North Korea Moves Missile As World Watches

webfact

The latest analysis of Kim's course of action is that he'll make a low impact "tactical" strike somewhere in the area of the Korean peninsula. The link is below. One pentagon general said Kim has to do "something" in the next 7 to 10 days because "He's declared war several times now and once you've done that, you have to do something or no one will ever believe you again."

North Korea Likely To Launch 'A Relatively Small Attack That Won't Leave Many People Dead'

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/expect-a-tactical-strike-from-north-korea-2013-4#ixzz2PcNuiueP

Sounds a bit like we are baiting him. Dude, you gotta do something or no one will ever believe you. Here us what you can do without causing big problems. Haha, yeah right.

• Like 1

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone is welcome to read a comprehensive roundup of present circumstances and an anticipated course of action by Kim.

North Korea Tells Embassies In Pyongyang To Consider Evacuating

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/latest-north-korea-war-talk-2013-4#ixzz2PcXjtUEX

US Military Considered Food Drops To Lure North Koreans Away From Nuclear Sites

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/best-weapon-against-north-korea-is-food-2013-4#ixzz2PcXyG0ks

North Korea's Nuclear Talk Is Making China Very Nervous

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/satellite-image-shows-one-possible-reason-why-china-is-amassing-on-north-korean-borders-2013-4#ixzz2PcYLnQmU

North Korea's Fighter Fleet Is Full Of Decrepit Russian MiG 21s

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/dprks-ancient-fleet-of-migs-2013-4?op=1#ixzz2PcZPDam6

Hackers Attack North Korea And Post Ridiculous Kim Jong-un Picture To State Social Media Accounts

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/anonymous-hacks-north-korean-twitter-2013-4#ixzz2PcZqKBoQ

this for te ones that wonder about how NK sees the " western world " interesting watch english spoken

Having lived recently in the PRChina I know that the CCP and the Chinese population have a great disrespect, and even contempt, for the Kim dynasty for failing to adopt in some measure the economic reforms introduced to the PRChina by Deng Xiao Peng. I share the view that the N Korean leadership is inbred, inborn, ingrown, ignorant; that they assure the population is the same if not worse.

No one likes N Korea's leadership and we have great empathy for the starving, suffering population which is oppressed, repressed; exploited by cynical and cruel leaders. I'll not waste my time watching your video about how great the Kims are as their lackeys shed tears to convince us of the truth and sincerity of it.

Your wares are an embarrassment - to yourself, so you'll need to try to sell them elsewhere.

P.S. In this editing I'd suggest you try to retype the previous address. Or perhaps even better, try returning to the previous page. clap2.gif

Edited by Scott

this for te ones that wonder about how NK sees the " western world " interesting watch english spoken

Having lived recently in the PRChina I know that the CCP and the Chinese population have a great disrespect, and even contempt, for the Kim dynasty for failing to adopt in some measure the economic reforms introduced to the PRChina by Deng Xiao Peng. I share the view that the N Korean leadership is inbred, inborn, ingrown, ignorant; that they assure the population is the same if not worse.

No one likes N Korea's leadership and we have great empathy for the starving, suffering population which is oppressed, repressed; exploited by cynical and cruel leaders. I'll not waste my time watching your video about how great the Kims are as their lackeys shed tears to convince us of the truth and sincerity of it.

Your wares are an embarrassment - to yourself, so you'll need to try to sell them elsewhere.

P.S. In this editing I'd suggest you try to retype the previous address. Or perhaps even better, try returning to the previous page. clap2.gif

hey in no way defending the NK way of doing posted just as an example how the Nk kims thing of the western world

Edited by Scott

The latest analysis of Kim's course of action is that he'll make a low impact "tactical" strike somewhere in the area of the Korean peninsula. The link is below. One pentagon general said Kim has to do "something" in the next 7 to 10 days because "He's declared war several times now and once you've done that, you have to do something or no one will ever believe you again."

North Korea Likely To Launch 'A Relatively Small Attack That Won't Leave Many People Dead'

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/expect-a-tactical-strike-from-north-korea-2013-4#ixzz2PcNuiueP

Sounds a bit like we are baiting him. Dude, you gotta do something or no one will ever believe you. Here us what you can do without causing big problems. Haha, yeah right.

Sounds like Chief Inspector Clouseau is on the case. Good work figuring out the ol' let's set 'em up and provoke 'em ploy.

• Like 1

If North Korea had oil, an American tank would already be in Pyongyang pulling down a statue of Kim Jong-un.

Quite ironic considering that China is now receiving the lion's share of oil coming out of Iraq these days.

• Like 1

I think it would be up to NK's propaganda machine to report on the number of missiles pointed at it.

What utter rubbish. 'We' supposedly have a free and independent press - and in this instance it is anything but these two adjectives.

Unless of course you are calling the BBC, ABC (Oz), Reuters, AP etc... North American propaganda tools

• Like 1

How many missiles are stationed along the border facing North Korea?

All we hear is this NK missile here and this NK missile there . . . why don't they report the hundreds of missiles pointed at NK?

Honestly, this is getting ridiculous - the wonderful free press

Googling this: 'US missiles aimed at North Korea' comes back with this:

https://www.google.com.my/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&ie=UTF-8#hl=en&safe=off&sclient=psy-ab&q=US%20missiles%20aimed%20at%20north%20korea&oq=&gs_l=&pbx=1&fp=c2264356cc05774&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.44770516,d.bmk&biw=1241&bih=606

Every single link is about one of the two NK missiles moving somewhere . . . nothing else

A bit of info below on South Korean missile offensive capability, it shows an extensive investment. Plus god knows how many US conventional & nuclear armed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_Republic_of_Korea_Army

For a bit more paranoia “Officials said it was not clear why the Russians conducted the practice strikes. However, the simulations may indicate Moscow has targeted its offensive ballistic missiles on Japan or U.S. military bases in the region.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/05/russian-bomber-conducts-practice-strikes-on-us-missile-defenses-in-asia/#ixzz2PeXr66m7

Edited by simple1

President Barack Obama recently called China's new president, Xi Jinping, as part of an effort to brief the Chinese about American plans to take steps to deter the threats coming from the North, The New York Times reported on its website Friday night.

http://news.yahoo.com/nkorea-aggression-could-strengthen-us-china-bond-072505915--politics.html

The situation drags on with th US apparently trying to calm things down and make the less alarming noises and still no news of carrier battle groups, interesting. The Chinese are in a good position to try and do something with this wayward country and to stop a conflict after all they do not want a flood of refugees do they. World trade has also been hit and be more so if it kicks off ( look at the stock markets this week ).

I guess we will have to wait till after Songkran before we know which way this going to go, perhaps if the fat boy where to find a decent barbers he might get some decent advice, in the meantime he enjoys being on the world stage, how will he exit it?

If North Korea had oil, an American tank would already be in Pyongyang pulling down a statue of Kim Jong-un.

There are many reasons for war. None of them good. Short round is no exception.

He seems to be following his grandfather's footsteps. When the grandfather came into power, also in his 30's, the first thing he did was start a war with SK.

Why? Most likely to hold on to power. And not the kind of power that burns oil.

Edited by rijb

He seems to be following his grandfather's footsteps. When the grandfather came into power, also in his 30's, the first thing he did was start a war with SK.

To be fair, he waited two years (until Stalin - and the Chinese more reluctantly - finally gave the nod; after all neither he nor his military would have been in existence as they were without the Soviets).

And I'm going to disagree about there being no good reasons for war; war is never a good thing but once in a while it is necessary and just. (Though even then, not always advisable and always tragic).

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Edited by SteeleJoe
  • Like 1

Report: North Korea has two mid-range missiles on east coast

Seoul - North Korea has two intermediate-range missiles on mobile launchers deployed near the east coast, Yonhap News Agency quoted unnamed military sources as saying in Seoul Friday.

The news came after reports Thursday indicated that a mid-range missile, able to reach South Korea, Japan and the US military base of Guam, had been moved to the east coast.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-04-05

"Just a little bit of photoshop magic and we'll have 2,000" laughed Kim maniacally!

.I cannot see Obama having the nerve to retaliate with nukes and there really is no need.

Classic. Can't help yourself, can you? smile.png

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Obama is a smart, strong and calculated man . . . unlike Bush Jr. Silence is stength on these types of issues. Look at NK's conduct and Oabam's conduct up until now. Junior would be on TV stumbling over his words making his axis of evil speeches, putting our country on high alert and placing airports at level orange. Midget leader would surely like to see disruption and alarm. That is the entire purpose for his lunacy.

I am loving imagining Kim seething as he googles "Obama" and discovers that he has apologised for calling an Attorney General "best-looking in the country" but hasn't uttered a single word about Kim Wrong-Un's miniaturised weapon!

The situation drags on with th US apparently trying to calm things down and make the less alarming noises and still no news of carrier battle groups, interesting. The Chinese are in a good position to try and do something with this wayward country and to stop a conflict after all they do not want a flood of refugees do they. World trade has also been hit and be more so if it kicks off ( look at the stock markets this week ).

I guess we will have to wait till after Songkran before we know which way this going to go, perhaps if the fat boy where to find a decent barbers he might get some decent advice, in the meantime he enjoys being on the world stage, how will he exit it?

The Boyz in Beijing have little if any leverage over the rogue state, N Korea. Beijing began seriously to lose its influence over Pyongyang when the young Un's pappy, Kim Jong Il ordered N Korea's first nuclear test in 2006. Kim ordered the test in defiance of Beijing. There's been increasing fallout between Pyongyang and Beijing with each of the two subsequent tests.

The Boyz in Beijing also have come to the end of their rope over the Kim dynasty's refusal to follow and adopt, at least to some extent, the economic reforms of Deng Xiao Peng. Both the Boyz in Beijing and the Chinese people have progressed from inpatient, to frustrated, to exasperated and finally to disgusted with Pyongyang principally due to these two factors. Supporting N Korea has become a great financial and political burden to Beijing, a great burden that is too much to bear as far as Beijing and the Chinese people are concerned.

Beijing wants a nuclearized Korean peninsula like it wants democracy in the PRChina, which means never.

If there's a solution to the present madness from Pyongyang and the normal tensions on the Korean peninsula, don't look to Beijing because the answers won't be found there.

The following site has an extremely good write-up on the military scene in the Koreas.

Some of our self professed experts might bone up on its contents.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...from the article...

Conclusion
The combination of North Korea’s long economic decline and enhanced US and South Korean military capabilities has diminshed the threat of a North Korean invasion of South Korea. Nonetheless, North Korea retains the ability to inflict heavy casualties and collateral damage, largely through the use of massed artillery. In effect, Pyongyang has more of a threat to devastate Seoul than to seize and hold it. North Korea’s conventional threat is also sufficient to make an allied pre-emptive invasion to overthrow the North Korean regime a highly unattractive option. In theory, US forces could carry out pre-emptive attacks to destroy known North Korean nuclear facilities and missile emplacements, but such attacks could provoke North Korean retaliation and trigger a general conflict.
Edited by Scott
Fair use

An excellent analysis as always by the IISS in the UK, to which I would add the piece below by the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, also concerning N Korea but also pointing out that Beijing knows it needs to dump N Korea as any kind of ally.

http://carnegietsinghua.org/2013/02/22/north-korea-s-defiance-may-reshape-china-s-strategic-calculus/fj9s

• Like 1

Still no news of any carrier battle groups, NK will probably declare a great victory here without firing a shot, I do hope one of their nuclear weapons does not go off by accident whilst still in NK.

Still no news of any carrier battle groups, NK will probably declare a great victory here without firing a shot, I do hope one of their nuclear weapons does not go off by accident whilst still in NK.

The thought did go through my head too. sad.png