Jomtien Immigration Opening Hours During Songkran & The Avenue Office?

TheShockMaster

Hello,

Where can I find details on the opening hours of the Immigration office from the 12th to the 19th? I'm due to get a visa extension on the 20th of April but this falls on a weekend so I was hoping to go on the 19th. Now, obviously the 19th is absolute mayhem because of the dreaded Songkran.

I've also noticed that there is a new 'Immigration Passport division' office being opened at the Avenue Shopping centre in Pattaya. Is this the same thing as the Immigration office in Jomtien?

Thanks for any info.

It's a basic 30 day tourist visa extension from my triple entry tourist visa. Is it still possible to extend it before the actual date and have it active on the date stamped in my passport?

Yes, you can extend any day from now on until expiry. You don’t lose any days by applying early.

It's a basic 30 day tourist visa extension from my triple entry tourist visa. Is it still possible to extend it before the actual date and have it active on the date stamped in my passport?

I think the answer is yes. My retirement extension is due to expire on 15 April; I went last week and renewed, and the new one runs through 15 April 2014.

If they treat tourist visa extensions the same way, then the extension will start when the tourist visa expires, as MTH has indicated.