Truevisions Prepares For Life After Epl

eric747

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read bangkok post they have 2,4million mid-package subscribers,

Sounds a lot for a country with 65-70m people.

Has Jimmy McNulty been duking the stats per chance?

Edited by Almera

Last July I gave up on all Thai TV period. Now all I have to do it try and keep my Internet connection from going off all the time. IMHO TRUE Sucks.

To be honest, it does a piss poor job of sucking, how you can fail at being terrible and plunge new depths is beyond me.

I wouldn't give them the loose change in my pocket right now, let alone subscribe to anything they have on offer.

• Like 2

I have not had true for over 3 years now.

A rip off.

Give me online streaming and d/l's any time.

I have been called a thief for d/l tv, but who cares? Stuff those who think the same ;)

Edited by pattayadingo

We are trying the TOT Metv option at this present it is far cheaper than Truevision, It is a new service but if you have an internet from TOT with a download speed of 6.8 M then you can have 2 boxes so you can watch one channel and the GF wife watches another channel, the boxes are free but is you lose them you will pay 2000 baht for each box. with the basic package you get mostly Thai stuff but you do have the option of having other packages for about 300 or 600 baht per month extra.

So what channels will Cable Thai Holdings be selling/giving their matches to?

I would pay an extra 1,000B for a service which does not have the yoboo round ball football on it. I could live happily for ever not having premier league football results rammed down my throat!!

Have to agree, round football sucks, a mob of pansies, should watch a mans game, Aussie Rules, these MEN can take a hit or two and not cry about it. Have to admit though, True shows far too much repeats after repeat after bloody repeat and some content is so old, surely they got it for free. If I was an advertiser, I would demand a fee reduction as well, this because on the English speaking channels they show Thai adds, we do not understand them so would not buy their product.

Edited by Rorri

So what channels will Cable Thai Holdings be selling/giving their matches to?

I would pay an extra 1,000B for a service which does not have the yoboo round ball football on it. I could live happily for ever not having premier league football results rammed down my throat!!

So sad ! culture barren!sad.png

Last July I gave up on all Thai TV period. Now all I have to do it try and keep my Internet connection from going off all the time. IMHO TRUE Sucks.

I gave TV up years ago. Download all docs and movies, stream football live. all free once you have an average internet connection. smile.png

Perfect.

wish i knew how !

I wonder if the EPL have any idea or even care for the thousands of followers they are dumping.

They sold the rights to the highest bidder - methinks the SWOT analysis is buried under the 3x amount of more dosh paid...

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

A top executive at TrueVisions insisted that losing the EPL would have only a small effect on his company.

What kind of bull$hitting canute is he?

I can visualise the family discussions now:

Teelak I want to keep it for the excellent Thai HD films and soaps.

OK - you pay for it then my sweet.

Teelak you know I stopped earning that kind of money the moment I met you.

Ok - we are agreed - it hits the bin then.

Is that what your tirak said

My neighbour says he only pays for TrueVisions to watch the EPL. If there are many more people like him, which I suspect there are, that top executive is in for a shock.

Ours went last month, took great satisfaction in listening to there customer services grovel to keep our service. For me...just got sick and tired of to many adverts on

discovery

Hooray, maybe now more motorsport for us petrolheads!!!

Here here, I would have paid double just to get that damned football/soccer garbage off the lin up!!

And that is most likely *exactly* what you will end up doing.

True Visions has also eliminated Star World from its Platinum package. GGGRRRRRRR!!!!!

true visions is now and has been a third world tv provider! as soon as ANY other company comes into being that will provide good programming, I will switch in a heart beat! it is also one of the most expensive considering the service. if you are into cartoons, watching a panda take a dump, or 'reality" programming then stick with it!

I gave TV up years ago. Download all docs and movies, stream football live. all free once you have an average internet connection. smile.png

Perfect.

wish i knew how !

Knew how to do what?

Docs/movies/TV shows - download using torrents.

Live sport - stream using sopcast.

Nothing to it, really. Just download utorrents, sopcast, and spend 1/2 an hour reading about them on the net.

Can you moros stop saying 'EPL'

Cringeworthy lot.

Do you work for Barclays or something? What would you prefer it to be called?

Perhaps the proper abbreviation, as not all the teams in it are from, or play in England. rolleyes.gif

Or haven't you noticed that there are teams from countries other than England, playing their matches in countries other than England, in the Premier League?

Edited by Almera

Cringeworthy lot.

Perhaps the proper abbreviation, as not all the teams in it are from, or play in England. rolleyes.gif

Or haven't you noticed that there are teams from countries other than England, playing their matches in countries other than England, in the Premier League?

Aye, it'll make much more sense to call it the 'EPL and Swansea'. Can we delete the Swansea part if/when they get relegated?

You do know what 'relegated' means, right?

• Like 1

Cringeworthy lot.

Wales..... name another one.

You did say countries after all.

FYI - If you install the new True Ultra high speed cable internet, True for THB 1000 extra (one off fee) give you free access to Truelife - 200 channels as mentioned above.

Anyone who pays True Lie vision for any of the "services" that they claim to offer is completely wasting their money. If you really want to watch their TV programmes get a Dreambox and it will decode programmes for you at about 200/250 baht per month. Another nail in the coffin of True Lies Vision

Anyone who pays True Lie vision for any of the "services" that they claim to offer is completely wasting their money. If you really want to watch their TV programmes get a Dreambox and it will decode programmes for you at about 200/250 baht per month. Another nail in the coffin of True Lies Vision

Is it legal?

When I first saw your topic I thought it said "EMP" and I wondered if Thailand had some secret solution available to the rest of the world. Considering the ramblings of the DPRK, no wonder.

Edited by watcharacters