Cinnamon

robblok

and to further complicate things there are two types of Cinnamon and they have different properties

True or Ceylon type

and

Cassia type

The Cassia is cheaper, tastes harsh but has a lot more blood thinning properties and often blended in powders to save costs.

http://www.benefits-of-honey.com/ceylon-cinnamon.html

The whole powder quality is going to questionable because of oxidation, mixing and unknown properties.

I think the good stuff is a lot harder to find in Thailand. The sticks I see at Makro I am pretty sure is the Cassia

Found it in the local market, went to the chinese pharmacy and they had it there. Cheap.. just 20bt per 100 grams. After you telling me its common i went and asked around.

Well you could have stopped eating oats.whistling.gif

I like oats and its healthy too so no need to stop that even if there is no cinnamon.

cinnamon has medicinal purposes and in 'less civilized' places like the middle east is widely available in bulk...most supermarkets in the Gulf area have a herb and spice section that brims with stuff that is ridiculously expensive in BKK...and when I finish an assignment before traveling home I spend some time in these places loading up with stuff that I know that I can't find in Thailand...

to those of us that work in these places and then return to our homes in Thailand keep it in mind and then dump the socks and underwear that you don't use in Thailand and load up yer suitcase with baggies of the good stuff and you'll be glad that you did...

Edited by tutsiwarrior