Chalerm: Immigration Bureau Needs To Implement Tougher Screening On Foreign Arrivals

webfact

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just returned to thailand from an eight day visit to Cambodia, what a joy pleased to see you anxious to grant on arrival visa ASAP welcomed by immigration oh so different, return to thailand with proper marriage visa extension and greeted like we really are not welcome hvae to renew later this year expect again more hasstle, I support about ten people in thailand and still not welcome not complaining because if you do not like it leave as I was told by one immigration official, I choose to live here and most of the time so long as I satay away from immigration I am very happy

They like our money only. They don't like us at all. I regonized the same thing, when i come from Europe or even on a landtrip from Cambodia. They look at me so down, when i came over the landborder, they look us like a cheap charlies. I travelet to cambo with my own car, because i don't want depend on the taximafia overthere, they still look at me down, even i owning a car, which is paid for (cars on finance can't pass the border).

The aditude of the officers is in some cases very bad, the same as when you entering to the US (i think they learned from them).

Actually LOS doesn't deserve our visit. Money for holiday can spend everywhere not only in LOS. I guess, if they could, they would put a big pot in the airport, where farangs can arrive, trow the money in and travel back on the same day, without entering the country.

• Like 1

It should have been implemented years ago, tougher visa regulations, ie criminal history checks would be a good start. Perhaps a linked computer to Interpol to cross check as well

That of course would mean installing a working, fast, internet connected, database for ALL entree points.

The little computer boxes they use now obviously are not well connected to home base 24/7.

• Like 1

yes for those who live here and contribute and support & pay taxes, the yearly hassle to beg for an extention for the right to stay with your own wife and family + the 90 day report hassle...

and before i tought i was an international human right, to stay with your family, wife and children... but hey, we are only guests here, i mean, we are treathed like guests and not residents

You think you are thought of as a guest?

Think again.

Anyway, not only Thailand makes an issue of staying with your family.

Try to take your wife to Europe..........

or America

• Like 1

Just returned to thailand from an eight day visit to Cambodia, what a joy pleased to see you anxious to grant on arrival visa ASAP welcomed by immigration oh so different, return to thailand with proper marriage visa extension and greeted like we really are not welcome hvae to renew later this year expect again more hasstle, I support about ten people in thailand and still not welcome not complaining because if you do not like it leave as I was told by one immigration official, I choose to live here and most of the time so long as I satay away from immigration I am very happy

is this the same cambodia where you have to queue and pay 20 bucks for that visa you are "granted" on arrival, or the one you have to pay again to leave, or both?

yes for those who live here and contribute and support & pay taxes, the yearly hassle to beg for an extention for the right to stay with your own wife and family + the 90 day report hassle...

and before i tought i was an international human right, to stay with your family, wife and children... but hey, we are only guests here, i mean, we are treathed like guests and not residents

If I treated my guests the way Thailand treats us ex Pats, They would not be my guests for long. Guests in this country? no way, we are just tolerated because of our money.

interesting, i generally limit my guests to about 3 days, 5 if pushed.

• Like 1

You think you are thought of as a guest?

Think again.

Anyway, not only Thailand makes an issue of staying with your family.

Try to take your wife to Europe..........

Or Canada or the States. And I am talking about just for a visit not to live.

I am a guest here! And I TRY to keep my mouth shut about most issues but I do have issues with the half assed way people seem to have of doing things here.

When the Thais have to compete with the rest of the AEC in 2015 they should look into becoming MORE business like in ALL their interactions with farangs. As I see it they will be at a major disadvantage with the rest of the region if they don't grow up and see that the Thai Way IS NOT the way of the rest of the world they want to do business with.

On the posted subject- A Visa Background check before Entry is all that's needed!!!

I have to remind myself everyday that the Freedom of Speech does not apply.

Above stated with All Due Respect!

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.

Who do the United States think they are ?
Deal with the internal problems of a foreign nation. Thailand has always been proud to be the only nation in Southeast Asia which has not been colionalized.

But they just doing as the USA require. Because of these imperialists Americans, we will have to be subjected to a body search on arrival. A reason why I don't go to America, but impose that there, it's a scandal !

They should rather clean the mess at their home with all the xxxx, rifle massacres there before interfere in things that are none their business !

Hmmm, Not Colonised, Maybe, But ask them why they were so quick to take it up the bum from the Japs ? (They wont like that very much though) Maybe the Brits and Yanks Saved them ? Hmmm now that's a thought

Sent from my MX86 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If it weren't for Americans sticking their nose in other countries business, have no doubt - you would be xxxxxx. Edited by metisdead
  • Like 2

It should have been implemented years ago, tougher visa regulations, ie criminal history checks would be a good start. Perhaps a linked computer to Interpol to cross check as well

Ah yes...the Royal Thai Immigration Computer......another urgent need for more funding...

If I treated my guests the way Thailand treats us ex Pats, They would not be my guests for long. Guests in this country? no way, we are just tolerated because of our money.

Why do you have to be so right on.thumbsup.gif

Possum probably has a line up to visit him/she with that kind of hospitality.whistling.gif

I get tired of hearing about they don;t want us. I am to the point where I don't want them.

Problem with them is they are probably not wanted in the country they come from so they just assume Thailand dosen't want them either.

They might try to except the country rather than change it to the country they left (voluntarily no one forced them out). They might find that the Thais can be very friendly if they give them a chance.

• Like 1

Why do you have to be so right on.thumbsup.gif

Possum probably has a line up to visit him/she with that kind of hospitality.whistling.gif

I get tired of hearing about they don;t want us. I am to the point where I don't want them.

Problem with them is they are probably not wanted in the country they come from so they just assume Thailand dosen't want them either.

They might try to except the country rather than change it to the country they left (voluntarily no one forced them out). They might find that the Thais can be very friendly if they give them a chance.

Yes, I agree that most Thais are very friendly, and I love it here and would not try to change it, but 90 day reporting, not owning your'e house, never going to get the chance of being a permanent resident, but there's more pluses than minuses here.

• Like 1

Deal with the internal problems of a foreign nation. Thailand has always been proud to be the only nation in Southeast Asia which has not been colionalized.

But they just doing as the USA require. Because of these imperialists Americans, we will have to be subjected to a body search on arrival. A reason why I don't go to America, but impose that there, it's a scandal !

They should rather clean the mess at their home with all the xxxx, rifle massacres there before interfere in things that are none their business !

Hmmm, Not Colonised, Maybe, But ask them why they were so quick to take it up the bum from the Japs ? (They wont like that very much though) Maybe the Brits and Yanks Saved them ? Hmmm now that's a thought

Sent from my MX86 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If it weren't for Americans sticking their nose in other countries business, have no doubt - you would be xxxxxx.

Xxxxx = happy

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• Like 1

What else do you expect him to say following a negative FBI report : "who cares we'll just carry on as per usual" ?

This is just Run-of-the-Mill Politician talk not anything of any significance.

Edited by firestar
  • Like 2

Not that impressed. More paperwork, more delays, more $. The simplest way of improving the safety of Thais would be to refurbish the national road system. And lets all applaude one more example of terrorist hysteria.

I think that's known as hitting the nail directly on the head, several actually.

Edited by allan michaud
  • Like 1

You certainly are not very good on reading ability. "Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung plans to set up an anti-terror center, following the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)’s report that Thailand is one of the region’s most vulnerable terrorist targets."

It was a report, dummy. Just wondering if anyone has every accused you of being intelligent? Just curious if you somehow you think your life would be better if Russia or China were the number 1 world leader? Unfortunately you may just find out in your lifetime what it is like under China's lead. Coming to you very soon. Can you speak Mandarin?

• Like 1