April May Touch 43 Degrees Celsius: Thai Meteorological Department

webfact

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OZmade is correct in that the weather patterns all around the globe have changed and we'd better get used to it, the destructive part is the telling factor, mini tornadoes, higher rain falls, floods, cyclones, hurricanes, in area's not seen before say something and whats happening here , the government of Thailand is trying to put more cars on the road and air pollution is the root cause of the problembah.gif

A thousand years ago there were forests in Greenland....three hundred years ago people were ice skating on the Thames...yes climate change is happening...always has...always will.

I'm not sure what you point is, but I don't care.

should it be wise to start buying roof panels before they start flying

we now get a bit of rain about 1 or 2 times a week so the soil isnt too dry

but indeed it can get hot and humid

Mukdahan N.E.

Try some wellies ????

I've read a science report in the past that said that when temperatures reach 37 degrees Celsius the crime rate is going down significantly. So at least there is a positive thing about it thumbsup.gif

Another positive thing is that all that sunshine will improve everyones health no end - try to get out in the mid-day sun for twenty minutes every day with your arms and face uncovered!!!

Until melanoma kicks in...that's not much fun....trust me...keep out of the sun (assuming you are Caucasian living in a tropical climate)

Bad advice!! Scientists accept now that sunshine actually protects you from cancer and as long as you don't get burnt then it is far healthier to expose yourself to the sun, than not to. Also, the sun's useful rays are to be found around mid-day as that is when they are the most beneficial towards topping up the vitamin D.

OZmade is correct in that the weather patterns all around the globe have changed and we'd better get used to it, the destructive part is the telling factor, mini tornadoes, higher rain falls, floods, cyclones, hurricanes, in area's not seen before say something and whats happening here , the government of Thailand is trying to put more cars on the road and air pollution is the root cause of the problembah.gif

A thousand years ago there were forests in Greenland....three hundred years ago people were ice skating on the Thames...yes climate change is happening...always has...always will.

I'm not sure what you point is, but I don't care.

Nor do I !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I've read a science report in the past that said that when temperatures reach 37 degrees Celsius the crime rate is going down significantly. So at least there is a positive thing about it thumbsup.gif

Another positive thing is that all that sunshine will improve everyones health no end - try to get out in the mid-day sun for twenty minutes every day with your arms and face uncovered!!!

Until melanoma kicks in...that's not much fun....trust me...keep out of the sun (assuming you are Caucasian living in a tropical climate)

Bad advice!! Scientists accept now that sunshine actually protects you from cancer and as long as you don't get burnt then it is far healthier to expose yourself to the sun, than not to. Also, the sun's useful rays are to be found around mid-day as that is when they are the most beneficial towards topping up the vitamin D.

Not sure what the scientists say...but I can tell you what my surgeon told me (post melanoma operation..and ongoing therapy)....keep out of the sun..and wear SPF 30 + . The scientists may be right in a European environment...but I live in Asia...very different place

Just avoid the sunlight , stay indoor until 7 pm and then you can move around and do your normal activities .

Right now its bitter cold in Pattaya , only 31 degrees.

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

Not sure what the scientists say...but I can tell you what my surgeon told me (post melanoma operation..and ongoing therapy)....keep out of the sun..and wear SPF 30 + . The scientists may be right in a European environment...but I live in Asia...very different place

I appreciate your condition and I don't make light of it. There are at

least two remedies to your ailment if you research the Internet.

You can't be in the weather business without being alarmist these days.

Hot season will be hot, maybe hotter than usual, but maybe not.

My prediction will be that Thailand will have it's hottest to date this year and when the time comes the coldest and wettest seasons this year. I cant see why Thailand will be any different to any where else in the world. Australia had it's hottest weather for 50 years, its worst and still ongoing floods, its worst cyclone season and new ones currently forming today.

England, Europe, Canada and the USA the worst winter for god knows how long.

With the droughts in Thailand today, the place is turning already to sand in some areas, they don't need more baked soil and when the rains come it wont soak in it will run and fast. So Bangkok had better be ready for the worst floods yet. I read that Thailand, especially Bangkok is already below sea level in a lot of places and is sinking. It also has the problem of the oceans rising.

So if you think the Thai weather bureau are alarmists. All this info has been on the news and a lot is currently happening now.

Chili today, Hot tamale.. biggrin.png

Been there, done that and their still cutting on me.. How stupid can I get? I'm living in either Arizona or Lopburi. blink.png

Yes it gets hotter in the Death Valley and Baghdad, but they don't have 90% air humidity during the day and 100% in the nights, and the vapor is what makes it unbearable. Bangkok hit 40.1 degrees last Tuesday, a new record high for March. All-time high in Bangkok is 40.7 degrees.

So true, the humidity is the killer...out of interest what was the humidity in Bangkok?

Can't tell for that day, longtime records is temperatures, wind and rainfall only. Today at 22:00 it was 82%, and 29.5 degrees.

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=37

The weather at Don Muang, shows about 59% humidity at the moment.

http://english.wunderground.com/global/stations/48456.html?bannertypeclick=gizmotimetemp24

Thanks, I use this for home, here in the United States. I did not know that wunderground also covered other countries.

One learns something new every day, and I can only hope not more than once on the same subject wink.png

Stay cool and keep smiling.

BTW just coming back from soi Cowboy I can report that the higher temperature also seems to affect the square inch covering of the ladies working smile.png

"The cause for this is the unusually low number of clouds and less humidity, plus a heat mass"

I'm just a tad confused here; is anyone else?wink.png

Me too, but it sounds really good and so it worked - I'm impressed - again. clap2.gif

(Where is the sarcasm font?)

You can't be in the weather business without being alarmist these days.

Hot season will be hot, maybe hotter than usual, but maybe not.

My prediction will be that Thailand will have it's hottest to date this year and when the time comes the coldest and wettest seasons this year. I cant see why Thailand will be any different to any where else in the world. Australia had it's hottest weather for 50 years, its worst and still ongoing floods, its worst cyclone season and new ones currently forming today.

England, Europe, Canada and the USA the worst winter for god knows how long.

With the droughts in Thailand today, the place is turning already to sand in some areas, they don't need more baked soil and when the rains come it wont soak in it will run and fast. So Bangkok had better be ready for the worst floods yet. I read that Thailand, especially Bangkok is already below sea level in a lot of places and is sinking. It also has the problem of the oceans rising.

So if you think the Thai weather bureau are alarmists. All this info has been on the news and a lot is currently happening now.

Chili today, Hot tamale.. biggrin.png

Looks like the weather bureau and my prediction was not too far out and I also read where Hua Hin is in trouble as well with drought and water shortages.

The summer heat in Thailand continued to take its toll on people yesterday with the mercury rising to the 40-41 degrees Celsius level in Sakhon Nakhon's Muang district, where residents also suffered from drinking water shortage after underground water became salty and undrinkable

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Sakhon-Nakhon-reels-under-heat-drought-30203075.html.

I remember working with some Japanese in Mt Isa in December 1990 when the temperature was 47 every day. 39-43? A walk in the park... smile.png

I was living in Mt Isa in 1990, driving modified production racing cars at the Isa speedway. I can guarantee it wasn't a walk in the park.