Where Can I Buy A High-Quality Swingarm Stand?

^

That looks really nice.

The specs for the 14R and ZZR1400 are the same (with some very minor differences, none of which relate to the frame or swing arm)- basically it's the 14R in North America and the ZZR1400 in Europe.

Here's a 1st gen (2006-2011) ZX-14 (no 'R' until 2012) from their Facebook page:

487440_497942793575480_1186956548_n.jpg

The stand is rated for 300kg, and the 14R weighs about 265kg- close, but it should be OK (they make one for the Hayabusa, which weighs about the same)- I will post whatever info they send me.

Edited by RubberSideDown

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you can get one as they are very convenient in a workshop environment and I have used it at the track as well.

Oh snap ! You have a beauty of a bike AND an enclosed work area wink.png

Dang

Thanks mania,

I hate clutter and even though this is just a stop gap measure for the proper garage / workshop to be built in the non too distant future, it is still a work in progress. But my bike does get pampered when it's home :)

^

That looks really nice.

The specs for the 14R and ZZR1400 are the same (with some very minor differences, none of which relate to the frame or swing arm)- basically it's the 14R in North America and the ZZR1400 in Europe.

Here's a 1st gen (2006-2011) ZX-14 (no 'R' until 2012) from their Facebook page:

487440_497942793575480_1186956548_n.jpg

The stand is rated for 300kg, and the 14R weighs about 265kg- close, but it should be OK (they make one for the Hayabusa, which weighs about the same)- I will post whatever info they send me.

Good point, as I had forgotten that they had a Facebook USA page & website with more information on it. :D

I just gave the Bursig distributer in Germany a call- they said they're currently building the 14R adaptor and it should be ready in two weeks.

Here's the deal on this stand for anyone interested- it's 301 Euros + 60 Euros for wheels + 89 Euros shipping, or just over 17K baht shipped via DHL (there will probably be a customs hit but I'm not including that)- the stand lifts the front and back, and it rolls.

A basic ABBA stand (which only lifts the rear) is 100 pounds + another 164 for shipping- that's 11,700 baht- however, it's another 2200 baht for the front lift kit, and 6100 baht for the wheel base, or 20K total for an equivalent comparison.

The bottom line is that both are quite expensive and the customs hit will probably be another 3K, but for a fully equipped stand the Bursig looks like the better deal (and it's all in one unit rather than in separate components).

The international model TM posted will probably be cheaper, but even if the price was equal, the Bursig might be the better buy.

I think my numbers are correct- someone please let me know if my calculations are off.;)

Edited by RubberSideDown

^

There are several different companies making copies- the company above is selling the stand for 320 + 80 for the wheels- assuming 20% less for non-EU countries (I think it's 19%, actually), it's not much less than the Bursig at around 320 Euros- I didn't see shipping info- if it's the same rate, it's not a bad deal, but for that small of a difference I'd rather stick with the original.

250 Euros maybe...;)

Edited by RubberSideDown

if i recall right the company (which is not a copy of bursig) mentioned by me will give a discount a 10% (only on the lift itself) if you order 3 or more pc in one time and yes tax is -19%. If you will order let me know iam intressted as well.

I just gave the Bursig distributer in Germany a call- they said they're currently building the 14R adaptor and it should be ready in two weeks.

Here's the deal on this stand for anyone interested- it's 301 Euros + 60 Euros for wheels + 89 Euros shipping, or just over 17K baht shipped via DHL (there will probably be a customs hit but I'm not including that)- the stand lifts the front and back, and it rolls.

A basic ABBA stand (which only lifts the rear) is 100 pounds + another 164 for shipping- that's 11,700 baht- however, it's another 2200 baht for the front lift kit, and 6100 baht for the wheel base, or 20K total for an equivalent comparison.

The bottom line is that both are quite expensive and the customs hit will probably be another 3K, but for a fully equipped stand the Bursig looks like the better deal (and it's all in one unit rather than in separate components).

The international model TM posted will probably be cheaper, but even if the price was equal, the Bursig might be the better buy.

I think my numbers are correct- someone please let me know if my calculations are off.wink.png

I agree that the Bursig is the deal. I think it was Garry's post about his Bursig that I saw a couple of years ago, but I could not find it and could not remember the brand name. It is about the nicest stand out there.

Yeah, I've been looking into it quite a bit and I like it- I've got to wait until they have the adaptor ready for my bike before making a final decision, but I think if I were buying one today it would be the Bursig- I believe it will last for many years and accommodate different bikes (provided you purchase a new adaptor plate for 65 Euros, which they will only sell if you can prove you purchased one of their stands via an invoice number or customer ID- it sounds like people are building their own versions using Bursig parts) which at least somewhat justifies the price.

Unless something else pops up on the radar (which is possible;)), this might be the one.

Edited by RubberSideDown

if i recall right the company (which is not a copy of bursig) mentioned by me will give a discount a 10% (only on the lift itself) if you order 3 or more pc in one time and yes tax is -19%. If you will order let me know iam intressted as well.

Bursig never hit me with TAX /VAT as it was an international sale

^

There are several different companies making copies- the company above is selling the stand for 320 + 80 for the wheels- assuming 20% less for non-EU countries (I think it's 19%, actually), it's not much less than the Bursig at around 320 Euros- I didn't see shipping info- if it's the same rate, it's not a bad deal, but for that small of a difference I'd rather stick with the original.

250 Euros maybe...wink.png

Shipping cost me 85 Euros in Oct 2010. I just checked the store and shipping is now 89 Euros to Thailand biggrin.png

Stand: 301.68 EUR

Adaptor Plate: 67.23 EUR

Rolls Adaptor: 50.42 EUR

I jjsut checked my order history on Bursig's website and tt took 11 days to go DHL to Thailand.

Edited by Garry

^

Shipping cost me 85 Euros in Oct 2010. I just checked the store and shipping is now 89 Euros to Thailand biggrin.png

I jjsut checked my order history on Bursig's website and tt took 11 days to go DHL to Thailand.

Gary do you have a record of the dhl/customs fees when it arrived here?

^

Gary do you have a record of the dhl/customs fees when it arrived here?

I just spoke with my wife (who picked the stand up for me) and she tells me that the tax was baht 3,000. its a bulky, heavy box, which will bring interest from the Thai Post Office.

Are you using it with 2 different bikes? The price of 301 Euros includes one adaptor plate.

You're mistaken, a complete stand is 359 EU (Stand 279 EU/ Adaptor Plate 80 EU) plus the optional Rolls Kit (wheel kit). 60 EU.

I don't think so (unless I'm reading the listing wrong)- a stand is 301 Euros and the rolls are 50 Euro- I just added the stand for the 999 to check- it's 301 Euro, and here's what it says regarding the adaptor plates (you only need to order a separate one if you have 2 different bikes):

When you order a Bursig Stand for your motorbike, all parts that are required to lift your bike are included.

When you want to lift a different model with your stand, then you require a different adapter plate,

you can order this seperately under the catorgery Adaptorplatte.

My total cost would be 301 plus shipping, and another 50 for the rolls.

Are you deducting the 19% for non-EU countries? It's 359 only inside the EU- log into the site with Thailand as your location and the price will automatically update to 301.

Here are both prices- EU and non-EU

post-176811-0-25004800-1365841295_thumb.

post-176811-0-91102700-1365841323_thumb.

Edited by RubberSideDown

I don't think so (unless I'm reading the listing wrong)- a stand is 301 Euros and the rolls are 50 Euro- I just added the stand for the 999 to check- it's 301 Euro, and here's what it says regarding the adaptor plates (you only need to order a separate one if you have 2 different bikes):

When you order a Bursig Stand for your motorbike, all parts that are required to lift your bike are included.

When you want to lift a different model with your stand, then you require a different adapter plate,

you can order this seperately under the catorgery Adaptorplatte.

My total cost would be 301 plus shipping, and another 50 for the rolls.

Are you deducting the 19% for non-EU countries? It's 359 only inside the EU- log into the site with Thailand as your location and the price will automatically update to 301.

Here are both prices- EU and non-EU

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Okay, just order the 279 Euro stand and let me know how you get on. I'm not going to debate it with you, as friends have ordered that stand and has cost as I mentioned: Overall cost Breakdown: http://xtcommerce.motorradteile-bursig.de/index.php?cat=c19_Ducati.html.

I'm sorry but you're mistaken.

359 is the EU price inclusive of 19% tax- if you order it from Thailand (or anywhere outside the EU) it's 19% cheaper- you haven't logged into the site- your own link mentions the tax rate- I don't want to debate it either, but I actually bothered to post screen shots of both prices (EU and non-EU for the exact same product) above.

Here's the same listing with the entire page using the link you posted- the only difference is I logged in for the second one and the 19% was deducted as orders from outside the EU aren't subjected to it- try logging in with Thailand as your location and you'll see the prices drop for every item on their site:

post-176811-0-01203400-1365844176_thumb.

post-176811-0-84250500-1365844197_thumb.

Edited by RubberSideDown

Bursig never hit me with TAX /VAT as it was an international sale

I'm sorry but you're mistaken.

That's the EU price- if you order it from Thailand (or anywhere outside the EU) it's 19% cheaper- you haven't logged into the site- your own link mentions the tax rate- I don't want to debate it either, but I actually bothered to post screen shots of both prices (EU and non-EU for the exact same product) above.

Here's the same listing with the entire page using the link you posted- the only difference is I logged in for the second one and the 19% was deducted:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Actually I mentioned the lack of VAT for none EU, but (whoops) I stand (sit) corrected on what I payed biggrin.png

Probably a good idea if I just checked my 2.5 year old reciept which shows the 19% VAT removed:

Roles Adaptor: 50.42 EUR

Paddock Stand with adaptor: 301.68 EUR

DHL Germany to TH (1 x 17.6kg): 85 EUR (now its 89 EU)

Total cost: 437.10 EUR + Thai Post Tax (3,000 baht)

Edited by Garry

Yup- that seems about right- 3K for the import tax wasn't bad, either.

I can't find anything better than the Bursig stand- there are similar ones, but I'd rather stick with the original manufacturer- I'm gonna order one as soon as they make the plate for my bike- it's just too useful (and cool-looking).

Yup- that seems about right- 3K for the import tax wasn't bad, either.

I can't find anything better than the Bursig stand- there are similar ones, but I'd rather stick with the original manufacturer- I'm gonna order one as soon as they make the plate for my bike- it's just too useful (and cool-looking).

As you can imagine, being taxed by Thai Post is about as fickle as politicians promises. I've had stuff come in and they weren't bothered about taxing it. Not that I'm complaining mind you :D

If its invoiced at 400 euro i would be shocked if duty is under 5000baht

From what I've seen, it all depends on how officious they want to be on the day. I generally hope for apathy from them on the day of parts arrivals. If my parts can turn up on a Friday, even better :)

From my experience in the customs house (where taxes are set before things go to the post office) last week, I'd say the system is so disorganized it's laughable (I know- shocking for Thailand)- I can see there being large variations for similar products- no one seemed to know how to tax my track suit (which they were considering a jacket)- it was ridiculous.

• Like 1