What Is The Best Thai Bank If Transferring Regular Money From Oz

Gday,

If Im sending under AUD $2k a month to a thai bank account to live off which is the best thai bank to open an account with?

I travel around all area's of Thailand and thus want a bank that has atm's on all the islands etc. Also, one where I can access funds from my thai account if Im out of thailand. Thus, a bank that has internet access and decent security.

I searched this forum and found this info:

Another is the ease of opening an account at the various Thai banks - they are
not all the same. Kasikorn is foreigner friendly - just your passport
and an address and they will open an account for you. Bangkok Bank is
not tourist friendly - they require either a work permit or a Thai
person to sign a letter of guarantee, or if you happen to reside in
Thailand and have a residence book that will do. Of course, because this
is Thailand your mileage may vary and if you don't get the answer you
want at one branch you try another branch and they might do it for you.
But most people report Kasikorn as easy and Bangkok Bank not.

Appreciated if you can advise the best option based on my requirements above. Not sure if it matters but Im only on double entry tourist visas etc.

many thanks

Why not just open an account in your aussie bank get an ATM card with it , send her the card and do a monthly transfer for the intended amount to that account. It works well for me as all ATM's will process it irrespective of the bank .

I have opened one at the K Bank.Took 10 minutes,500 baht deposit,passport and accepted hotel as address.Since returning to Australia I have transfered to the KBank account no problems and went to LOS and withdrew at ATM.Very good very easy

• Like 1

I have opened one at the K Bank.Took 10 minutes,500 baht deposit,passport and accepted hotel as address.Since returning to Australia I have transfered to the KBank account no problems and went to LOS and withdrew at ATM.Very good very easy

I have a CBA account with money transferred to Kasikorn account in A$. You can have the Kasikorn VISA debit card set up with SMS notifications of transactions & OTP facility for additional security if you need to do online transactions for hotel bookings etc