Where Can I Buy A High-Quality Swingarm Stand?

From my experience in the customs house (where taxes are set before things go to the post office) last week, I'd say the system is so disorganized it's laughable (I know- shocking for Thailand)- I can see there being large variations for similar products- no one seemed to know how to tax my track suit (which they were considering a jacket)- it was ridiculous.

Totally agree, its absolute hit & miss if they decide to charge any Tax

Edited by Garry

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timely thread bump- Bursig finally finished the adaptor for my bike and I ordered a stand (and the optional wheels) on Friday- now let's see how long it takes to get here and how hard I get hit by customs.smile.png

This is a first-gen ZX-14 on their stand- the 14R uses the same adaptor. The weight limit is 300kg- my bike will come in at around 250kg after a couple of mods so I won't be doing the 'climb on the bike to check stability' test:wink.png

post-176811-0-34133800-1369615800_thumb.

Edited by RubberSideDown
  • Like 1

Having watched the video a couple of times, I like the ease-of-use for one person- a rear-stand can be tricky when you're using it by yourself.

I agree about the welders and lousy steel. Might get a good one and might get a bad one. And the attachment point needs to be incredibly strong, something the ABBA engineers have surely already thought through.

Having researched it a bit, I would definitely trust ABBA- they obviously know what they're doing.

Now it's all about how hard a hit they toss out on the shipping- from the US, a stand like that ships for about 2K, but postage from the UK (as you said) is pricey- I paid 1K shipping for an Oxford rain suit last month.

I have the Abba stand and took it from the UK when I last there. I use it for my R6 here in Thailand and its very simply and easy to use, I will also now use it for my R1 that I am due to pick up next month when back in LOS. You can also buy these from Australia if that is any better for you to purchase there is a link in the UK site. I would highly recommend this stand very strudy when the bike is on it. Its also a nightmare to get across in a suitcase I have to take the handle section off but it was simple to do and easy to put back.

Timely thread bump- Bursig finally finished the adaptor for my bike and I ordered a stand (and the optional wheels) on Friday- now let's see how long it takes to get here and how hard I get hit by customs.smile.png

This is a first-gen ZX-14 on their stand- the 14R uses the same adaptor. The weight limit is 300kg- my bike will come in at around 250kg after a couple of mods so I won't be doing the 'climb on the bike to check stability' test:wink.png

attachicon.gif182_0.jpg

I don't climb on mine when it's on the stand either. :)

Timely thread bump- Bursig finally finished the adaptor for my bike and I ordered a stand (and the optional wheels) on Friday- now let's see how long it takes to get here and how hard I get hit by customs.:)

This is a first-gen ZX-14 on their stand- the 14R uses the same adaptor. The weight limit is 300kg- my bike will come in at around 250kg after a couple of mods so I won't be doing the 'climb on the bike to check stability' test:;)

attachicon.gif182_0.jpg

Seeing your Duc on the Bursig stand clinched it for me.;)

• Like 1

attachicon.gif182_0.jpg

I don't climb on mine when it's on the stand either. smile.png

Seeing your Duc on the Bursig stand clinched it for me.wink.png

It makes doing basic maintenance a hell of a lot easier. I'll be doing some front suspension work when I get back. It also means fitting the wheel kit so I can move the bike out of the road of my new benches being made.

• Like 1

It makes doing basic maintenance a hell of a lot easier. I'll be doing some front suspension work when I get back. It also means fitting the wheel kit so I can move the bike out of the road of my new benches being made.

This will probably sound weird but post a pic of your completed garage/work shop if you can smile.png

I so miss a work space sad.png

Dont get me wrong condo life has a couple good points ( not many smile.png )

But having a workspace is like heaven & even just being able to sit around & tinker

Instead I usually cover my bike here because of the group parking. So only even see it when I take it for a ride.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

For some space is a concern, for others finding time mania.:lol:

Missed nearly a thousand kms for my last service. I cannot imagine doing my own maintenance.

Could not even find time to sell my cbr250. Think about it!

You guys are still lucky.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

This will probably sound weird but post a pic of your completed garage/work shop if you can smile.png

I so miss a work space sad.png

Dont get me wrong condo life has a couple good points ( not many smile.png )

But having a workspace is like heaven & even just being able to sit around & tinker

Instead I usually cover my bike here because of the group parking. So only even see it when I take it for a ride.

No it doesn't sound weird. I'll post up man-cave photos when its done :)

• Like 1

Honda Big Wing sell swingarm stands. They do 3 models that all look the same and do the same job.

The Thai made one is 1900baht with the fittings, then there's an imported one for about 3,000baht and another imported one for about 6,000baht.

I'll be getting the Thai made one.

attachicon.gif182_0.jpg

I don't climb on mine when it's on the stand either. smile.png

Seeing your Duc on the Bursig stand clinched it for me.wink.png

Any news on the stand's arrival?

Timely thread bump- Bursig finally finished the adaptor for my bike and I ordered a stand (and the optional wheels) on Friday- now let's see how long it takes to get here and how hard I get hit by customs.:)

This is a first-gen ZX-14 on their stand- the 14R uses the same adaptor. The weight limit is 300kg- my bike will come in at around 250kg after a couple of mods so I won't be doing the 'climb on the bike to check stability' test:;)

attachicon.gif182_0.jpg

Seeing your Duc on the Bursig stand clinched it for me.;)
Any news on the stand's arrival?
I ordered it on the 24th- my order went from 'pending' to 'processing' on the 29th, then the company shut down between the 30th and the 3rd for their annual holidays...

Hopefully it ships on Tuesday.

Lame- hopefully they're enjoying their 'beautiful holiday':

Holidays / long weekends

Dear customers,

From Thu. 30.05.2013 to Mo. 03.06.2013 we have closed.

At the time no emails will be answered, does not process orders and ship any goods.

The processing of the order as well as the delivery takes place in the first week of our annual holidays.

We apologize for any inconvenience. beautiful holiday

their

Bursig team

Edited by RubberSideDown

• 2 weeks later...

24 days after making my order, I got this email today:

Dear Customer ,

The status of your order changed.

Comments: DHL: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

New status: Shipped

For questions, feel free to anwser to this mail.

Let's hear it for German efficiency...;)

Edited by RubberSideDown

24 days after making my order, I got this email today:

Dear Customer ,

Let's hear it for German efficiency...wink.png

extra long holiday by the schweinhundt's eh.!?

24 days after making my order, I got this email today:Dear Customer ,

Let's hear it for German efficiency...;)

extra long holiday by the schweinhundt's eh.!?

Apparently, and I ordered the stand six days before it started- I'm still waiting for the bike (hopefully by this weekend) so it's not an emergency or anything, but come on...;)

• 4 weeks later...

If you stand hasnt come i can get you one of these very quick and no duty....

http://www.aerostich.com/tools/maintenance-repairs/bikestands/block-stand.html

Great quality and excellent price, but my stand got to Thailand on the 4th and it's currently clearing customs (I ordered it May 24th, and it didn't leave Gemany until June 21st...)

I'll let you know if things change, though.;)

If you stand hasnt come i can get you one of these very quick and no duty....

http://www.aerostich.com/tools/maintenance-repairs/bikestands/block-stand.html

Great quality and excellent price, but my stand got to Thailand on the 4th and it's currently clearing customs (I ordered it May 24th, and it didn't leave Gemany until June 21st...)

I'll let you know if things change, though.wink.png

they took they're sweet f&cking time about it

I got the notice to pick it up today (didn't have a chance before the post office closed, so I'll grab it on Monday)- they're hitting me up for 1770 baht in duty, which I can't complain about at all.wink.png

Let me know if you have any issues setting up the stand? Just to add, the rather large bolt holding the adaptor plate on is torqued to 200nm plus. I need to crack it to adjust the angle slightly, as my bike is slightly nose up. Now I just need to find a rattle gun or 4' breaker bar :D

I think I've got what I need if I have to adjust it (though hopefully it won't be necessary, as I agree it will be a bitch dealing with the bolts;))- I've watched all their Youtube vids (there's a Bursig channnel).

Note it seems a couple things have changed recently- in their first adaptor installation video they show the set-up on a 1000RR, but they updated it last month- it's still on a 1000RR, but a few things are different..

I got the notice to pick it up today (didn't have a chance before the post office closed, so I'll grab it on Monday)- they're hitting me up for 1770 baht in duty, which I can't complain about at all.;)

Thats good as I thought it was.coming dhl.

I got the notice to pick it up today (didn't have a chance before the post office closed, so I'll grab it on Monday)- they're hitting me up for 1770 baht in duty, which I can't complain about at all.;)

Thats good as I thought it was.coming dhl.

It did come DHL- I thought it was gonna be closer to 5K- 1770bt is totally acceptable.