Chinese Automobile Giant To Invest 9Bn Baht In Thailand

webfact

Chinese automobile giant to invest 9bn baht in Thailand

BANGKOK, 27 March 2013 (NNT) - A major Chinese auto makers has planned to invest 9 billion baht to build a large factory in Thailand.

Great Wall Motors, China's largest producer of sport utility vehicles (SUVs), and one of the biggest producers of pick-up trucks, has said that its planned investment of about 300 million US dollars, or about 9 billion baht, will be to produce 100,000 vehicles in Thailand per year.

According to the company, the investment will be divided into two phases; each phase will add 50,000 vehicles to the company's production capacity.

The company said that Thailand, while having low wages, also has better infrastructures and better industry potentials than rival countries.

Thailand is currently the largest producer of automobiles in Southeast Asia, and is in the top ten of the world's largest producers. Most car manufacturers in the country are Japanese and South Korean, but the country has seen increasing interest by Chinese car makers, including Chery Automobile and Dong Feng Motor, a state-owned company.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-03-27 footer_n.gif

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chinese automobile giant to invest 9bn baht in Thailand

BANGKOK, 27 March 2013 (NNT) - A major Chinese auto makers has planned to invest 9 billion baht to build a large factory in Thailand.

Nuts is as nuts does...

"Hey, big brother China, we need your help. Our Thailand-situated Japanese car producers, are becoming suspicious since our first car-SCAM, we need some cheaper cars made in China, that JUST look great on the outside, but is empty within the mechanic and machinery substance, quality-satisfaction GUARANTEED doomed to failure, psssssst....

Cheap products, sold for a high price, and easily breakable in substance after a short time, leading to death in several extreme cases

China says thank you so much, little ancestor brothers and sisters for maintaing parts of our Communism dictatorship cheating corruption alive in Thailand for centuries now. wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

If you add Chinese produced cars in addition to Japanese manufactured cars, which are trillion automobiles in Thailand already,........ OH...... MY......... GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! Another trillion-kachillian automobiles produced in China on Bangkok's roads..... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Standstill 44444ever

Edited by MaxLee

The Great Wall company produces mid-size (? guess where you are from) SUV's and pick-ups.

One has to say looking at the image above for Thailand I'd take a look at Thai Rung who seem to be in the business of producing a very strange SUV compared to the Great Wall models imagery/data on the web.

In most territories they are sold just as were Japanese, then Korean vehicles as value for money [not for their dynamics or to be honest looks] and a level of dependability.

It's sad to see more "same as" type vehicles but no too surprising.

Just to add they are currently sold in Malaysia and I believe other countries in the region as well as the EU.

Edited by A_Traveller

I would use the term 'Automobiles' loosely.

Probably some of the worst cars in history were excreted from China.

This is the best they can do....COPY...badly I may add.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

some western car manufactures would love to have at least a litte of the economic grow rates Chinese car manufacturers enjoy. but they haven't they are in a crisis or the the Chinese bought them already.

guess whose laugh will last longer?

Edited by Scott
  • Like 1

I would use the term 'Automobiles' loosely.

Probably some of the worst cars in history were excreted from China.

This is the best they can do....COPY...badly I may add.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

So I bet if you use these COPIES, they fall apart and you sit flat on your butt in the open road and get run over????cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gif

Edited by Scott

that is good news. love to see that bilateral cooperation and Asian economy grow.

Perhaps. I suspect this is so they can more easily sell cheap sub-standard cars to Thailand and it's ASEAN neighbours.

needs no genius to figure that out. its of course about selling more cars and selling them more easily. thats the business is about.

"side effects" are that they are create jobs and increase living standards. its good.

• Like 1

Funnily enough I just watched an episode of Top Gear last night, it was from last year and it looks at the Chinese automobile industry....

http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/chinas-car-industry-part-1-series-18-episode-2

Really quite fascinating how good the Chinese are at building terrible cars.

Edited by therealmrbrightside

that is good news. love to see that bilateral cooperation and Asian economy grow.

Perhaps. I suspect this is so they can more easily sell cheap sub-standard cars to Thailand and it's ASEAN neighbours.

needs no genius to figure that out. its of course about selling more cars and selling them more easily. thats the business is about.

"side effects" are that they are create jobs and increase living standards. its good.

Not necessarily. Cheap cars are more likely to break down, are likely to be more dangerous, and will probably be less efficient and contribute more pollution to an already over-polluted region.

If you want to focus on increasing living standards, then a more sustainable long-term approach that focuses on quality rather than quantity and greed. And obviously I'm not just talking about Chinese cars.

• Like 1

They quickly gained market share in Australia, sold approx 30,000 vehicles in two years, twice as fast as when Hyundai entered the market. Cheap to buy with a savvy distributor and dealership network with allegedly good warranty support. Downside is currently low resell value.

• Like 1

Good news for Thailand, the current government and the Prime Minister.

It must really stick in the craw of the Yingluck haters that major ( and surprising ) foreign investment like this is happening.

The TV folks who decry this are probably the same ones who believed the minimum wage would cause all F.I. to flee and that the country would be instantly bankrupted................

Dont get your panties all twisted up just yet Phil. Its just a announcement of some future plan that could possibly happen. There have been numerous announcements from the Chinese and others, that have never happen to date

I am presently living and working in China and run in the business several Chinese made cars and people carriers plus trucks that we have run over the last 3 years,

simple report from direct experience of purchasing Chinese made and designed vehicles Not the copy ones !!! Chinese models or approved joint ventures

Servicing and warrantee spot on ,

Defects very few , niggling issues ,

Build quality okay improving by the month

Breakdowns zero Comfort .. very acceptable

Safety airbags driver and passenger / ABS / EBS

Economy okay could be better Last purchase improved economies starting to kick in .

The revisions and improvements I see over the last few years is amazing .. most reports , including Top Gear are out dated or biased for Humour

Having lived in Korea when they first started car mass product and export ( I had a Hyundai Pony and a Kia in Korea ) , the initial standards and rate of improvement of vehicles in China is at least 3 times the rate I saw in Korea .. and now look how respectable their cars are in the world .. Just give it a few more years and the Made in China negativity will be disapearing Look how Skoda managed the reputation change and China has more might and determination .. and certainly produce better vehicles than Malaysia Proton ( I also ran a Proton 21 year old car purchased to teach my young son old fashioned mechanics re grinding valves etc cost me 200 quid and ran for 2 years sold for 300 quid ..

I now have in Hong Kong elderly Landrover Freelander V6 and BMW 3 AC Schnitzer with Super Charger a Porsche eater !!!!!!.. mentioned to show the range of cars I have used to validate my comments ..

Just give it a few years and you may be considering a Chinese made car ..

• Like 2

Good news for Thailand, the current government and the Prime Minister.

It must really stick in the craw of the Yingluck haters that major ( and surprising ) foreign investment like this is happening.

The TV folks who decry this are probably the same ones who believed the minimum wage would cause all F.I. to flee and that the country would be instantly bankrupted................

One can dream

As much as many people dislike Chinese Cars on TV, i believe they will do really well in Thailand.

Cars will look good and will be much cheaper than Jap cars and it will sell.

Depending on how they will set up , it might do really well, because if they set up good network for service and parts and offer a wider choice, you will see people buying more and more.

As much as many people dislike Chinese Cars on TV, i believe they will do really well in Thailand.

Cars will look good and will be much cheaper than Jap cars and it will sell.

Depending on how they will set up , it might do really well, because if they set up good network for service and parts and offer a wider choice, you will see people buying more and more.

By the time the domestic excise tax is put on, it isn't going to be easy to make them that much cheaper.

I am presently living and working in China and run in the business several Chinese made cars and people carriers plus trucks that we have run over the last 3 years,

simple report from direct experience of purchasing Chinese made and designed vehicles Not the copy ones !!! Chinese models or approved joint ventures

Servicing and warrantee spot on ,

Defects very few , niggling issues ,

Build quality okay improving by the month

Breakdowns zero Comfort .. very acceptable

Safety airbags driver and passenger / ABS / EBS

Economy okay could be better Last purchase improved economies starting to kick in .

The revisions and improvements I see over the last few years is amazing .. most reports , including Top Gear are out dated or biased for Humour

Having lived in Korea when they first started car mass product and export ( I had a Hyundai Pony and a Kia in Korea ) , the initial standards and rate of improvement of vehicles in China is at least 3 times the rate I saw in Korea .. and now look how respectable their cars are in the world .. Just give it a few more years and the Made in China negativity will be disapearing Look how Skoda managed the reputation change and China has more might and determination .. and certainly produce better vehicles than Malaysia Proton ( I also ran a Proton 21 year old car purchased to teach my young son old fashioned mechanics re grinding valves etc cost me 200 quid and ran for 2 years sold for 300 quid ..

I now have in Hong Kong elderly Landrover Freelander V6 and BMW 3 AC Schnitzer with Super Charger a Porsche eater !!!!!!.. mentioned to show the range of cars I have used to validate my comments ..

Just give it a few years and you may be considering a Chinese made car ..

Please don't talk sense on here, the old whinging women on this site, will have nothing to gossip about outside 7/11 with there Changs

• Like 2