2013 Honda Cbr500 Are Restricted At 9K Rpm

xastunts

does anyone here knows if this is good stuff or some cheap crap? blacksteed sells this for 11k and its 1.1-1.2mm cowhide. i think brand is razor leather jn. RST CE approved knee armour.post-63766-13649255230716_thumb.jpgpost-63766-13649255365588_thumb.jpg

thanks for comments and thoughts in general.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone here knows if this is good stuff or some cheap crap? blacksteed sells this for 11k and its 1.1-1.2mm cowhide. i think brand is razor leather jn. RST CE approved knee armour.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1364925784.991124.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1364925794.998225.jpg thanks for comments and thoughts in general.

RST is a decent manufacturer at a reasonable price. the jnr range is for teenagers. just be aware for sizing. check out 320sp on mocyc as well they have some Komine mesh/leather trousers at a good price.

Edited by thaicbr

I don't give a sh1t as I wasn't going to buy one anyway. You would be a bit soft in the head buying a 500 when for a bit more you can have a Er6n.

But Kawasaki aren't Honda, hence I didn't buy one.

does anyone here knows if this is good stuff or some cheap crap? blacksteed sells this for 11k and its 1.1-1.2mm cowhide. i think brand is razor leather jn. RST CE approved knee armour.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1364925784.991124.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1364925794.998225.jpg thanks for comments and thoughts in general.

If your looking for some gear Page 123 Kawasaki ER6n Poster Norman W has an Alpine Jacket & Boots for sale(if he hasn't sold them already) They are both in great shape. Good luck on your new ride!

does anyone here knows if this is good stuff or some cheap crap? blacksteed sells this for 11k and its 1.1-1.2mm cowhide. i think brand is razor leather jn. RST CE approved knee armour.attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1364925784.991124.jpgattachicon.gif ImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1364925794.998225.jpg

Check out the similar Teknic Chicane pants- $225 shipped to Thailand off eBay, so even with the customs hit you're at around 9K- I have a pair (which makes a nice two-piece suit with my Teknic Violator jacket) and like them a lot.

post-176811-0-98813200-1364998373_thumb.

Edited by RubberSideDown

does anyone here knows if this is good stuff or some cheap crap? blacksteed sells this for 11k and its 1.1-1.2mm cowhide. i think brand is razor leather jn. RST CE approved knee armour. ImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1364925784.991124.jpg ImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1364925794.998225.jpg

Check out the similar Teknic Chicane pants- $225 shipped to Thailand off eBay, so even with the customs hit you're at around 9K- I have a pair (which makes a nice two-piece suit with my Teknic Violator jacket) and like them a lot.

post-176811-0-98813200-1364998373_thumb.

Yes this teknic chicane looks really nice designed and most importantly they look like of real strong durable build for the most important factor "the safety". I have seen a shop on the ads of mocyc that sold teknic chicane boots and gloves, but cant remember if they had jacket n pants.

What do you guys think of the puma gloves they sell at big wing? I tried one pair in a hurry but it was 1 size to big so it was really bulky.

Looks good though! and for about 3000 to 4000 thb they should compete with alpine stars and dainese.

Thanks alot for the tips! I really appreciate this alot.if I dont find any gear that satisfies my needs I just start of with my dainese jacket I bought for over 8 years ago but still looking really good in my opinion hehe.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes this teknic chicane looks really nice designed and most importantly they look like of real strong durable build for the most important factor "the safety". I have seen a shop on the ads of mocyc that sold teknic chicane boots and gloves, but cant remember if they had jacket n pants.

That would be Banana Speed Thailand

bananaspeedthailand.com

But yes they only advertise Teknic

Jacket, Gloves & boots pity as Teknic is a very nice brand

You could probably shoot them a request though & maybe?

Or just do as RSD did & order overseas

Edited by mania

That would be Banana Speed Thailandbananaspeedthailand.com

So how good is teknic compared to rst ? And is it compareble to alpine stars and dainese? Thanks!

So how good is teknic compared to rst ? And is it compareble to alpine stars and dainese? Thanks!

It has been a few years for me now but when I used Teknic I considered it as good as anything.

Both their boots & full leathers & even gloves

BTW you might email Banana speed because I know they do sell Teknic full leathers

but I do not see it on their site. So maybe pants too?

This is a recent post by them on another forum showing full leathers

http://www.er6thailand.com/board/index.php?topic=39692.30

Edited by mania

I went out for a quick run this morning on the 1992 Honda CB 400 which is red lined at 12,500 rpm.

I never got past 11,500 before I changed up and there was no limiter coming in at those rpm.

It was fun but too hot to ride far.

It was fun but too hot to ride far.

Sadly that is my main limiter these days smile.png

I can live with the smoke from burning

but the heat at a stop light with a black jacket,gloves,boots & full face helmet wears

me down quick smile.png

Edited by mania

I already mentioned my Teknic Chicane pants, but their Violator jacket (which I got for the amazing price of $279 shipped) compares very favorably to my Dainese jacket (which was more than twice the price but certainly isn't twice as good)- it also came with a back-protector (CE-level 1 Knox) which most companies require you to purchase separately.

The hump is pretty big and it's a really tight race fit- it's very well-made:

post-176811-0-57251500-1365060618_thumb.

post-176811-0-85369100-1365060635_thumb.

Edited by RubberSideDown

I already mentioned my Teknic Chicane pants, but their Violator jacket (which I got for the amazing price of $279 shipped) compares very favorably to my Dainese jacket (which was more than twice the price but certainly isn't twice as good)- it also came with a back-protector (CE-level 1 Knox) which most companies require you to purchase separately.

post-176811-0-57251500-1365060618_thumb.

post-176811-0-85369100-1365060635_thumb.

I like that jacket alot! Especially the back protector. I bet it lasts for a long back slide when in need ;)

I like that jacket alot! Especially the back protector. I bet it lasts for a long back slide when in need wink.png

You cannot see the back protector as it is inside the jacket

But if you mean the hump? That is a aerodynamic feature not a back protector.

I like that jacket alot! Especially the back protector. I bet it lasts for a long back slide when in need You cannot see the back protector as it is inside the jacketBut if you mean the hump? That is a aerodynamic feature not a back protector.
also used to hold liquids for rider to drink from tube going to his helmet

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I like that jacket alot! Especially the back protector. I bet it lasts for a long back slide when in need ;)

You cannot see the back protector as it is inside the jacketBut if you mean the hump? That is a aerodynamic feature not a back protector.
Yup (the hump is more for aerodynamics than anything else)- here's the inside where you can see the outline of the back protector in its pocket- I bought the optional chest protection as well- it's two pieces and fits into specially shaped pockets, but it blocks a lot of the perforations:

post-176811-0-46287400-1365062658_thumb.

Edited by RubberSideDown

I like that jacket alot! Especially the back protector. I bet it lasts for a long back slide when in need You cannot see the back protector as it is inside the jacketBut if you mean the hump? That is a aerodynamic feature not a back protector.

also used to hold liquids for rider to drink from tube going to his helmet

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It depends on the jacket/suit- this jacket has a solid foam hump with no room for a reservoir bladder.

• 2 weeks later...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

i have to say that i took my time to go and visit the mc shop in kaset nawamin called black steed and it was all alot of bunch of crap they got there! i wouldnt recommend nobody to drop by. all their stuff was chinese made knock offs quality and i was very dissapointed as i was planning to purchase the stunt leather pants by rst brand and it was awful the quality.

tank bags from oxford looked like the zips where gonna let go by a hard pull.

how about mounts for gps and mobile phones? i have seen ram mounts at shops like gps4u there store at fortune it mall and also one shop in mbk. touratech also good some. but they are all very expensive and i wouldnt feel safe letting those equipment stay on the bike in the public garages.

anyone knows a cheaper but strong and stable solution? appreciate some advices. im also thinking of purchasing a garmin gps and connect it through the cigarette jack from the battery. but those prices of 20k will have to wait and the iphone will have to due for now running both sygic and tomtom gps navigation system.