copys..

Does anyone find it odd that China, once the cheapest place on the planet to setup manufacturing facilities is now investing in a neighboring country to build a auto manufacturing plant? Truly odd IMO.

Mercantilism?

Imagine, buying these Chinese Crap Cars in Thailand, or even manufacturing them here for the Thai market, what is going to happen to the already horrific road toll! Drove back from BKK today, saw results of 6 car accident close to entrance to service area (Motorway 7) we were returning to Pattaya 7 cars were involved "Only" 3 people killed last night at this accident.Because good quality cars. Many accidents here because idiots at the last minute that they need to go to this area and cut across traffic from the right lane.

Seen many times! Signs are to close to actual turnoff, this is the case in many instances around Thailand, this also is the cause of many highway accidents.

• Like 1

Imagine, buying these Chinese Crap Cars in Thailand, or even manufacturing them here for the Thai market, what is going to happen to the already horrific road toll! Drove back from BKK today, saw results of 6 car accident close to entrance to service area (Motorway 7) we were returning to Pattaya 7 cars were involved "Only" 3 people killed last night at this accident.Because good quality cars. Many accidents here because idiots at the last minute that they need to go to this area and cut across traffic from the right lane.

Seen many times! Signs are to close to actual turnoff, this is the case in many instances around Thailand, this also is the cause of many highway accidents.

What has bad driving in Thailand got to do with Chinese cars - other than in the limited minds of xenophobes?

Edited by jackspratt

What has bad driving in Thailand got to do with Chinese cars - other than in the limited minds of xenophobes?

And what has Xenophobes got to do with it, I am talking about Thais driving poor quality cars, given the accident rate it could only increase! get with the program!

• Like 1

And what has Xenophobes got to do with it, I am talking about Thais driving poor quality cars, given the accident rate it could only increase! get with the program!

Something like a Chinese car breaking apart in the middle of the road, with the driver and all the passengers landing flat on their behindsgiggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

Here in California the Chinese dealership had bought space and were setting up a dealership in my town, but none of thier cars could pass the low speed crash test, so they didn't allow them to sell them in california, Wuling trucks is GM China company, saw an advertising video showing a new modern assemble plant

In the matter of the Mainland PRChinese contemporary work ethic, keeping what a previous poster pointed out used to be known in the U.S. as banker's hours, coffee1.gif I recall reading that having been said of the Nixon-Lodge presidential ticket in 1960 - that then veep candidate and Ike's UN Ambassador Henry Cabot Lodge was openly criticized for keeping "banker's hours" during the campaign, leaving almost all the work to Nixon.

Still, Abe Lincoln couldn't have helped Nixon for prez in 1960. Two years later Nixon lost for governor of his home state of California. My grandfather could've beat Nixon when he finally got himself elected prez in 1968, 'cept'n my granddaddy died the year before. wink.png

The Chinese on the Mainland look down their nose at those who have a Chinese made car. Little known is that a surprising number of Mainland Chinese own the General Motors Buick. And in Hong Kong, where the Rolls Royce, Benz and BMW rule, no self-respecting person would be caught dead in a Chinese made car. post-4641-1156693976.gif

Edited by Publicus