Why Do Thai Woman Put Towels On Every Floor

muythai2013

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not Thai nor a woman, but I do like cleanliness.

I recall long ago in falang-land we had carpets on the floor. The carpets were used to trap all the dust, lint, crumbs, dead and live insects and other debris. After 5-10 years, the carpet became so nasty it had to be replaced -- at considerable expense. Since coming to live in S. E. Asia, I've come to greatly appreciate the coolness and cleanliness of tile/marble floors. I like to have a thick towel (floor mat) on the floor next to my bed so I don't get dust, lint, crumbs or other debris in the bed. Also, a towel-type floor mat in front of the kitchen sink, on the bathroom floor, and at other strategic locations.

Washing these floor mats seems to be much simpler, more economical than the old habit of replacing all the carpet in the house after it became too filthy.

It's great to live in the tropics with cool, clean marble floors. I'd never go back to the filthy carpet environment.

And I'm damn happy with the floor mats on the floor. But that's just me... to each his own.

No idea about the intention of that question, but what's a swallow ?

Well to an ornithologist it will mean a bird, but to someone in Pattaya it might mean something entirely different. wink.png

Too true uptheos.

I would go further and say it is often the difference between an '8 and a '10'