They Caught A Few Today. Police Stop On Suk Road.

pattayadingo

Happily driving back along Sukhumvit road today and they had it coned off. Pulling every m/c. While I was waiting in line they had a few with no licence, tax and other problems. Foreigners and Thai.

Had a lot of foreign and Thai police on duty. All very polite, for me anyway as I had tax and a licence.

Maybe we will hear some more stories about this in the news.

Where exactly on Sukhumvit ??

It's normally just before the Kawasaki showroom heading towards Pattaya Tai.................i think. There's a police station of some description there, i think maybe highway dept.

It's normally just before the Kawasaki showroom heading towards Pattaya Tai.................i think. There's a police station of some description there, i think maybe highway dept.

Yep. that location. They have had these stops there before. They pull the m/c off the road onto a big forecourt, check you out and if all is okay, you are on your way.

That is a lot of m/c they stop at these checkpoints.

We drove by there a few times this morning. Between 10 and 11am. Didn't see anything. But might have missed it somehow.

Another big one is near the Ambassador headed into Pattaya. Really bad there....

• Like 1

It's normally just before the Kawasaki showroom heading towards Pattaya Tai

Ok.... yet another place to try and avoid falling prey to their money making schemes.

The one at Ambassador is usually on Sundays, if a remember correctly.

Ok.... yet another place to try and avoid falling prey to their money making schemes.

It's now every day. Usually after lunch and on into the night.

It's now every day. Usually after lunch and on into the night.

When passing there, I usually wear my Thai DL hung around my neck, wrapped in plastic, Songkran style - they don't even ask me stop smile.png

Edited by manarak

The checkpoint is highly visible from a distance with lanes coned off and a number of police in orange boiler suits.

Any one with any sense simply makes a u-turn at the turning point about a hundred metres before the checkpoint.

Now if they put the checkpoint on both carraige ways they would treble their income.

Doesn't bother me as I'm always legal.

• Like 1

been stopped there a few times over the years and always straight up to refuse to speak to the foreigner (volunteer or whatever they call themselves ??)... have my Mrs sort it out with one of the Thais, if not i get through with my limited Thai .

Edited by William Osborne
  • Like 1

been stopped there a few times over the years and always straight up to refuse to speak to the foreigner (volunteer or whatever they call themselves ??)... have my Mrs sort it out with one of the Thais, if not i get through with my limited Thai .

Good idea. I have also been stopped at this place a few times over the years and I really dislike handing my license over to one of those dimwits. I'll refuse the next time and demand to see a real policeman.

Last time a few buses with Thai tourists slowly passed the check point and many of the Thais were pointing at the strutting dimwits and howling with laughter. One of only a very few occasions where I have been ashamed to be white.