Motorbike-Pickups

LeCharivari

There was a thread here a while ago asking about converting a motorbike into a "three-wheel pickup", etc.

These are now available, fully legal and actually rather smart, from the car dealers on the corner of Sukhumvit Road and Thepprasit, on the other side of Thepprasit from Outlet Mall and Tesco-Lotus. Front looks a bit like a PCX, with the back (not surprisingly) like a pick up - differential, 4 speed gear box, forward and reverse (as far as I could work out 4 speed in reverse too, but I didn't try it!). 110 or 150cc.

68,000 baht unregistered, or 86,000 fully registered with tambien rot, number plate, etc.

I prefer a sidecar, but if you're into that sort of thing they're probably worth a look.

Its a chinese import, brand champ

89 000 baht on the road, however the shop is still not open and nothing seems ready.

Spoke to some guy there when they were assembling one and was told shop be ready and open for trade this week-but have not seen anyone doing anything there ever since.

Asked about warranty and service, he said must come to this shop-not too promising.

And worst of all their website champthai.com is "This account has been suspended."

Perhaps for 40 000 worth the risk but for 89 000 do not think it will be selling too well.

And worst of all their website champthai.com is "This account has been suspended."

Works for me..but only Thai language available. annoyed.gif

"Made in China".... for sure..

But the vehicle's look much more *professional*, than the thai "homebrewed" ones

At least, I find it much more scaring, that the vehicles are assembled in Thailand.whistling.gif

post-158247-0-90490200-1364697606_thumb.

post-158247-0-47529000-1364697626_thumb.

Edited by Turkleton

But the vehicle's look much more *professional*, than the thai "homebrewed" ones

At least, I find it much more scaring, that the vehicles are assembled in Thailand.whistling.gif

attachicon.gif7.jpg

attachicon.gif9.jpg

website is up today, are these your pics or from a website?

attachicon.gif7.jpg

attachicon.gif9.jpg

I posted months ago about a place selling these sort of 3 wheelers....... Driving south just before Bang Yai, place is just before the PTT station, after the Electric Office...

They have lots, 20 or more and different boxes on the back from small non tipper type to big tipper type., all sizes and shapes have the same front and all are in red..

Myself waiting to see more about, appears ideal for me to pop to Village Markets, if I need to take any of the dogs to the Vet........... from what I have learnt a normal scooter conversion cost an extra 50k + the price of the scooter, so these box trike's from 50 - 80 something thousand baht look a good deal

re

these box trike's from 50 - 80 something thousand baht look a good deal

we have something the same looking but with a

different name " ryuka " for sale in chiang mai

dave2

All the ones at Bang Yai are the Scooter type........

Did ask a Thai Company up your way, a while ago 'Skylab' they do a motorbike Pickup at 67,000 baht... if I remember it has a 150 cc Lifan engine.

They do or did show a picture on there website + a report from a guy in the UK that had one shipped to UK.

Edited by ignis

Why is it 18k to have it registered, seems a bit like a grey book rather than authentic green book. With the amount of road blocks in Pattaya its crucial to be legal so price really is 86k...no other option.

Edited by PattayaPhom

Why is it 18k to have it registered, seems a bit like a grey book rather than authentic green book. With the amount of road blocks in Pattaya its crucial to be legal so price really is 86k...no other option.

Talking to the guy there its pretty simple: 86,000 fully registered and fully legal with an "authentic green book". If you don't want it registered, for whatever reason, its 68,000.

.... Myself waiting to see more about, appears ideal for me to pop to Village Markets, if I need to take any of the dogs to the Vet........... from what I have learnt a normal scooter conversion cost an extra 50k + the price of the scooter, so these box trike's from 50 - 80 something thousand baht look a good deal

My view also. I'm not in the market, but given the choice between something that's purpose built for 86,000 (and built quite well) and a local and illegal "conversion" that can't be registered for 50,000 plus the cost of the original bike I really can't see the argument. An increasing number of Champ small pick-ups are around, priced around 300,000 baht, so I doubt if the company's going to disappear.

40,000 for a finished bike/pick-up? You get what you pay for, and for that you'd get a poor bike and a poorer conversion. Better to buy a mediocre bike for 20,000 and stick a sidecar on it for another 6-8,000 baht if that's all you want to pay.

....we have something the same looking but with a different name " ryuka " for sale in chiang mai

Ryuka are similar, but better known in Thailand more recently for making the Ryuka 110C - the Honda Cub copy, very similar to the Tiger Retro, which sells for around 30,000 baht.

Edited by LeCharivari

.... Myself waiting to see more about, appears ideal for me to pop to Village Markets, if I need to take any of the dogs to the Vet........... from what I have learnt a normal scooter conversion cost an extra 50k + the price of the scooter, so these box trike's from 50 - 80 something thousand baht look a good deal

My view also. I'm not in the market, but given the choice between something that's purpose built for 86,000 (and built quite well) and a local and illegal "conversion" that can't be registered for 50,000 plus the cost of the original bike I really can't see the argument. An increasing number of Champ small pick-ups are around, priced around 300,000 baht, so I doubt if the company's going to disappear.

40,000 for a finished bike/pick-up? You get what you pay for, and for that you'd get a poor bike and a poorer conversion. Better to buy a mediocre bike for 20,000 and stick a sidecar on it for another 6-8,000 baht if that's all you want to pay.

>....we have something the same looking but with a different name " ryuka " for sale in chiang mai

Ryuka are similar, but better known in Thailand more recently for making the Ryuka 110C - the Honda Cub copy, very similar to the Tiger Retro, which sells for around 30,000 baht.

May i ask what guy you spoke to and what his role was?

I drive past the place 6 times per day, every single day.

The only guys i saw there, was the mechanics trying to put it together.

The first lot of them, about 2 weeks ago, spent the whole day and could not figure out how to assemble it, this i understood from them being there all day and by the evening no change was seen to the vehicle.

For the next 3-4 days, there was no one there.

The next crew appeared early in the morning and spend the whole day laying around, what appeared to be they were waiting for someone.

By the evening, the managed to put 1 together however it looked rather un-finished.

The day after, i went there and spoke to them, all were mechanics from near by Mytion.

One of the mechanics told me its 29 000 baht(in English) and attempted to show it, but could not work out what to do and advised me to come back next week, ie last week.

I changed to Thai, and told him where i can pay and take it as is for 29 000. As it turns out in Thai, it was 89 000. When i questioned him about the rego and plates, he said yes.

Though to be honest i am failing to see his credibility on the matter.

Anyhow, for the rest of that week, no one was there, until yesterday, when yet another(different) group of Mytion mechanics arrived and put them all together in less than half a day.

To this moment, i have not seen anyone but mechanics and it appears they were someone contracted.

So i am really unsure who told you the prices and information and registration.

This unit is exactly what i want, so i spoke to a mate of mine who owns a bike shop, seling and repairs.

This was his opinion " Keep away from Chinese bikes, nothing but trouble" i asked him why he was of this opinion.

He advised that he use to sell Chinese Bikes like Ryuka, Sky(fino copy but 150cc) and Keeway.

He said, while the factory of assembly is in Rayong, they do not have spare parts, so if the bike breaks, customer needs to wait for 2-3 months.

Out of 30 or so he sold, he said 25 came back after 3 weeks because gears were breaking or some parts falling off..

He stopped to sell the entire range because of the problems.

Funny enough, he also pointed out that Mytion has also stopped to sell, due to same reasons.

I have seen skylabs and spoke to the company and new they go for 57 000 baht with bike being 150cc-200cc, this champs are 110 cc and cost over 30 000 more?

Skylab company CAN NOT register it, no matter what you pay, so i am honestly failing to see how Champ can.

Bottom line is, i do not think the price quoted to you or me was correct, just as i think fact about registration is also not guaranteed.

If it turns out to be on the par with skylab or cheaper, personally i would be interested, because worse case scenario, can always replace the engine on the bike, as the concept is perfect, but the rego could be a bit of a problem, though 1 way i see this happening is to register just the bike with no mention of modification.

• Like 1

LC, I didn't ask him his name or how he could do what Skylab couldn't, etc - I wanted some details, not an argument!

Your friend is clearly wrong about Chinese bikes at Mityon - they have plenty of Chinese made bikes, including Ryuka, Stallion and others.

LC, I didn't ask him his name or how he could do what Skylab couldn't, etc - I wanted some details, not an argument!

Your friend is clearly wrong about Chinese bikes at Mityon - they have plenty of Chinese made bikes, including Ryuka, Stallion and others.

But who did you speak with? a taxi driver outside? a guy in the car dealership next door? a mechanic trying to assemble the bike?

There is no office, there is no one there, and the only people seen (occasionally) are the mechanics

And you right, my friend is wrong, after all he just sells and fixes bikes, so no doubt others know better

What Mytion shops do you visit to see the bikes? i live right next door to Mytion and they do not stock even 1.

I work right next door to their head office and old stock of chinese bikes is stuck away at the back and when you want to look at one, they all sing in chorus-no good and try to drag you away from them

Edited by lemoncake

They look like a hit or miss to me. Are they carbureted? most likely which is not so good with gasoline fazed out.

What about the real Tuk-Tuk's you see in Bangkok and ChangMai, are they still made?

They must be quite sturdy, I mean driving around downtown BKK all day loaded in the heat.

Okay less than 90K bath with green book is quite cheap if you don't want/cant afford a car/pick up truck.

I used to have a Tiger Retro W/sidecar, funny little bike with very lousy brakes and conical mec/electric problems, but at least it was legal which a MC with aftermarket sidecar isn't.

They look like a hit or miss to me. Are they carbureted? most likely which is not so good with gasoline fazed out.

What about the real Tuk-Tuk's you see in Bangkok and ChangMai, are they still made?

They must be quite sturdy, I mean driving around downtown BKK all day loaded in the heat.

Okay less than 90K bath with green book is quite cheap if you don't want/cant afford a car/pick up truck.

I used to have a Tiger Retro W/sidecar, funny little bike with very lousy brakes and conical mec/electric problems, but at least it was legal which a MC with aftermarket sidecar isn't.

A real tuk tuk costs quote a bit.

For me, this is ideal, because i use it to take my dogs out. its easy to load them and unload them, also easy to wash them.

I do have a pick up, which is now all scratched(just after a few times dogs went in it). also need to lift them up and down and hard to wash.

MIne go to the beach(lake) every day and always either wet or dirty, now i have a bike with side car, but always get chased by the ssoi dogs and creating a chaos on the streets.

Also side car is hard to drive and often breaks, once it broke away from the bike, so dogs went one way and i went the other. Have many stories like that for the past 3 years, all funny now but pretty scary at the time.

It is more what people want it for, Like 'lemoncake' I have dogs, 6 of them, I also have a pickup and a car..

Tuk-Tuk, yes believe they make a box/transporter van but start at 350,000 baht and up = still not what I need......... for this sort of money and I have looked there are vans and Mini buses = they have legal number plates so could drive them anywhere [DFM and the like]....... plenty of old Tk-Tuk's about used private with no numbers as cannot be registered...

Best option of course if you could buy a everyday estate car here then would sell the car but as there is none one has to look at what is next best...So a 3 wheeler box trailer scooter sounds and looks ideal for what I need.......

Edited by ignis

But who did you speak with? a taxi driver outside? a guy in the car dealership next door? a mechanic trying to assemble the bike?

There is no office, there is no one there, and the only people seen (occasionally) are the mechanics

And you right, my friend is wrong, after all he just sells and fixes bikes, so no doubt others know better

What Mytion shops do you visit to see the bikes? i live right next door to Mytion and they do not stock even 1.

I work right next door to their head office and old stock of chinese bikes is stuck away at the back and when you want to look at one, they all sing in chorus-no good and try to drag you away from them

I spoke to a guy who was parking the assembled bikes inside the wire mesh show space; he was sitting on one bike showing it to a couple of Thai potential customers before parking it up in line with the others. Black hair, brown eyes.

Obviously they're not ready for customers yet and not properly open so judging them on their performance so far is, to say the least, rather premature.

"... what Mytion shop ...?" I don't need to "visit" - Ryuka 110C (Honda Cub clones) and Stallion (Honda Monkey Bike clones) are on display, in large numbers, in the front of several in Pattaya, Rayong and Sattahip along Sukhumvit. If you can't see them I'm not surprised you're having such a problem finding anyone at the Champ shop!

... I used to have a Tiger Retro W/sidecar, funny little bike with very lousy brakes and conical mec/electric problems, but at least it was legal which a MC with aftermarket sidecar isn't.

I've still got mine - after quite a lot of work, which I fully agree you shouldn't have to do, it now drives quite well and it brakes in under half the distance it did when it was delivered. I don't regret buying it as its fun, but to be honest it would actually be simpler if they delivered it as a box of parts as then you wouldn't have to waste time taking everything apart first!

I spoke to a guy who was parking the assembled bikes inside the wire mesh show space; he was sitting on one bike showing it to a couple of Thai potential customers before parking it up in line with the others. Black hair, brown eyes.

Obviously they're not ready for customers yet and not properly open so judging them on their performance so far is, to say the least, rather premature.

"... what Mytion shop ...?" I don't need to "visit" - Ryuka 110C (Honda Cub clones) and Stallion (Honda Monkey Bike clones) are on display, in large numbers, in the front of several in Pattaya, Rayong and Sattahip along Sukhumvit. If you can't see them I'm not surprised you're having such a problem finding anyone at the Champ shop!

>... I used to have a Tiger Retro W/sidecar, funny little bike with very lousy brakes and conical mec/electric problems, but at least it was legal which a MC with aftermarket sidecar isn't.

I've still got mine - after quite a lot of work, which I fully agree you shouldn't have to do, it now drives quite well and it brakes in under half the distance it did when it was delivered. I don't regret buying it as its fun, but to be honest it would actually be simpler if they delivered it as a box of parts as then you wouldn't have to waste time taking everything apart first!

Hold on, you said "Your friend is clearly wrong about Chinese bikes at Mityon - they have plenty of Chinese made bikes, including Ryuka, Stallion and others."

Now you saying "Ryuka 110C (Honda Cub clones) and Stallion (Honda Monkey Bike clones) are on display, in large numbers, in the front of several in Pattaya, Rayong and Sattahip along Sukhumvit."

All those selling are NOT Mytion storesthumbsup.gif

As i have said, i live next to a Mytion on Sukhumvit road and they do not sell any, Mytion on the corner of Soi Kownoi, does not sell any. Mytion at Pattaya Nua does not sell any, Mytion on Pattaya Tai does not sell any.

So you spoke to someone who you believe was showing potential buyers the bike so you now convinced what he said was 100% correct???

Because as i have said 3 times already (at least) i am there 6 times per day, 7 days per week and have never seen anyone but 3 different lots of mechanics.

You made the post a week ago and say someone was showing potential buyers, which i also find rather strange ONLY because they assembled the first one about 3 days ago, week ago when i was there, mechanic who i spoke to could not show me much, because it was not complete.

I guess may be after the guy you spoke to showed the bike to thai buyers, they took it apart to avoid showing anyone else.

PS. Now, as of this morning they have brought in loads of other junk like Ryuka in 6-7 different colors and the monkey copy's. They have also brought in some furniture into what appears to be an office, though still no one around all day(just incase you go to speak with some one)

Mityon Soi Khao Noi has chinese bikes on display.

No they do not , i was there yesterday. The one on the corner of Sukhumvit rd

Musta sold em then as I was in there on Wednesday getting my scooter serviced and there was 5 of them there and yes the one on the corner of sukhumvit and soi Khao Noi.

You sure do seem to go to a lot of motorbike shops, it's almost a fetish.