Bangkok Court To Trial Son Of Red Bull Executive

webfact

Not defending this kid but you cant charge him with being under the influence when he wasnt tested until hours after the crash, wouldnt have a chance in any court, speeding ? prove it first, not with some cheap chinese uncalibrated camera info. Yes he is guilty of manslaughter and maybe reckless public endangerment but thats about it. And he will walk with a fine and a suspended sentence thats the way it works here, if you havent figured that out about thailand you really shouldnt be here.

not sure about if that camara was Chinese, but i would agree with all your other points.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So speeding at 170km is OK with the police along with driving when you're smashed? Remember to quote the Red Bull case to your friendly BiB if ever you get pulled over!

You can see how this might all pan out. He would have been looking at charges of hit and run and manslaughter. He could deny he knew he'd hit anyone (because it all happened so fast and he was smashed) and manslaughter would get him three years, reduced to two on appeal, then another year suspended for his previous good record and one more for helping the police (in all sorts of ways).

And he's home free.

Edited by bigbamboo

Not defending this kid but you cant charge him with being under the influence when he wasnt tested until hours after the crash, wouldnt have a chance in any court, speeding ? prove it first, not with some cheap chinese uncalibrated camera info. Yes he is guilty of manslaughter and maybe reckless public endangerment but thats about it. And he will walk with a fine and a suspended sentence thats the way it works here, if you havent figured that out about thailand you really shouldnt be here.

Some scary truth in there.

Who cares?

Its up to the Thai people.to protest.

Nothing to do with people who stay here at the whim of the immigration office.

It certainly doesn't impact on your lives,in any shape or form.

Unless, after he is freed, he runs over you at 170 kpm on Sukhumvit LOL

• Like 2

I'm waiting for this verdict as it plays a part in determining my future travels; if he never spends any time in prison, I never travel to Thailand again!

All of Thailand waits with great suspense for your decision. We will all miss you dearly.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My decision, son, is made; can't you read?!

I'm waiting for this verdict as it plays a part in determining my future travels; if he never spends any time in prison, I never travel to Thailand again!

As if anyone would notice your absence, or miss you.

Maybe you should contact the judge for this case and let him know your stance, it could affect the outcome.

You, unsurprisingly, miss the point!

As if anyone would notice your absence, or miss you.

Maybe you should contact the judge for this case and let him know your stance, it could affect the outcome.

You, unsurprisingly, miss the point!

Next stop Cambodia for you. If you don't want corrupt stay in Eurozone!

Who cares?

Amazingly stupid comment and applauded for by all Thai- apologists.

I hope -not really- that you or someone you (apologists) love, is subject to any crime like this!

Maybe you will wake up from your world of fluffy rabbits then!

Perhaps you could to write this again,

right now I have no idea what your trying to say.

And they dropped the charges of driving under the influence because?

Possibly to focus on the considerably more serious charges (under Thai law) than driving under the influence.

i seem to remember reading about him being coked up to the eye balls.

Although he did test positive for cocaine, I missed the "up to the eyeballs" determination.

Just like "he suffers from road rage" got the other rich boy off, "under the influence" might be used as an excuse here! Thai law is scary!

UPDATE:
Man charged in fatal Ferrari crash

THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- The Southern Bangkok Criminal Court has set 10am on May 8 to arraign Vorayuth Yoovidhya, 28, the son of a senior Red Bull executive, on three charges involving the crash of his Ferrari into a motorcycle that killed the policeman driving it.

Reucha Kraireuk, a member of the public prosecutors' office attached to the court, said yesterday that police investigators had sought to indict Vorayuth for manslaughter and hit- and-run but dropped the charges of speeding and driving under the influence.

However, prosecutors reinstated the speeding charge because security-camera footage allegedly showed the Ferrari racing at 170 kilometres per hour on Sukhumvit Road.

The three charges were presented to the court's prosecutor-general Seksan Bangsomboon for consideration.

Vorayuth was arrested at home after his black Ferrari hit the motorbike driven by Pol Senior Sgt-Major Wichian Klanprasert, 48, of Thong Lor Police Station, on September 3.

Vorayuth's lawyer asked for a postponement of yesterday's arraignment.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-04-05

Who cares?

If there isn't a meaningful sentence if he's found guilty then people like him will continue their bad habits. This also applies to less well off people who just bribe the police to avoid prosecution and many who see how this works and so drive badly. These same people could injure or kill me or members of my family or my friends. I'm also concerned for all the other lives that are ruined because of this including the policeman who died. I'd like to think that the police will take this as a lesson as to what can happen when you don't apply the law. One of their own gets killed.

So you carry on not caring and I'll continue with my concern.

• Like 2

because they are some of the richest people in the world. never will do time. Will shower family of cop w/money
And they will be very happy with what they get. That is the way of the Thai and other Asians as well.

They will be given a heap of cash, most of the charges will be dropped, he will get a slap over the knuckles.

because they are some of the richest people in the world. never will do time. Will shower family of cop w/money
And they will be very happy with what they get. That is the way of the Thai and other Asians as well.

They will be given a heap of cash, most of the charges will be dropped, he will get a slap over the knuckles.

Probably true and the reason none of the attempts to cut the road death toll over Songkran and the rest of the year.

Who cares?

Amazingly stupid comment and applauded for by all Thai- apologists.

I hope -not really- that you or someone you (apologists) love, is subject to any crime like this!

Maybe you will wake up from your world of fluffy rabbits then!

Perhaps you could to write this again,

right now I have no idea what your trying to say.

No, I could not "to write" this again, but maybe this part, will make you think?

"It certainly doesn't impact on your lives,in any shape or form."

Oh, really???

A suspended sentence would be an admission by the Thai courts that they are utterly impotent, and unable to offer any sort of justice for the nation. It would mean the entire justice is badly in need of reform, which the entire world knows anyway. The Thai judicial system is the laughing stock, of the planet. It is considered a monkey court. Anyone with money walks. Shame on them. Shame on the govt., for allowing this.

• Like 1

All of Thailand waits with great suspense for your decision. We will all miss you dearly.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My decision, son, is made; can't you read?!

Yes, my illiteracy often gets in the way of understanding the meaning of some of the posters here. Shame on me. And, speaking of literacy, what makes you think I am your son? Are we related? Or have you been watching too many movies lately?

I have sneaking suspicion this lad will be convicted, the sentence should be commensurate with the crime, yet the money aspect will go some way to avoiding any meaningful punishment. Probably won't even get banned from driving, maybe he'll get electronically tagged for a while, and pay the right people to tag someone else.

So I guess the clocks on each cam were synced perfectly to get this time you mention ??? lol yeah buddy, another tv expert. Some of you need to get real this is thailand and like I said before if this kind of corruption bothers you so much you really shouldnt be here. Doesnt matter if you are rich or poor here you can buy your way out of anything, and im betting if this was your son you wouldnt be so high and mighty about it. So go pay your 200 baht to the cops again and brag about your well connected friends you use to circumvent the system here (like everyone does), but quit picking on the guy just because he has money.

Probably because they didn't catch and test him immediately after the crash - he claimed he took drugs etc after the incident and I doubt the police have any evidence to contradict that, sad as it may be.