Where Can I Buy A High-Quality Swingarm Stand?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW- I mentioned the adaptor changed a bit from earlier versions- you no longer have to remove the engine mounting bolt to install a spacer- all you have to do is remove the stock nut and replace it with their supplied sleeve- they added a groove to it where a pin is inserted to let it spin freely so it can be properly torqued down.

Edited by RubberSideDown

Got it today (I'll probably set it up tomorrow).

I guess they don't believe in packing material in Germany (though it was strapped so it wouldn't bounce around):

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It look OK, though:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Mine was shipped the same way, albeit a small hole in the side but no damage or lost parts.

BTW- I mentioned the adaptor changed a bit from earlier versions- you no longer have to remove the engine mounting bolt to install a spacer- all you have to do is remove the stock nut and replace it with their supplied sleeve- they added a groove to it where a pin is inserted to let it spin freely so it can be properly torqued down.

I'm curious, so a photo would be nice when you have time :)

I'm curious, so a photo would be nice when you have time :)
Here's their video of the new sleeve install- previously the bolt was pulled to install the spacer, but that step has been eliminated- I'm guessing a few people had their engines shift slightly, making the re-installation of the bolt a real b!tch (which concerned me as well), so they simplified it:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i1hWXkLkiP4&feature=plcp

Edited by RubberSideDown
  • Like 1

I'm curious, so a photo would be nice when you have time smile.png
Here's their video of the new sleeve install- previously the bolt was pulled to install the spacer, but that step has been eliminated- I'm guessing a few people had their engines shift slightly, making the re-installation of the bolt a real b!tch (which concerned me as well), so they simplified it:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i1hWXkLkiP4&feature=plcp

My upper engine mount bolt on my Ducati I had no issues with, as It slid straight out once undone. Obviously the swingarm pivot is taking most of the load. Mind you I can agree with people concerns as I was mildy concerned about the engine settling after removal, though it didn't. Oddly enough the engine didn't missalign at all, when I took the swingarm pivot out for a service I was doing. smile.png

Edited by Garry
  • Like 1

I would imagine if your engine had moved 0.5mm you would have had the tools and knowledge to deal with it, but a lot of people would have been screwed.;)

It would probably be more of an issue with an older bike where the bolts might have loosened a bit over time- I'm sure I would have no problem, but I'd rather not test it...

My bike should be here Wednesday- I'll install the sleeve Thursday and see how the adaptor lines up- it came assembled, but I won't be shocked if I have to adjust it a bit. I put the wheels on and played with it a little bit- I'm impressed with how solid it feels, considering the stand really isn't that heavy.

Edited by RubberSideDown
  • Like 1

I would imagine if your engine had moved 0.5mm you would have had the tools and knowledge to deal with it, but a lot of people would have been screwed.wink.png

It would probably be more of an issue with an older bike where the bolts might have loosened a bit over time- I'm sure I would have no problem, but I'd rather not test it...

My bike should be here Wednesday- I'll install the sleeve Thursday and see how the adaptor lines up- it came assembled, but I won't be shocked if I have to adjust it a bit. I put the wheels on and played with it a little bit- I'm impressed with how solid it feels, considering the stand really isn't that heavy.

Removing the swingarm pivot and upper engine mount bolt, also proved that previous owners hadn't thought about applying some protective coatings, like PX-28 or good ol' high temp grease. Had to clean some corrosion off of them, expecially the swingarm pivot.

I must admit that I had to try the Bursig Video scenario: sit on the bike and wiggle the handlebars. I could feel the stand flexing slightly, so I won't be doing that again. But the stand is definitely solid with the bike raised. And relaly helps me when doing suspension and wheel work smile.png

EDIT: typos

Edited by Garry
  • Like 1

My bike weighs about 100lbs more than yours- I won't be trying that little trick- I'll be about 50kg shy of max capacity with the bike alone.;)

One thing I noted- they offer sleeve installation instructions lumping my bike with the 1000RR, and they gave the torque-specs of the mounting bolt as 50lb/ft, when my service manual shows it to be 44lb/ft- they're off by about 14%- they really should have checked with Kawasaki.

• Like 1

My bike weighs about 100lbs more than yours- I won't be trying that little trick- I'll be about 50kg shy of max capacity with the bike alone.wink.png

One thing I noted- they offer sleeve installation instructions lumping my bike with the 1000RR, and they gave the torque-specs of the mounting bolt as 50lb/ft, when my service manual shows it to be 44lb/ft- they're off by about 14%- they really should have checked with Kawasaki.

The directions I recieved where kind of up there with the fairy's, though it was easy enough to sort out. The reason I mention this, as there were BMW instructions in my package, dumbasses. Mind you, gviing me spare spacers didn't put me off, but I guess they were covering their butts. Note to Bursig, don't give people instructions where you assume they have prior knwoledge of your stand setup.

Edited by Garry