How Can One Report An Overstay Person?

hi there

I don't generally care if someone overstays... it is their business and problem to sort out and most are not causing trouble. But there is someone who I believe is on long term overstay, who is abusive to women and people in general. I was thinking of reporting him as a possible overstay to immigration as a way to have this person deported before he causes more problems and harm.

Is there any anonymous way to go about this? Not totally necessary but would make it easier. Do the police take this seriously or not? Or would they just be looking for a pay off and let him go either way?

Thanks in advance.

possible overstay to immigration as a way to have this person deported before he causes more problems

Possible ?..if not sure I wouldnt be doing anything....if sure up to you, but remember chances are he will not be deported never to return, could be a simple case of going to get another visa

I think you may find the normal police will not care, but Immigration police will

I would say that you should mind your business. If the abused women dont know what to do to him, then let him be. I have seen women who enjoy being abused.

This person has done nothing personally to you that is harmful, and I do believe that Thai do not take abuse lightly, especially from foreigners.

The core criminals in Thailand are police informants, and dont forget he will be told who reported him, if he just asks.

I think the OP's heart is in the right place, but the proposed plan of action needs some consideration.

The victims should be the ones to call law enforcement, not some third party, especially a third party who is a foreigner.

If the victim(s) are asking the OP to help, then he should consider their motives and why they don't simply call the police themselves.

Often domestic abuse is a very complex situation, with the woman reluctant to "report" the abuser because she gains economic or other benefits from the abuser.

Unless the OP knows the entire story, I'd encourage him to either walk away --OR-- be prepared to get caught up in a major, time consuming and expensive drama that will make a Thai soap opera look like a children's play.

I have deleted some nonsensical, off-topic and troll posts. Seeing that the OP has had his answer and that so far six out of a total of 14 posts had to be deleted for violation of forum rules, this topic is now closed.

mfr_closed1.gif