Popeyes Cajun Chicken

kennedy

I have heard a lot of good things about Popeyes so I may give it a go to see if the comments are correct.

I persume it is Swampy that they are in ,but whereabouts are they - landside or airside ?

What is the menu like? Do they actually have Popeyes side dishes or is everything just with french fries?

They had the side dishes in 1997 before they closed because of the bad Thai economy. I could care less about fried chicken as it is not hard to find here, but the side dishes are hard to find in Thailand elsewhere.

What is the menu like? Do they actually have Popeyes side dishes or is everything just with french fries?

They had the side dishes in 1997 before they closed because of the bad Thai economy. I could care less about fried chicken as it is not hard to find here, but the side dishes are hard to find in Thailand elsewhere.

I love how you use the correct American expression could care less even though I've given it up to couldn't care less under pressure of the internationals. To me Popeye's chicken tastes very different and better than KFC but these days for me neither are worth the calories. Oh well. I agree the sides are the most exciting news if they've got them. Otherwise, not so exciting.

Edited by Jingthing

I was pondering trying some KFC food here a couple weeks back -- given that I think I've almost never eaten there in some years of living here now.

So I went to their Thai website and found they have posted nutrition information on the range of the menu items, and I give them credit for that.

http://www.kfcthailand.com/th/nutrition.php

Some of the fried things, as you might expect, have high levels of fat. But I was pretty blown away to see the HUGE amounts and levels of SALT that were pretty prevalent through most of their menu. Enough that one menu item would cover one's entire salt intake for an entire day.

1270 mg in a Zinger Burger, 980 mg in a Krispy Fish Burger, 1620 mg in a large serving of mashed potatoes, more than 1600 mg in each of their spicy chicken and rice entrees, and as much as 600 to more than 800 mg per piece of their chicken.

So, I ended up pondering...and deciding to give them a pass. All the extra salt I can do without.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Popeyes! Wahoo! I may have to make a trip to the airport! biggrin.png

Next maybe Churches Chicken?

And after that, a chicken-n-waffle shop?

Yes I know i'm in TL but i can only eat noodles so many times sad.png love it but i'm missing some variety biggrin.png

I've noticed that the fried chicken from the street vendors dont have much taste to them. How can you possibly make fried chicken tasteless?

try HERE

The location listed being Food Stop Concourse A at Swampy makes it sound as Popeye's location is inside the terminal area where only ticketed passengers can go, as opposed to being outside in the public terminal areas... But I'm not sure... Can anyone advise on that?

See Terminal A location in the upper right hand corner, outside the main terminal building. It looks like that's on the domestic side of the airport.

post-58284-0-36881300-1365449108_thumb.j

post-58284-0-83483500-1365449426_thumb.j

BTW, there's a Tweet out there from Popeyes Chicken announcing their location at Survarnabhumi Airport, and the tweet is dated May 23, 2011... Just how long have they been open at Swampy?

post-58284-0-50155100-1365450854_thumb.j

Although it's a Thai website, there's what appears to be a bunch of photos of the Popeyes' airport location here.

post-58284-0-23457600-1365451209_thumb.j

I see biscuits and what looks like cole slaw in some of the photos....

And perhaps a rice spotting here...

post-58284-0-11078300-1365451707_thumb.j

BTW, there's a Tweet out there from Popeyes Chicken announcing their location at Survarnabhumi Airport, and the tweet is dated May 23, 2011... Just how long have they been open at Swampy?

Now that I think of it I did see them in the Domestic food court along with BK and others the last time I was at the airport about 6 months ago.

Now that I think of it I did see them in the Domestic food court along with BK and others the last time I was at the airport about 6 months ago.

Can confirm in Domestic food court - junction of A and B concourse