2 Dead 5 Injured In Highway 7 Road Crash In East Pattaya

Rimmer

2 dead 5 injured in Highway 7 Road Crash in East Pattaya

crash-3.jpg
PATTAYA:--Five people were injured and two were killed in an early morning road crash on Highway 7 in East Pattaya after the driver of a pick-up fell asleep at the wheel and came off the road and rolled his vehicle which came to rest in a ditch.

Police and rescue services rushed to the scene just before 4.30am and attended to the dead and injured. The more seriously injured and one of the dead were sitting on the rear of the pick-up when the crash occurred.

The driver, who sustained minor injuries, is Khun Somkit aged 42, he told Police that his family and the family of a friend had traveled to Kamphaeng Phet Province in the North of Thailand to see if Khun Somkit’s son was to become a soldier in the annual conscription lottery. He was not chosen and traveled back to Pattaya with his family and the family of his friend in his Black Nissan Pick-up. Both families have businesses in South Pattaya, one owns a Laundry Shop and the other is a food vendor situated close to the Laundry.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/81582/5-dead-2-injured-highway-7-road-crash-east-pattaya/

rip and condolences for the families

proofs once again thats it is a bad idea to sit in the back of a pickup truck

exactly, at the back of the pickup there is not seat belt.

I avoid taking buses and vans in Thailand, too many fatal accidents... cannot trust ignorant and irresponsible drivers, specially in Thailand high speed roads.

Safest way to travel: by Air or Train.

Edited by brfsa2
  • Like 1

pick up trucks... maybe time to enfore that this is only to carry goods and not persons

yep and make sure your goods cannot fall off the truck ( would be great for those buggers with the 3x max loaded sugercane trucks also )

pick up trucks... maybe time to enfore that this is only to carry goods and not persons

When you say enforce, is there a law against this?

yes there is read that giant sonkran not allowed to trhow water from pickup truck thread its some where in there

Enforcing a law if it did exist about carrying people in the back of a pickup would cause riots here, nearly every family seems to have a pickup and they never use for commercial purposes only as a family taxi. That law would also mean songthaws would be illegal.

Can't see that happening for a long time...

rip and condolences for the families

proofs once again thats it is a bad idea to sit in the back of a pickup truck

You forgot the asterisk that says "it is a bad idea to sit in the back of a pickup truck"*. (*if you are fortunate enough to be able to afford to travel in a seat with a seatbelt)

People are going to travel and do it in the manner they can afford. If I could afford an armored limo, I'd probably travel that way. I can afford a ride with 4 wheels, doors, a roof and a seatbelt and count myself fortunate for that.

Pickup bed is probably still safer than a scooter at 4:30 AM.

Condolences to the families.

Edited by impulse

When you say enforce, is there a law against this?

yes there is read that giant sonkran not allowed to trhow water from pickup truck thread its some where in there

No there is no law against this !!

There was a law passed about fifteen years ago to stop passengers travelling in the rear of vehicles if i remember rightly , but it is never enforced apart from in spurts around BKK when the BIB's kitty gets a bit dry. Up country life goes on - 12 passengers in a back of a pick up, no helmets whilst on a bike ,driving without a sleep for hours and hours just to prove how "strong" you are . Realy Sad the way common sense laws and attitudes are not followed. !!!!