Reward For Stolen Car

kubota

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No news from me. I hope he recovered it without problem, it did look driveable. But no word from the owner, yet.

However he must have seen you PM or post as he was online at 5pm, so about 1 1/2 hour earlier., so the least he could have done is give you a call.

Something doesn't add up.

Yeah, it does seem odd that there has been no word back from the owner after people have been keeping their eyes open AND one person found it.

I see from the photos it has had a prang. Does not look serious but the consequences of a prang - say with a m/c - could have been nasty.

In the original photo posted by the op it is not 100% certain if the wing was dented prior to the theft.

BTW... good on johng for being so eagle eyed. i too hope you get the reward and that everything is kosher smile.png

edit typos from sticky fingers tongue.png

If you look at the headlights it's not the same. Bumper is bent pretty bad. I had one exactly like it years ago.

and how do you explain the plate? it certainly dos appear to be the same car, however, it appears to have aged 10-15 years since that photo was taken.

I think the OP is just a crock of sheite. Seems to me that he parked and then got super drunk, woke up later and didn't see his car so he made a post here with reward and all but then realized that he got drunk and smashed it up then couldn't remember where he parked it. Probably never paid buddy the reward too I bet?

Please refer to my signature.

I've found the car...I sent you a message with my telephone number.

Don't tease. This is serious stuff.

'"Serious stuff", maybe. Or it may be just the case of a drunk who side swiped a telephone pole in his old Buick (seriously, no one would steal a car like that -- there probably aren't 2 in Thailand (for good reason), it is worth very little and it is ugly as dog crap) and forgot where he parked his car. The OP's statement that it was "stolen" from Jomtien Soi 5-6 is just too close to being found on Jomtien 15-16. And he hasn't responded since the car was found. Is the car still parked on Soi 16? I'm betting that the car wasn't really stolen and that no one will ever see a Baht of the offered reward.

The car was gone as of 10:15am Thursday morning. I have yet to receive any phone call from the car owner. And no reward, either. To explain, I found the car first and there is a time reference on this forum as to when I tried to contact the car owner. I fully expected a call within an hour or so. But this was not to be. Later on, I saw that johng had made a report online with the location listed. So, I went back and took a couple of photos just to verify that I was aware of the car's location. I did not report the location at first, I suppose, so that the owner would call me for it. When johng put the location online, I figured I had better take a couple of photos while it was still there. I will soon be sending the car owner another message, and would hope that this can be cleared up. I did find the car first, but would be willing to share 1/3 of the reward with johng for his followup work.

Two photos attached. The location where the Buick was parked on Jomtien Beach Road (now empty). And for those wondering about the fender, a closeup. It is the same car as the original photo, as the license number matched. The funny colors (blue and green) were from the lack of light, in the shade.

I will report any new developments. So far, none.

post-42874-0-04198200-1365052691_thumb.j

post-42874-0-53496100-1365052722_thumb.j

The car was gone as of 10:15am Thursday morning. I have yet to receive any phone call from the car owner. And no reward, either. To explain, I found the car first and there is a time reference on this forum as to when I tried to contact the car owner. I fully expected a call within an hour or so. But this was not to be. Later on, I saw that johng had made a report online with the location listed. So, I went back and took a couple of photos just to verify that I was aware of the car's location. I did not report the location at first, I suppose, so that the owner would call me for it. When johng put the location online, I figured I had better take a couple of photos while it was still there. I will soon be sending the car owner another message, and would hope that this can be cleared up. I did find the car first, but would be willing to share 1/3 of the reward with johng for his followup work.

Two photos attached. The location where the Buick was parked on Jomtien Beach Road (now empty). And for those wondering about the fender, a closeup. It is the same car as the original photo, as the license number matched. The funny colors (blue and green) were from the lack of light, in the shade.

For all the thick headed out there, I didn't say it wasn't the same car.What I was trying to say was the original photo didn't have the same damage that the other two did. Chase this guy down and get your money.

I also don't think PC800 will see any money either.

A rat car got lost somehow, LOL and are now gone home to the owners place most likely.

A promise of 50K bath in reward is way over the top for such a old (but okay rare car).

Well if Kuboto did take the car back ( maybe someone else took it for another ride ? )

and has not contacted PC800 about the reward then I apologise to PC800 for revealing the location prematurly

thus robbing him of the reward....

Strange that Kuboto has not been back to even say thanks......

PS the other posibility is that the police have towed it to their compound.

Edited by johng

Sorry about the late reply, I engaged the Police yesterday, and they have a group of who people how is doing only about theft. The "chief" came to my home and wrote down all the information about the day it got stolen..They found the car yesterday evening,apparently he run out of gasoline. The car was facing towards north/Pattaya, which means he was going somewhere else than Sattahip/Rayong area. Sorry about this, this time the money went to the police, and his team. He had about 10 people with radios searching around Chonburi/Rayong.

I call bs. I 'misplaced' my car after a few bevvies in a strange town. Next day I spent an hour on the back of a motocy taxi looking for it, then went to the local cop shop and offered a bottle of Johnnie Black to the first BiB to find it. Motorbikes and cars scattered in all directions, 30 mins later it was found in some deserted alley.

I thought for a few moments about reporting it stolen , but then realised I would be caught out same as the op.

Total cost for finding it, just over 1, 000 for the whiskey I think.

For all the thick headed out there, I didn't say it wasn't the same car.What I was trying to say was the original photo didn't have the same damage that the other two did. Chase this guy down and get your money.

thick headed?

If you look at the headlights it's not the same.

methinks perhaps you should learn to express yourself more clearly.

Edited by candypants

Sorry about the late reply, I engaged the Police yesterday, and they have a group of who people how is doing only about theft. The "chief" came to my home and wrote down all the information about the day it got stolen..They found the car yesterday evening,apparently he run out of gasoline. The car was facing towards north/Pattaya, which means he was going somewhere else than Sattahip/Rayong area. Sorry about this, this time the money went to the police, and his team. He had about 10 people with radios searching around Chonburi/Rayong.

think you owe one of the posters here something they found your car yesterday morning,at least a thank you wouldnt go a miss a crate of beer or a couple of thosand baht would be a nice gesture, why offer money when you have no intention of keeping your word.

think you owe one of the posters here something they found your car yesterday morning,at least a thank you wouldnt go a miss a crate of beer or a couple of thosand baht would be a nice gesture, why offer money when you have no intention of keeping your word.

Have to agree with that, the police "found" it in the evening, whereas all avid TV watchers knew precisely where it was since lunchtime!

I spotted the car Wednesday morning. I reported it with online which all can see. With time notations. And I sent a private message to the car owner with that information. He also was online ThaisVisa about 5:00pm yesterday afternoon. So, the police finding the car in the evening, doesn't compute. I did NOT reveal the location originally, but asked the owner to call me. Another Thai Visa reader also spotted it and did list the location. I posted again with some photos to verify that I knew of the car location. I still have not received a call, a thank you, or reward. The mystery continues. I am glad to see that the car owner retrieved the car and it was not re-stolen, or impounded.

• Like 1

Having been following the post, along with many other TV readers who live in the area - I think that many of us will be able to recognise that car out and about in Patts.

This time, the money went to the police?! Convenient. I guess that guarantees that next time this forum won't be helping you look for the car when it goes missing.

I know the next time I see your car and you driving it I will think of your story about how so far you have reneged on paying a reward. No law saying you have to pay the reward...50000 a tad on the high side anyway. But out of good will I think you may have to cough up something. Your terms - you said you would pay a reward to the person finding it - 2 TV posters found it first and they PM'd you. One of the posters saw that you had been online at 5pm on the 3rd.

'hey great news... the cops found my car! thankfully I have my car back, for the two TV readers that helped with locating my car please PM me and I will send you 5k each!'

Integrity.

Edited by Dorkers

This must be the biggest troll story ever posted on Thaivisa.

Are you sure the police didn't engage an air team with helicopters and fighter jets to find your car which location was posted on this forum since noon, and from which the OP was well aware as he had logged in to this topic in the afternoon.

Ran out of gasoline ? less than 2 km from the location where it was reported stolen. Probably you could even see it parked from the location where it was reported stolen, if you weren't too dumb drunk of course.

Sorry the money went to the police ? laugh.pnglaugh.png You must be the lowest of the low lifes around as that is the poorest excuse I have ever heard.

Unlucky for you it's a car that is easy recognisable, not like a Vios from which there are millions around, and I'm sure you will be reminded of that if certain Thaivisa members stumble on to it in the near future.

I'm sure they will leave some souvenir behind to remind you of your cowardness.

Edited by jbrain
  • Like 2

From what I'm reading yes someone saw the car in Jomtien and was good enough to contact the owner and take pictures, however the car then disappeared and the police found it later elsewhere after it had run of gasoline.

OP in my opinion owes nobody on here.

:-

Edited by davethailand

From what I'm reading yes someone saw the car in Jomtien and was good enough to contact the owner and take pictures, however the car then disappeared and the police found it later elsewhere after it had run of gasoline.

OP in my opinion owes nobody on here.

:-

It was stolen twice ?

• Like 1