New Market Pratamnak Soi6

bartender100

It doesnt matter where you go here, if there is an empty space nearby some cretin will start making a noise on it before long.

One of my favourite buildings is near that area and I am very glad now that I didn't buy there. I was very close to buying but that empty plot put me off.

You made a good decision, here is what your missing, one of the central units is set up as a music center. last night it went on from 6pm till about midnight.

Is city hall any good in these sort of things?

post-6099-0-24419500-1365226179_thumb.jp

Your photo seems to be taken from that building I like! Shame.

You can certainly try City Hall. You have nothing to lose.

Its Kieng Talay Condo, an old building but I like it, i rent a nice two room unit on the top floor, very quiet usually, no internal work is allowed till 11am and nothing allowed Nov til Feb.

There is a brand new Nova building, Ocean View, right opposite the new Russian market, so I am hoping they will bring pressure to bear. I all ready spoke to one unhappy tenant there

If anyone reading this is affected please call 1337, the more that call the more chance of getting it nipped in the bud

1507625.GIF I am further down in VT3 I think the traffic congestion will be a big problem too

but to those who rent you can always move dont think city hall will help

They are starting to build a 25 story hotel at the bottom of soi 5 hope to leave before they lay the foundations as for the owner of my condo he is about to lose his paid for seaview...

VT3 is the building I like. From some units there you can look towards the new market and get a view rather like the photo posted, though if you look away from the market you will see the sea.

Your owner presumably bought on the side away from Pattaya Park, which was perhaps rather foolish of him. Never buy anything that overlooks any sort of empty plot. Units on your side overlook at least two large empty plots nearby, and several others further away towards the sea. Not to mention that monstrosity with the noisy air-con units just by the beach on that side.

There are still many unsold units in VT3, most of them on your side. If they are building a large hotel there then the likelihood of them ever being sold is close to zero, I suspect.

You were wise to rent.

1507625.GIF I am further down in VT3 I think the traffic congestion will be a big problem too

but to those who rent you can always move dont think city hall will help

They are starting to build a 25 story hotel at the bottom of soi 5 hope to leave before they lay the foundations as for the owner of my condo he is about to lose his paid for seaview...

Is that really going to be 25 stories,wow. I thought they were only allowed something like 12 close to the beach now. Tha's the Tulip project I think.

The market has been a bit quieter last night, but still the distant thump of the base can be heard

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to open this thread again, but does anyone have a direct email for Pattaya City Hall, cant find anything on Google, the contact us link on the website appears not to work. I want to send them a video

Its getting worse the noise. I can't believe that some of the newer condo's in the area have not complained and had it stopped, the new Nova Ocean View is right in the firing line, be caureful if your thinking of moving there

Its 3pm till midnight thump thump thump from the speaker

Go city hall for what?

Regardless of how much money you may have. This is not out country. Therefore a trip to city hall is a waste of time.

I presume you mean "not our country" what's that got to do with it? might not be my country, but I live here legally, and it is my partners country she is Thai and pissed at the music as well

Also its not Thai's making the noise, its a RUSSIAN owned and run market, its in a residential area not far from HRH the Princess home

The Thai's and Farangs living in this area will get it stopped.

Call 1137, Pattaya Call Center, and complain

For over one year, my neighbors and I have called 1337 about an illegal all night, OPEN AIR Karaoke Bar in Jomtien, Theprasit Soi 7. (another one recently opened owned by the same jerk)

Apparently the police profit from this so nothing has been done.

My tactic now is to pressure condo developers in the area, pre-selling units.

Hopefully, the potential buyers will GOOGLE the development and see there are issues that the developer fails to disclose.

So if you are planning to purchase a condo at Dusit Grand Park, Laguna or Maldives in Jomtien, do a drive by at 3AM and see how you enjoy the ALL NIGHT OPEN AIR KARAOKE?

Will City Hall and Police ignore these billionaire developers I wonder?

Edited by DiNiro

For over one year, my neighbors and I have called 1337 about an illegal all night, OPEN AIR Karaoke Bar in Jomtien, Theprasit Soi 7. (another one recently opened owned by the same jerk)

Hopefully, the potential buyers will GOOGLE the development and see there are issues that the developer fails to disclose.

So if you are planning to purchase a condo at Dusit Grand Park, Laguna or Maldives in Jomtien, do a drive by at 3AM and see how you enjoy the ALL NIGHT OPEN AIR KARAOKE?

Got it thanks

So if you are planning to purchase a condo at Nova Ocean View in Jomtien, do a drive and see how you enjoy the Night Market and thumping music

Got it thanks

So if you are planning to purchase a condo at Nova Ocean View in Jomtien, do a drive and see how you enjoy the Night Market and thumping music

Next, go to the Nova Ocean View Sales Manager and mention you are interested in a condo but have been reading reports on the internet about noise pollution nearby.....

Of course they will ignore these billionaire developers, they are only going to be around until the units are sold and then move on to the next project, the noise makers will be a cash cow for years to come

It has opened today and as i feared already there is pumping music from the speakers around the place. I have had to close my windows and put the A/C on to drown it out

Shame this has happened to a once nice quiet area, time to move I guess

Sorry to hear that. Noise, the only thing that would drive me to go postal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems anywhere with available land near them in Pratumnak & Jomtien are going to end up with noise pollution in the near future if only during the construction of even more high rise condos.

I live at Happy Valley on Soi 5 Watboon, in Jomtien, I chose it because its a nice quiet area and with little land available hopefully it will remain so !

• 3 weeks later...

Added to the fun now is an arobic class everynight that thinks it a good idea that eveyone living in the area wants to hear it as well.

I cannot believe the Nova Group don't have enough sway to get them to turn it down, it must be intorable for people living there

Sorry for the bump of the thread

• Like 1

The noise pollution must be maddening to those that have purchased from the nearby Nova group.

How can they sell these apartments knowing the buyers won't be getting any sleep and the police ignore the noise for small payments?

In our area, we phone the City Hall complaint line #1337 almost every night between 2AM - 6AM.

The staff claims to send the police but it goes on and on and on.

People buying apartments at Jomtien, Laguna, Zen, Dusit Grand Park and Maldives condominiums are in for a noisy surprise when they move in.

• Like 1

Just saw this on another forum (the woodern door one), someone's on my side.

Despite selling condo's in Nova Ocean View Pratumnak soi6 for 5 million
Baht plus to "lucky" owners, the Nova group and Pattaya City Hall seem
unwilling or unable to do anything about the noise from the the market
dead opposite.

The fun starts about 5pm when a screeching female
is teaching an aerobics class to less than 10 people, which can be
heard from a kilometer away, then on into the night a beer garden
(Licensed?) has sprung up with its own open air DJ pumping music into
the night air till late.

All this in the area proclaimed be the
Nova Groups OWN website speel to be less than 300 meters from The Royal
Highness's Princess Soamsawali own residence estate

http://novaoceanview.com/nova_ocean_view.asp

Check out "location"

Calls from residents of Nove Beach view to Pattaya City Hall 1337 line has fell on deaf ears

This is one example just how developers don't care once they have sold all the units and will tell you anything. Be careful

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So even though it's the low season are they still banging away with this racket?

The market I must admit is now almost quiet, they still play music, but no thumping base. I am sure Nova had something to do with it

The shrieking woman that does the aerobic class between 5:30 and 6:30 is still a big pain, I still have to close my windows when she is on using her music and mike